The District Forums

CBS (ended 2004)

"The District"

madfit

[1]Jun 21, 2006
    • level: 1

Hi,

This was one of the better shows.  Craig T. Nelson was great as the Chief of Police.  The storylines each week were exceptionally good, hitting on real life issues.  Bring The District back.  I know they show repeats on Cable which I watch, but a new revised show would be great.

An Avid Fan

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

KatieBeth07

[2]Aug 2, 2006
    • level: 7
    Nobody posts on this board?  Why?  I just started watching this show on cable this year, and it's awesome!  Is it on DVD?

wheelrchair

[3]Oct 8, 2006
    • level: 15
    This show was taken off CBS too soon and without explanation.

rebecca70111

[4]Oct 15, 2006
    • level: 5
    Currently A&E is showing the District.  It's in the first season at th emoment, season 2 will be starting shortly, if you want to check some episodes, it comes on weekdays at 7:00AM EST and Weekends at 4:00AM  .. I have been DVRing them obviouly, lol, way too early !

SPARKLE4U

[5]Dec 7, 2006
    • level: 12
    KatieBeth07 wrote:
    Nobody posts on this board?  Why?  I just started watching this show on cable this year, and it's awesome!  Is it on DVD?

I just started watching this program on last week! I like it very much!! All the characters are great. I watch it on the Biography Channel (comes on twice a day 10am CST/4pm CST)
    4pm is a repeat espisode!

simpat

[6]Jan 26, 2007
    • level: 4
    I just discovered this show in the last couple of weeks and really like it. Craig T. Nelson is very good in it. I really like his little dog Cujo too. The way Jack treats it is cute. I hope nothing happens to the dog in the series.

Witleeys72

[7]Feb 10, 2007
    • level: 3

If I'm not mistaken, there was some controvery about airing this show in the beginning because it would give Washington D.C. a bad reputation. I could be wrong but since it first aired we now have other TV cop shows that dipicts crime in different cities in the US.

I really love this show and watch it every morning at 7 on A&E.  Why I didn't watch it when it first aired I have no clue.  Didn't know what I was missing. It's such a good show without being so graphic with the blood and gore as some of the cop shows are. 

Has anyone noticed when they roll the credits at the end it reads:  Jack Maple Who Live It  ?

Wondering who Jack Maple was I asked that very question on an answer game website and someone answered me with a link to a web page all about Jack Maple.  Very interesting!  He started out as a transit cop in NY and worked his way up.  He was the co-writer of the show sharing his experiences as a cop in NY, but died from cancer so I take it that's why the show ended.  He also wore those shoes and dressed to the max.

Glad to see others still watching The District so early in the morning!

kittycathy123

[8]Feb 28, 2007
    I am looking to purchase the 4 season dvd set.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  I did purchase it over the internet from tvaddicts.tv and they are bootlegged, taped off USA.  Needless to say, I was not pleased.  I figured for $200 I was getting the real deal.

xSandra

[9]Mar 30, 2007
    • level: 11
    Hm.. this board seems really dead. But I just wanted to say that I love the show.

moonbuzzard1

[10]Jul 31, 2007
    I never watched the show when it originally aired but started watching it on A& E .Unfortunately I missed the first episode but have seen all the others it's in the final season now about 17 episodes left. I think it's a great show good acting and writing what a pity it was cancelled all that seems to be available now is reality T.v which is pretty bad.

Witleeys72

[11]Oct 12, 2007

Unfortunately, I never did watch The District before it was cancelled. I've been watching it now for about a year at 7 a.m. on A&Ewhen I am up that early...lol.It's a great show and a nice break from these other police dramas that show a lot of blood, gutsand gore. The District gets the job done without all of that. Don't get me wrong, I'm a fan of some ofthese other shows but still find it refreshing to take a break from all of that and still have agreat drama TV show....ya know?

Anyway, I love The District and it is too bad a good show was taken off. Really happy to see that others are still watching too.

Witleeys72

[12]Oct 12, 2007

For those of us who love this TV show, here is a tidbit of info that you might enjoy.

At the end of the show when they show the credits, if you notice it says, For Jack Maple Who Lived It. Jack Maple provided material for the show and started out as a Transit Cop in NY. Here is a link that will give you moreinsight into The District.

http://www.richmondhillhistory.org/JackMaple.html

Hope you enjoy it.

Mad_Buck

[13]Apr 7, 2008
    • level: 79
    This show was one of the more unrealistic cop dramas of all time. It was so laden with political correctness that it was hard to take seriously. I mean, it seemed as though every show had a Russian Mafioso as the villain. I never knew Washington D.C. was that infested with the Russian mob until I turned on this series. Hells bells.

AmethystRuby3

[14]Jan 30, 2012
    • level: 2

Hi!

I am looking for a TV show that was playing somewhere ~1990-2006. I think in it a man either faked his death or died and returned. He appeared by his grave at night to confront the enemy or the mole? Afterward, he celebrated with his friends at a bar. It could be a cop/detective show. Does this sound familiar to anyone? I thought it might be the TV show, Seven Days or the District, but I haven't been able to find out for sure.

If no one can remember an episode like this, can someone please suggest another manner of searching for it? Thanks!

P.S. It was the Bones episode, Pain in the Heart!