The Dick Van Dyke Show

It May Look Like a Walnut!

Aired Unknown Feb 06, 1963 on CBS

• An episode that is completely off the wall! Though very different from the standard episodes of the series, this particular show is one "nutty" delight. For anyone unfamiliar with it, this episode is GUARANTEED to entertain.

Since "drummachick" already did such a nice job with her overview, I'll skip that.

But like her, this too is one of my favorite episodes from the entire series (along with "The Ghost of A. Chantz", and "Uhny Uftz").

I love the fact that the storyline of this particular episode is so completely "out there", and just so different from the more typical episodes of the series. Watching this, one gets the distinct impression that the cast (and crew) must have had a great deal of fun putting it together.

The only thing I DON'T understand, is how this particular episode (currently) only rates a (cumulative) score of 5.0! Oh well, to each his (or her) own.....
  • Can Rob's dreams be any more quirky the he is when he's awake? We're about to see!

This is one of my favorites episodes of any show. It's just soooo silly. Kinda like my dreams. In this episode we follow one really weird dream Rob has. The recurring theme here is walnuts and the Danny Thomas that carries them. All day Rob notices that there is something funny going on and evey one is acting strange. Danny Thomas is one of the best running gags ever with lines like: 'What's a Danny Thomas? and 'Danny Thomas put walnuts in my hat!' The only way you could tell who was still themselves was to check if they still had a thumb. And I think they had to drink water to breath, yeah it was weird. My favorite part was when Laura surfs out of the closet on a wave of walnuts.