The Dead Zone Forums

USA (ended 2007)

The Dead Zone has gone to Hell

1Critic

[1]Oct 17, 2007
    • level: 5

Just finished watching season 6, the last two episodes were hard to watching

They should have ended it in 3 seasons instead of dragging it out, I will not bother with season 7.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

iamralphiam

[2]Oct 17, 2007
    • level: 6
    probbably same here, season 6 was bottom of the barrel though i liked how it ended better than any other episode in the season it was still very poor, and the side-plots are getting worse and worse they need to end it or i will stop watching as well

GaRYtheWHiTe

[3]Oct 18, 2007
    • level: 3
    Season 4 - 6 are terrible. And I havnt even seen season 6.

AMHfan

[4]Oct 22, 2007
    • level: 2
    Season 6 was great imo. Better then the last 2 seasons. Love the changes they made, loved how Armageddon was absent most of the season, although with the new twists I might warm up a little to it, but still hoping when season 7 arrives, we won't get too many armageddon eps. But I'll be watching season 7.

AMHfan

[5]Oct 22, 2007

GaRYtheWHiTe wrote:
    Season 4 - 6 are terrible. And I havnt even seen season 6.

So in truth you're saying season 4 and 5 are terrible. Since you haven't seen season 6, you can't really pass judgement on it.

Edited on 10/21/2007 11:31pm
    Edited 2 total times.

farscapefanuk

[6]Oct 23, 2007
    • level: 32
    Yeah why are people constantly complaining about this season? It was fine!

QueenOfGaming

[7]Oct 23, 2007
    • level: 3
    I only lost interest in the show after they killed off Walt. I thought it was a lousy thing to do just to bring Johnny and Sarah back together and the lost scenes betweens the characters were good for the show and that's gone now.

Placebo_obecalP

[8]Oct 23, 2007
    • level: 13
    Season 6 other than a couple of episodes was garbage, weak writing, weak acting, lack of characters to fill out an episode......

copygeek

[9]Oct 26, 2007

Well, I've pretty much expressed my opinions on season 6 in other threads, but since I'm one of the people who love the Armageddon storyline I was put off by them getting rid of all the secondary characters AND the Armageddon plot in the first episode of the season. The rest of the episodes seemed like a rehash of season one, and since I've already seen season one I didn't need to sit through it again.

The last episode, which brought back Armageddon, and gave a better goodbye sceneto Walt, was fantastic though. It didn't fully make up for the rest of the season, but it was great.

CAPNDEL

[10]Oct 31, 2007
    • level: 14
    I enjoyed season six and hope that the show will be picked up for a seventh season.

Umbrageous

[11]Nov 4, 2007
    • level: 10
    i stopped watching after season six episode eight because it was terrible.

Placebo_obecalP

[12]Nov 5, 2007
    At least the writers strike won't affect the decision about whether there'll be a season 7 as they clearly only employed writers for about 3 of the episodes of season 6......

Libaax

[13]Nov 16, 2007
    • level: 8
    I thought only season 5 was really week.

Season 1-3 great
    Season 4 decent
    Season 6 great, prolly the best stand alone eps ever.

The only week thing in season 6 was the lack of supporting characters when they removed Bruce,Walt who interacted great with Johnny for so long. They should have replaced them.

AMHfan

[14]Dec 2, 2007

Libaax wrote:
    I thought only season 5 was really week. Season 1-3 great Season 4 decent Season 6 great, prolly the best stand alone eps ever. The only week thing in season 6 was the lack of supporting characters when they removed Bruce,Walt who interacted great with Johnny for so long. They should have replaced them.

No they did the right thing in not replace the supporting cast because if they had replaced them then they would have defeated the purpose of getting rid of Bruce and Walt. See the purpose of this season was to isolate Johnny, throw him back onto himself. This time he could not run to Bruce or Walt to solve a case, he had to figure it out himself. Which is one of the points that made this season great imo.

Too bad we still have no word on a renewal. I sure hope they will give us at least one more season and then hopefully a good ending (and with good I mean good, no killing Johnny in the end.)

Placebo_obecalP

[15]Dec 10, 2007
    AMHfan wrote:

ISee the purpose of this season was to isolate Johnny, throw him back onto himself.

LOL don't talk rot, the purpose of this season was to make the show for even less money than they did previously. You don't write out all the main supporting characters of a show unless you have some deeply involving plotline and story to weave around the character, which this season most certainly did not have. There's an old English idiom "pay peanuts and you get monkeys" And that's what we got, a new team of writers who clearly were incapable of writing anything with real depth and intrigue and a distinct lack of characters for Johnny's one trick pony show to work from.

You're like "Information Ali", so much in love with the show that what you come out with is nothing more than nonsensical propaganda.

Edited on 12/10/2007 5:58pm

Holtsav

[16]Dec 11, 2007
    • level: 4
    Will turn out, the all sixth season just was Sarah's dream, and then Walt morning will be in the shower there.

Placebo_obecalP

[17]Dec 12, 2007
    I wouldn't be surprised, I kept saying that the writing on season 6 was about on a par with a soap opera, a Dallas style "it was all a dream" would fit nicely

AMHfan

[18]Dec 15, 2007

What a nonsens, and this was brought up at the beginning of the season when people had a hard-time accepting Walt was dead. Well guess they gotta accept it now. Walt is dead as a doornail and is not coming back.

Too bad for Chris, he's a very nice guy, but I don't see him coming back unless it's in more visions of Johnny.

Edited on 12/15/2007 10:42am

Libaax

[20]Dec 20, 2007
    • level: 8
    AMHfan wrote:

Libaax wrote:
    I thought only season 5 was really week. Season 1-3 great Season 4 decent Season 6 great, prolly the best stand alone eps ever. The only week thing in season 6 was the lack of supporting characters when they removed Bruce,Walt who interacted great with Johnny for so long. They should have replaced them.

No they did the right thing in not replace the supporting cast because if they had replaced them then they would have defeated the purpose of getting rid of Bruce and Walt. See the purpose of this season was to isolate Johnny, throw him back onto himself. This time he could not run to Bruce or Walt to solve a case, he had to figure it out himself. Which is one of the points that made this season great imo.

Too bad we still have no word on a renewal. I sure hope they will give us at least one more season and then hopefully a good ending (and with good I mean good, no killing Johnny in the end.)

I see what you mean but it wouldnt have hurt eps where he had other characters to interact with like the ep with Alex.

They made Johnny too lonely and the writing had to be full of amazing imagination to make that work. It worked with him being isolated in stand alone eps but in armaggeddon eps he needed other characters.