The Dick Van Dyke Show

The Return of Edwin Carp

Aired Unknown Apr 01, 1964 on CBS

6.1
  • THE funniest episode of the Dyke Van Dyke Show

This is absolutely one of my all-time favorite episodes. Richard Haydn was completely BRILLIANT. I can watch this over and over and never stop laughing. It is evident that if you don't have an appreciation for old radio shows, etc, you won't get it. And that is sad.
  • Rob, Sally & Buddy locate three people who were on old-time radio shows, and want them to reprise their radio character, for a TV Show called their doing called "Calvalcade of Stars".

I love this episode, because I am a big fan of old-time radio shows, and to see Arlene Harris, Bert Gordon & Richard Hayden on the show, doing reprising their radio chararacters was top-notch! They were very funny. The radio shows were way before my time, but i love listening to them, because they were entertaining !
  • Digging up old radio stars for an episode of "The Alan Brady Show".

Old radio stars (I don't know) and one playing one (Richard Haydn – a favourite character that guested on one of the best episodes of "The Man From U.N.C.L.E." playing Alexander Waverly's brother, if I remember correctly). The bits are rather boring, and besides two or three scenes, this continues to be one of my least favourite episodes in the series.

I can't write another 40 words. Will this do do do do do do do do do do do do do do do do do do do do do do do do do do do do do do do?