The Defenders

CBS (ended 2011)

TesserT

The Defenders Fan Reviews (14)

7.7
  • With a light mix of feel good drama and character driven humour, a great backdrop (Las Vegas) and a highly likable and competent cast, it is a welcome presence amidst a mostly disappointing slate of new fall shows.

Thank goodness for this show! most of the shows this fall have been so unappealing. This is just a likeable, solid, fun show with a really good cast and feel-good storylines, and a great setting (Las Vegas) which is almost like another character in the show. Also a good supporting cast. Jerry O'Connel and James Belushi are such enjoyabe and competent actors and along with solid writing they are creating characters that are quirky and special and that IMO overrides the 'unoriginal/unnecessary' etc critique some might raise. And Nicki Morelli (Belushi) in the courtroom is usually good for a chuckle or two.

I find this season's new shows to be mostly unappealing and so have been hugely missing summer shows like Royal Pains and Burn Notice and Leverage, and I find that this show somehow helps to fill the void. And I have a feeling it will become better and better with time.