Does anybody know?

Alexandreta

[1]Jul 24, 2006
    • level: 1
    Does anybody know what school the episode, Father of The Week, was filmed at? 
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

BuskieBoy

[2]Jul 26, 2006
    • level: 22
    I really don't think it was filmed on-site. It really doesn't look to be on location.
    They most likely filmed in the studio. Back in the 60's there weren't a lot, if any shows done remotely. The equipment was way to bulky and heavy at the time, so not too many remote broadcasts. That wouldn't be very easy and didn't start in earnest till the late 60's or early 70's, when equipment got smaller and lighter AND cheaper!

jmartin7112000

[3]Jul 28, 2006
    • level: 13

I'll bet Alexandreta was refering to the little girl who asked Mr. Petrie if he could go home with her. That was so natural that it did seem that real children were used for the classroom scene. Maybe they were.

John, 44

Edited on 07/30/2006 12:48am

jmartin7112000

[4]Jul 30, 2006
    • level: 13
    I corrected my previous message. This funny episode was written by Arnold Peyser and Lois Peyser, not by Carl Reiner.

BuskieBoy

[5]Aug 1, 2006
    • level: 22
    It did seem very natural, didn't it. I noticed that the kids seemed to be improvising or had very limited lines and were spontanously reacting to Dick Van Dyke.

I've been racking my brain, but I can't recall any Dick Van Dyke Show made outside a studio. Even any outdoor scenes were obviously on a stage.
    Hell, it wasn't about the scenery anyway, it was about the hilarious writing and Dick Van Dyke's excellent talent.