The Defenders Forums

CBS (ended 2011)

How can we persuade CBS to renew The Defenders?

trixiebird

[1]May 12, 2011
    • level: 6

I love this show and I want to help CBS make the right decision and renew it.

Can anyone think of a way of doing this?

I am remembering what happened when CBS tried to cancel Jerico and all the fans sent in peanuts in protest and CBS backed down and gave it another season. Is anyone with me in trying to get this back on our screens?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

haldrey

[2]May 20, 2011
    • level: 22
    There is no way to persuade any network nowadays. They just do not care about their viewers who are the ones paying their salaries and perks. With the cancellation of The Defenders I lost almost 50% of the shows I watched this past season and with the new offerings out there I guess that its a lot of movies for me next season.

NathalieChest

[3]Jun 20, 2011
    • level: 3

I didn't almost watch this show, because I found out about it after it was axed. I was worried that I would like it too much and be upset. I mean with such a cast how could it not be great?

Well it really didn't disapoint. Why was it canceled? It was funny and interesting I would have loved to see these characters grown for many more years.

Who makes these decisions?

deb_eason80

[4]Jul 12, 2011
    • level: 1

I just found the Defenders here on FX in the UK and I love it, I twitted J August Richards about his camero and asked if he might get a bigger part and he tweeted me back to say it got cancelled... I nearly bloody cried !

HOW dare CBS make such a stupid decision !!! It is a brilliant show that could last well into 5 seasons..

James Belushi &
    Jerry O'Connell

are brilliant in their roles and I was looking to see more from Jurnee, I feel so gutted to find one of the best Drama/Comedy Law shows had been canned... So not fair (Insert Hissy fit here)

Debbie Bristol UK

SalsaAddict

[5]Jul 18, 2011
    • level: 2

I'd love for this show to be continued, however, having seen the disgraceful hack job that was done on season 2 of Jericho I'd hate to see what they'd do to a second season of The Defenders. Despite the clear public outcry when they canned Jericho at the completion of season one and were "forced" to do a second season they completely ruined the show with an extremely poorly written and produced pile of crap most likely as punishment to the loyal viewers for forcing them to do so. They certainly are professionals at ruining great shows!