I hadn\\\'t watched DZ for a while (busy RL + holidays) & after the 1st couple eps of S5 I was hopeful. I just came to watch \\\"Panic\\\" with my wife & we couldn\\\'t stop laughing. Laughing at the complete tripe that the screenwriting direction & continuity/editing has taken. This has got to be the single worst tv series episode we have seen (& we watch a LOT of tv!) in a long, long time. Let me put it in perspective: I had 4 more eps downloaded & ready to watch, but after seeing most of this drivel I immediately ran screaming to the PC & permanently deleted the pending 4 eps we yet had to watch. Yes, we were that disgusted with the insult to our average intelligence & entertainment expectations, so much so that I was hitting the delete key as the FBI storms in at the end, well before any credits or conclusion. The miracle is that we let it waste our lives & time for the 40-odd mins too long. E.g.:
- plot holes so large you could drive an oil tanker through them
- let\\\'s hit the bad guy over the head with a gold club & then NOT finish the job & NOT take his gun away when he\\\'s almost unconscious - he\\\'s only a stone cold killer trying to kill my child & someone else\\\'s after all!
- guns penetrate solid oak doors, but not a 30-yr-old+ dumb waiter rofl!
- let\\\'s take a long, long look at each other (John/bad guy) before runnin & gunnin lol!!!
- let\\\'s have a chat to the sheriff while untying him (after making as much noise as possible with the air duct cover) to give the bad guys time to come in half way
- let\\\'s always have our backs to whoever is sneaking up on us, even if it is the only possible approach angle
- The tortured/beaten half to death sheriff & the kid with severe blood loss can scurry up a ladder like a trapeze artist, but the psychic who just fell on his bum from 10\\\' up in a dumb waiter is taking one rung one foot at a time like he\\\'s waiting for the bad guy actor to come through the tunnel door - ummm, who\\\'s doin this choreography lol?
Can anyone say \\\"inconsistencies\\\", \\\"terrible plot/screenwriting/continuity\\\"??? The fact so many here didn\\\'t *hate* this ep, much less thought it \\\'ok\\\' or \\\'good\\\', is a sad, sad, pathetic statement on the general (presumably US) viewing public. We had heard that the show was getting a makeover & new producer/sponsors with S5. Great job - whoever approved \\\"Panic\\\" should really start panicking - it\\\'s all over for us at any rate! RIP Dead Zone.