The Doctors Forums

Friday 4:00 PM on In Season

Medical Questions: Ask The Doctors

aldaros23

[1]Nov 17, 2008
    • level: 53

Hi guys, I can see a few people have posted questions about their own health on the forum.

However, the doctors don't look here! If you would like to ask them a question, copy and paste your questions onto this page: (copy and paste this link) http://www.thedoctorstv.com/main/ask_our_doctors

.You can also try WebMD to try and classify your symptoms and find some common causes of those symptoms.

Edited on 11/17/2008 5:06pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

carl1958

[3]Oct 27, 2009
    • level: 1
    I got a question to ask the doctors im 51 and sometimes when go number 1 it smell like popcorn but i havent had popcorn in 5 mounths what can be the problem or should i worry about it my name Robert C.Wismar and thank you for your time and I like the show.

zooloo1952

[4]Nov 24, 2009

Hi Doctors:

I am female age 57. I have a-fib, hypothriodism, and high blood pressure. I am a cancer survuvor of 8 yrs (cervical cancer). Two years ago I had hitital hernia surgery. Ever since the surgery I can't control my bowels, within 1 hour of eating most of the time I can't make it to the bathroom in time. There is so much pressure that it sprays evrywhereand just recently, I wake up "in a mess", this is really embarassing. Also I have very uncontrollable gas. My family doctor gives me Lomotil which helps me get to the bathroom in time, no help on the excessive gas. I have no insurance, so running tests is out of the question. Basically, I am needing to know is what could be causing this and is there anything on the market to help. And, of ourse, could this lead to a serious problem.

Thank so much for your help, this is a real problem, I am laid off work right now, and honestly, don't know how I can work with these problems.

My e-mail address is: zooloo@zoomtown.com

My cell number is 513-382-4182

Sincerly,

Sue Lewis

JodyCarterBu

[6]Nov 29, 2010

Hi doctors

I am a single mom with a 12 year old son that has ADHD. Atleast once a week he refuses to take his meds, his behavior is so hard to handle I feel Im at the end of my rope. what can I do to help him teke his meds every day or help me deal with his behavior?

Jody Butcher

jodybtchr2@gmail.com

jojoshelly

[7]Dec 1, 2010
    Please tell people that if they are constipated don't ignore it. I went to the ER and they said I had colitis and gave me an antibiotic and something else and said go home and rest. Two days later I was vomiting up some black stuff. I went back to my doctor and he said they were doing everything right but it takes time. So I was really scared and went back to the ER. They did a more advanced cat scan and found that my intestines had ruptured. I was taken into surgery and they removed 9 inches of my large intestines. I also had a colostomy. They told me if had I gotten there 20 minutes later I would have been dead. I already had toxic shock and peritonitis. Always get a second opinion. If unsure go to the ER. Thanks Jo Ann Shellenbarger

Basouma13

[8]Dec 19, 2010

I was amazed by the way this tv program is showed on the tv.Iwould know if it is possible for people who have blood pressur to take vitamins from the neraest drug stors or it is better to avoid it and just cencentrat on doin sport's exercices

DarrinHeise

[9]Dec 21, 2010

i have a question for you guys my little brother shattered his pivot bone in his arm about 2 or 3 years and it'll over lap the other bone in his fore arm and when that happens his hand pops out of socket...and i was wondering if theirs anything else that can be done besides fuse his arm.

BobEberhard

[10]Feb 25, 2011

H I love your show on one epesode you showed to help for bad back I have fibromyalgia my e-mail is huggingbob@gmail.com

karencurtis55

[11]Apr 22, 2011

i have lost over 162 pounds in the last 2 years after i had bariatric surgery due to the fact i have been over weight most of my life. something on the order of 40 years over weight which is alot of years...so my skin has had alot of tme to stretch. but now that i have lost the weight...medicare and medicaid will only take the excess skin that is causing me problems..such as with fungus....but that is only a problem in my stomach area. and i cannot get the rest of the skin removed now..my breasts have deflated..the skin under my arms wave before i do...and the skin on my legs hang down around my knees now..and don't get me started on my hips and my behind...i actually am considering putting on the weight to fill out the skin again...so i do not have to see the ugly skin folds again. i am by no means skinny yet..but when they did my stomach..they took 10 1/2 pounds of skin and fat from just that area....so if the other areas had half of that..i would come in around 160 and i be would be comfortable with that....thank you for listening and maybe any suggestions you might have...

MaryDicerni

[12]Jun 6, 2011

I would like to know why doctors never speak of ruptures and separated abdominal muscles (diastasis rect) and other rips and tearing, like hiatus hernia, and why so many have what they call reflux, and why so many women have huge bellies by the time they are 65, and are never told it is probably because they were torn after their babies were born, and now it is worse, but no one does the repairs anymore, and it is called "old age" by then. They are also called obese, when it is only the tummy swollen, from the ruptures. After the muscles stop working, they probably collect the fat deposits there, as the other muscles are working, and fat does not collect around the muscles that are functional. These subjects should get as much attention as the exercise programs do. They are even more important, and many women have not ever heard about the subject. Teens should see videos on the tummy tuck and how it is used to repair mommy tummy.

It is a lack of respect for women that decides they do not warrant repairs after babies are born. It is laughingly called a mommy tummy, and considered cosmetic, when it is really plastic surgery that should be deemed necessary, if you expect to live a long life. It is now the wealthy , or without babies, that have a healthy abdominal , and core, and can live longer, and not like a crippled old woman, who waddles a bit, from the imbalance and pain. The women are also not warned when pregnant, that they should not exercise right after the baby is born, or the muscles will not go back together, so they are neither warned, nor repaired. They are told to exercise and lose weight no matter what. When will women get full human rights ? Would it be considered abuse , if it happened to a male ? They would have a tummy tuck after each baby. I would just like to see it discussed, and not just mentioned with a wave of the hand. We need more information about this area of the body. The abdomen is holding all the organs, and these organs are never really discussed. All we ever hear is about the various dumb ways men exercise. They then allow us to use the exercises as well. The sit up and the diet. is all we ever hear.. abs abs abs abs.... obesity obesity obesity.... There is a lot more to the story..Obesity is also being caused by the many weight gain pills being given even to children. I saw a teen gain 90 pounds on an anti-depressant. I was shocked. I soon realized I had gained 70 pounds on an anti-depressant.. I am 78 and it was given to me years ago, and I cannot lose it. How do we explain this to the kids of these mothers who are now obese-looking, yet not truly obese, but their lives are either ruined by the pills or by the abdominal ruptures. Lives are ruined, and stats are inaccurate.

MaryDicerni

[13]Jun 7, 2011

Jody, It helps a lot if he can take as much omega oil as you can give him. The flax seed oil pills , or other omega-3 pills may be good. He may take a few daily, and it can calm him. it works with the brain fats, which are mostly needing omega-3. and give him a treat like an avocado if he takes the pills. The avocado is also good fat.. bad fats will make him worse, and may even create cravings for chips etc, and make him feel worse again....hope he gets better. mary