The Division

Lifetime (ended 2004)

RoxieVelma

The Division Fan Reviews (7)

7.9
  • The Division was the best cop show ever and it is truly a shame that it got cancelled. With its fantastic cast (with the exception of the abominable Jon Hamm) and great writing, it had 4 great seasons.

I started watching The Division in season 2 and rarely missed an episode from then on, all the way to its final episode. I fell in love with most of the truly amazing characters, lovable and compassionate Raina, intelligent and real Captain Kate, loving Magda, naive but lovable Stacy, and poor, poor Angela, who nobody else seemed to like. I truly disliked others--that horrid Jinny whose behavior sickened me throughout the show's entire run (although I am a huge Nancy McKeon fan and found her acting to be unbelievably amazing) and annoying, arrogant Nate (who I was neutral about during the 2nd and 3rd seasons but his unprofessional "makeover" in both personality and looks made me hate him ever so much in the 4th season). The episodes themselves almost all were fantastic. A few that stand out are the absolutely fantastic series finale that couldn't have been any better, the penultimate episode in which a pregnant woman is killed by her husband, who nearly manages to frame his sister-in-law, the season 2 episode where Raina and other people are being held hostage in a bus, and the season 3 episode where Raina meets her biological mother and learns that she is the daughter of a rapist. The Division changed enough throughout the years that I never got tired of it--even though the departures of Lela Rochon and Tracey Needham upset me. I still record the repeats and enjoy watching the show's run over and over again. Although I now watch many, many shows, The Division is really the one that got me hooked on television. I'm thankful that I've had the chance to see every episode of this underrated and widely unknown gem of a show that would've been another hit crime drama had it aired on CBS.