The Dead Zone

USA (ended 2007)

Gislef

The Dead Zone Fan Reviews (109)

• DEAD ZONE

1st and BOOK IS BEYOND i gotta say, it took me until this year (2014) to bring myself to watch the television show "The Dead Zone" cuz i thought there was NOOOO WAAYY that ANYONE but Walkin to "do" Johnny, but i have to admit i am now ADDICTED to the show lol Anthony Michael Hall does a fantastic job!!! and i LOVE how they brought the whole serial killer in the first episode and now (im into season 2) the whole Stillson thing into it, i love it, but then again WHAT IS NOT TO LOVE ABOUT ANYTHING TO DO WITH THE KING!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
  • the dead zone season 4 episode 4; still life

In this episode is an awsome house by the sea, does anyone know where that house is?
  • visionary show

the series is based on stephen king's novel of the same title. johnny smith, the protagonist is a psychic, a visionary who can see the future and the past alike, the result of a terrible accident he suffered that left him in a coma for six years. he was totally different when he woke up having this visions that help him change the outcome of a particular situation. with just the slightest contact, a touch with a person or things he goes out or spaced out for a moment and see what will happen or what already happened, most of the time horrible things that makes him to question if it's really a gift or a curse. but he can be of help to anyone who needs it if only to change something for the better.
  • Johnny Smith had a perfect life until he was in a car crash that launched him into a 6 year coma.When he woke up he found his fiance married another man and is raising his son.He also has visions triggered by touch now he tries to live in his changed life

The Dead Zone is an awsome show, the characters are so realistic and you even start to like the bad guys. The story line is so neat, the fact that a guy with all those bad things happening to him he stays strong and asks his friend for help when things seem imposible. Anthony Michael Hall does a great job as Johnny Smith, he show the complex character with great talent. The entire cast and crew makes every great epizode a mini movie. There are some epizodes I don't like because I personally don't like the topic, but I'd nver say I hated any of them, they are awsome.I hate that USA was dund enough to cancel the show and the show that's filling it's time slot is In Plain Sight, which to me, looks weird and I wouldn't want to watch it. The Dead Zone is the best show I've ever seen.
  • The Dead Zone is...

Awesome!!!

The Dead Zone is possibly the best show ever! When I first saw Season 1, I was awwed, but i never thought that Season 2 would be even BETTER! After Season 2 ended, I waited anxiously for Season 3. When Season 3 arrived, I loved it more than any other season so far! Soon Season 4 came, and I absolutely LOVED it! Season 5 then came, and it was the best yet again. Season 6 also ruled! I hope that this show is renewed and there will be a Season 7. Season 7 will probably be the best!!!

Scores from 1-10

Season 1 : 9.99
    Season 2 : 10.00
    Season 3 : 10.01
    Season 4 : 10.02
    Season 5 : 10.03
    Season 6 : 10.04
  • Well this show is so Good. I love it.

Well if you guys like movies where you have to gess this is a good movie and you have to watch episod to episod.I think almost everyone will like this show.this show is so good. Im not sure of what to say so im repetting it sorry hope that its ok and wanted to say Thanks.Hey im a new gurl so would you plz talk to me and help me out just a little. Well anywayz if you like mysterys then you will like this show. Well hope that you give it a try. Thanks for your time. Byz the new gurl Dstinee.
  • I HAD A VISION THAT YOU'LL LOVE THIS PROGRAMME.

Dead zone is a great tv show,it's all about Johnny Smith.A man who survives a car crash,but ends up in a coma.After 6 long years in a coma he wakes up,but sadly finds out his girlfriend is married to someone else.And his son doe'snt even know who he is.But that's not all,Johnny finds out that he has now got a special ability.With a sigle touch of someone he get's visions of there future or there past.So johnny decides he can use this ability to help people,which he does.The cast for this programme is no one that i have ever seen before,but works really well.Each episode has a very different case for johnny to solve,along with the help of his friends.This is a great show,and a great idea for a show.So if you have never seen Dead zone before,give it a shot as i'm now hooked on it.
  • Based on the awesome Stephen King book. This show is awesome!

USA Network's original series, the Dead Zone is based on a novel by Stephen King - which may be the best Stephen King book i have ever read. This television show, the Dead Zone, also may be one of the best television shows that I have ever seen. It is about a schoolteacher named Johnny (or John) Smith (played by Anthony Michael Hall from the Breakfast Club and Sixteen Candles) who helps solve murders after receiving psychic powers after waking up from a six year coma, which he is put in after being invovled in an extremely terrible car accident after leaving his girlfriend, Sarah's house.
    Watch it! It's suspenseful and full of mystery-ness!
  • This series is a must watch.

This is a great series. If you watch the original Steven King movie "The Dead Zone" before the series, it's even better. But just make sure that you watch the episodes from the beginning of the series so that you don't miss things that might make the remainder of the series much more enjoyable. Each season has certain things that happen (like and series) and certain things that is one of the main focuses during it. He even finds people that can do things similar to what he can do throughout the series. By the time you get to the new episodes, you get disappointed in some things, but are excited at some of the things that they are currently leading up to. Overall, this is a Must Watch series.
  • This is really a great show.

This show is extremely under-rated, the story maintains a very similar feel to that of the Stephen King book, also know as the Dead Zone.

The basic story is this, Johnny Smith is madly in love with a woman named Sara, the night he makes love to her and concieves a child, he is in a near fatal car crash.

Six years pass and Johnny suddonly wakes up, but finds that 6 years have passed and Sara is now married to another man and his son don't know who he is.

But thats not all thta has changed for Johnny he now has a strange power with one touch, he sees things thta will happen and things that have happened. Th first season focuses heavily on Johnny tryig reconnect with the world. By the end of the first season, Johnny sees an alful future for the world, when he shakes hands with a politican who nis going to bw the next president. The question is can Johnny change history so this man can't come to power? This is a fantastic show that is well written the only problem is they don't make enough episodes each season.
  • Wonderful show! The season doesn't have enough episodes! More, More, More!

Great show! I wish they had a normal season with as many episodes. Anthony Michael Hall has come a very long way from "Sixteen Candles" and "The Breakfast Club". Although he portrayed such a wonderful and believable geek back then, he has turned into quite a hunk. He is still a very talented actor and I would watch anything he starred in. Also, Sean Patrick Flannery "Powder" and "The Young Indiana Jones" is superb as the evil congressman. I've seen everything he has starred in (even the bit parts). He is an awesome actor as well. This is a must see show. If not for the great writing, then for the gorgeous hunky men! Too bad they don't have work out, or after a shower scenes. I'd love to see there bare chests! (hint, hint to writers)
  • spooky meets cool

The Dead Zone is yet another fantasic show shot in Vancouver, British Columbia. The actors on the show work great together (however, it would be nice to see more talent picked from the vancouver talent pool). Vancouver is the best location for this genre of show. It lends the show that dark, mysterious feeling. The rain, the abandoned wherehouses, the ocean .. the list goes on. The city is perfect 'cause it offers any show the beaty and wealth of places like Bowen Island, shaunassy, british properties to the streets of the east side or the train tracks at lower lonsdale. The Dead zone is a great show (made from a great movie - chris walkin)
  • Mystical, Dramatic, Terrific

I didn't start watching this show from the beginning. It just didn't seem to be something I'd like. Boy, I could kick myself now, since I've found out the show is so terrific. I have been viewing the re-runs and watching the new episodes, and I find that this is truly an amazing show. Really great job done by the cast, crew, writers and directors. The situations are intense and dramatic, the magical/mystical bent is incredible. And well, who would have thought that Anthony Michael Hall would have turned into such a babe? I'm definately looking forward to more seasons and even better episodes. Well Done, I can't wait for more!!!
  • " You should see what i see "

The Dead Zone is my most fave show of all time nothing else i watch comes close to the passion i feel for this show as a avid fan of the author Stephen King i think the producers have done a top rate job of sticking to the character Mr King created and by doing this have my upmost respect,
    I can not say that i have ever seen a poor episode of The Dead Zone they have all been on the ball,
    One of the things i like About The Dead Zone is the way the camera moves when John has a vision and the actual visual effects they create to go wih these sequences are absolutley stunning a feast for your eyes..
  • Amazing show. One of a kind.

This show is about John Smith, an original name, who was in a car accident, a deep coma, and when awaken, has psychic abilities. He can see the future, past, present, and uses these foresights to help the people he sees. The show has great story lines and sometimes beautiful women. My favorite was the first time he had sex with his new powers. He kept seeing all kinds of people. It was hilarious. Sometimes you are on the edge of your seat with anticipation, and other times you are on the floor laughing. This show is great and should definitly stay on as long as possible. It might be more fun to watch if you watch it from the begining.
  • WOW!!!!

The Dead Zone was one of my favorite movies with Christopher Walken, but I think Anthony Micheal Hall is a great replacement but that might be because I'm more used to Anthony Micheal Hall. The show is nothing like the movie, it's better. Johnny is rich, Johnny hangs out with his caretaker, Johnny has a kid, and Stilson is running for president right away and not for senator. I'm very curious if Johnny is going to do what he did in the movie to Stilson or if he's going to stop him in a different way, (Hopefully it won't be as sad, don't want to spoil ending.) This is a classic adaption of the 1980's hit. I'm just curious to how much longer the show will last, because how long can one man run for president. All in all I love this show.
  • The Dead Zone is the story of Jon Smith, a school teacher who gets into a car accident and a coma. When he wakes up he has psychic powers and starts helping his ex-fiances husband solve crimes, but soon he finds a more important thing to stop. ARMAGEDDON.

This show is the best show on television. It has all you want in a show, comedy, drama, romance and AMH!!!! With the reviews its getting and all the viewers getting hooked on in no time this will become one of the best shows on television in the U.S. of A. DZ ROX!!!!
  • Great show!

The show about Johnny Smith, who discovers he has developed psychic abilities after a coma. Johnny begins having visions of the past and future triggered by touching items or people. Johnny uses his psychic abilities to per vent to help solve crimes and to save the lifes of people who die in his visions of the future. The Dead Zone is a great show and I hope it keeps up the great episodes. Although sometimes Johnny isn't able to per vent all of the visions that he has but for the most part he does a great good. I just hope the series doesn't start to do weird story lines. Although their have been some bad episodes, but most of them have been great. So overall its a great show.
  • hooked from the start

this is without a doubt one of my favorite shows. i hear this is the last season. that is a real bummer. i had always hoped that christoper walken might make a guest appearance. i think this show has been a real shot in the arm to michael anthony hall's career. one thing i hope to see revealed is the apocalypse story line.
  • The Dead Zone really needs a lot more credit than what it's been given.

This show keeps you satisfied and very rarely disappoints. In my opinion this is the best scifi/drama show ever. This is the best show since 'Quantum Leap' as it follows a similar theme. Both shows have two completely different stories but both Johnny and Sam have information about the future that needs to be changed for the better and sometimes the decisions they make can change things drastically. The Dead Zone has humour, excellent drama and terrific science fiction stories that bring all three elements together. We see Johnny lose people he cares about along the way as we learn even he can't save everybody but Johnny makes it his mission to stop Greg Stillson as the first vision of armaggedon surfaces.
  • why i love it and why aren't people watching it?

The Dead Zone is a great show. I mean imagine a teacher who gets in a car accident and gets superpowers. HOw awesome is that. This is a great show that no one watches and it just kills me that if no one watches this summer the show will be cancelled. you hear that people you got to get out there and watch.
  • This is very plausible, given the fact we do only use so much of our brain

I have always liked the idea of this show, since we do not use some of our brain, (and this is scientifically proven) and there has been a few people come back from what a doctor called nearly brain dead. (one being a close friend of mine)

I want more seasons!!
  • Really great

The Dead Zone is a great show. I started watching it about the 6th episode because I was flipping through channels and caught it. I have been hooked ever since. U have seen every episode and I have it on DVD. The show is great and well acted. The characters are beleiveable and you really care for them and what happens to them. The writing on the show is superb and keeps getting better. I love the plot twists that come out in every episode a lot of the time i don't even see them coming. The show is amazing.
  • very impressive!

This show at first turned me off. Then i watched it agian and loved the idea of taking Stephen Kings characters and making a series of it. I love the visions and such. the only downfall is that im not quite sure that its \"visions\" were used as the book used them. I love the complex characters and that it builds off of itself.
  • I love this show. I am happy new season starts tomorrow. I have missed it so much.

I have loved Anthony Michael Hall since I was a teenager. When the show started I did not miss one episode. If you love science fiction and the supernatural you will love this show. He is great and the rest of the cast make it more realistic. I really hope this show stays on for a long time. Funny part is the original Dead Zone movie I did not like much.
  • this show keeps me in suspense, has funny moments, never know whats going to happen next!! i love all the characters, each one is perfect for each other and the show in itsself!!

this is my all time favorite show, i can't wait to watch it each week, the only problem is, sometimes its not on, when its supposed to be, and then its on at midnight or later that same night!! i have to get up at five a.m. for work! so i miss alot of episodes! i hope this series stays for the long run!!
  • Who Ever Thought of this is Wicked.

The Dead Zone Is A Wicked Show!
  • To answer my own question above Steven King did. Steven King wrote a book about Johnny and they made it into a movie and now a TV series. The series is my favorite, but I have never read the book. The movie was very good though.

Exremely good story line. The writers of this series have done a great job of adding on to the base story. I would like to see Johnny have a girlfriend that lasts more than a few episodes and possibly a wife. I don't beleive that it would hurt the ratings any because any wife he would have would have problems dealing with his gift.
  • Imagine you're in a coma for 6 years only to awaken in what for you is the future. To make matters even more confusing, touching objects or people propels you, psychically, into their past or future. Enter the world of Johnny Smith. If you could see what

The Dead Zone is wonderful in it\'s depth of character development and choice of relevant storylines. It has something for everyone. Anthony Michael Hall really makes Johnny Smith come alive. At first I couldn\'t picture him in the role but much to my surprise he made it work.

Of course, in the real world, someone with Johnny Smith\'s gift would have been \'disappeared\' by the Shadow Government before anyone got a handle on his talents.

I hope the Dead Zone continues to develope more shows and is around for many more seasons. My favorates are always cancelled....like good eyeliner.
  • Johnny Smith has it all, until one night he is involved in a terrible accident that puts him in a coma for six years. He wakes up with the ability to see things, things that have happened, things that will happen. You should see what he sees.

What a great show, it has it all; drama, action, comedy, and romance. Truly the best psychic show on tv, don't be fooled by cheap imitations. None of these other shows can match up to The Dead Zone's power. I refuse to miss an episode on Sunday nights, it just ain't happening. Anyone who doesn't watch this wonderful show should definitley begin watching as soon as possible. It's just that good. Hopefully this show will go on for many years to come and truly be known by all as one of those classic shows that everyone knows about. It already is a classic to me.
< 1 2 3 4