The Dead Zone

Precipitate

Aired Sunday 10:00 PM Feb 09, 2003 on USA

• Shortly after a blood transfusion, Johnny has visions of the six people who donated the blood in his transfusion, and must race against time to stop one of them from dying. (WARNING: SPOILERS AHEAD!)

RECAP: After saving a kid's life, Johnny is rushed to the hospital, where he receives a blood transfusion. Over the course of a week, Johnny has visions of the six people who donated the blood that went into his transfusion, eventually receiving a vision of one of them dying. Unsure which one is going to die or how, he and Bruce race against time to find out who it is while trying to stop Johnny's vision from coming true.

MY REVIEW: First off, lemme just say that this has got be my favorite episode of the series. It had just the right blend of dramatic suspense and light-hearted comedy, and the only problem I had with it was the mother from the beginning suing Johnny after he had saved her son's life (I mean, seriously, what an ingrate!). I loved how he saved all of the donors' lives, while even managing to make a couple of love connections in the process, and it was cool how he caused a chain reaction with each life he saved. Best of all, though, was the Stephen King reference (the first time, anyway, since it was so unexpected), and the vision of Johnny in a pink bathrobe, taking a pregnancy test. Seriously, I was doubled over with laughter. All in all, I give PRECIPITATE nine-and-a-half blood transfusions out of ten.