The Dead Zone

Vanguard

Aired Sunday 10:00 PM Aug 07, 2005 on USA

• A welcome revisit to the the X-File-sian mythology arc.

That\'s the great thing about this show, like The X-Files before it, we get standalone episodes(some filler, some prime examples of human drama)to keep the non-regular viewers happy, then we longtime viewers are rewarded with an installment of the series defining \"mythology arc\". The Stillson/Armageddon arc has almost as many twists and turns TXF\'s Conspiracy arc, but still manages to put the characters first. Here, Johnny is reunited with former student Alex Connors (Hyde from That 70s Show), who is working on an experimental polymer. Johnny keeps seeing visions of the apocalypse when he touches Alex, and he faces the moral dilemma of whether or not to sabotage his work to prevent Armageddon. Along the way, we learn that Greg Stillson will become President of the United States, and we are introduced to the woman who will be his First Lady. We also get a return appearance of Malcolm Janus, the Illuminati member introduced in the season premeiere. It seems like it will only be a matter of time before Janus forces Reverend Purdy to turn against Johnny. All in all, intriguing ep, can\'t wait for the next mytharc ep.