The Dr. Oz Show

Weekdays on Premiered Sep 14, 2009 In Season

The Dr. Oz Show Fan Reviews (59)

7.2
  • Addiction

Your TV on Sat Oct 3,2015 about addiction was only the tip of the iceberg. I personally had to visit a rehab because I lost 3 members of my family and I was dehumanized, degraded and laughed at. They need to address the individual problem, like Bi-polar, depression. drugs. Not group everyone the same. We have different cancers, why not rehabs. Plus they are 11 to 15 thousand a month, so cost is terrible. I have a lot written down and I know others that think rehabs need to be better regulated. I am a doctor in Florida
  • Please, I need some info from that brilliant brain of yours!

Could you please give me an estimate of what parts of hydrochloric acid, vitamin C,E,A to combine for rejuvenating my skin? I'm 63 and really can't afford the expensive creams and serum. Honestly, I never thought about getting 'old'.
  • Thank You Dr. Oz

I just want to thank you. My roommate and I watch your show every day. Thanks to your advice on chest pains, my roommate convinced me to go to the hospital to get my heart checked out. Everything was normal in my labs so they did a stress test. The results were that I have a weak heart under stress. I am now following up with a cardiologist. You saved my life. Thank you, Angie Hubbard
  • want to get on the show because found a cure for morgellons

found a cure for morgellons that i suffer from and a guy want to cure me from it on your show call me at 218 688 7413 pretty amazing
  • With Spring comes allergies get this while they have it

While its impossible to get great products on shows like Dr Oz i like to share with everyone a great product for allergy season.

Hot Ice instantly heat up and provides relief for congestion and helps one affordable and its reusable and helps during the time medication is not working or taking to long to work

Hot ice is exclusive to

I use it all the time
  • OPRAH WINFREY

I remember Oprah when she was a news caster in Baltimore, always watched the channel she was luv her.
  • your ad being used for promotion

check out Indianapolis channel 13 (wthr) for a commercial that airs you before talking about health care place and at the end your 'logo' in the lower right corner... as if you are endorsing their facility but you have not said anything that really applies to the ad.
  • Hormones are needed for women for all of our organs to operate

Stellaptrent,

I am 70 years old and I am still taking my hormones. It is estratest. I refuse to get off of it because I know what happens when I am not on it. I will be bi$$hy. I will have the sweats,along with more issues. I also have not gotten gray hair and I know that's because I am taking Hormones. If you want to keep taking it then talk this over with your Dr,, and demand he prescribe it.

I agree I NEED MY HORMONES. These decisions not to leave women hormones at a certain is is done by men. What the heck do the they know, they should suffer like we did and then there would be a different decision. Keep after your Dr.
  • I been feeling lite headed

Is it cause of being stress or blood presure high?
  • No more Lower Back Pain!

How do I relay a cure for stopping my lower back pain and it works. Last five months No More Pain.

No joke this works.
  • Dr. Oz needs to know !!!

Dr oz is brilliant, but need to let him and all of you know one thing ; my menopause !!!! Dryness , mode swings , burning atrocity and hormones inserts - nothing worked and everything have had some terrible side effects.

1 year ago I started this Yummyiagra and now I am 54 and 8 months in a relationship that is better then it was when I was 18.

Friends I can't tell you enough how I fill and how good sex is and I lost weight too - my skin is looking better and I am not using the $150.00 creams at all, not to mansion the hormones inserts and lubricators cost that I do not need anymore. And I really have orgasms - it is beautiful - I wish that I had that Yummyiagra before we divorced - but my new man introduced it to me and he is 60 but like 20 - We love life again !

If you are in menopause do not delay - drop everything you are using and get back to life with this Yummyiagra - it works like a miracle .....
  • please help! i'm dying!

To whom it may concern:

Hi. My name is Jennifer Kramer and i'm 27 (or will be end of october if i live that long) and i'm anorexic and

bulimic.

I'm on disability for that and the fact that i have severe recurrent major depression and aniexty issues and PTSD.

I take a lot of medication and it seems to have no effect on me even though i have a BMI of 14.89 (i'm 5'3" and weigh 84lbs as of today). I've been trying to get better on my own as they say i have a substance abuse problem (and since i can't get into one of those programs because my eating disorder is too bad and the ED places (specifically New York Presbiterian<-which has the capability to treat both but since i'm very hesitant and scared to recover though i do want it they won't treat me on past behavior, which is fine i get it but they won't even hear me out as to what i'm willing to do to recover, but not really fully. And it's really not just about weight...) please get me some ED treatment there (NYPH) with drug and alcohol detox then hopefully i can go to Renfrew PA or FL

( Side Note: my parents won't pay for any more help again because i'm difficult to treat and they really believe i want to be this way! Also, if i want it bad enough i'll change. Therefore they are very shortly no longer be particpating in my life; they do not want to see me this way and if i don't recover and soon they say they will be gone until i'm better (so forever). I get that, self-preservation. However what they don't get that is i need them now more then ever, and since it won't be them...

At the moment i'm living with my fiancee, that's changing today. He has to go down to yonkers to fight for medicaid because he sawed off part of his hand (not all the way) and his ring finger and pinky are slowly dying because he didn't have insurance so they didn't do the necessary surgery to save his hand so now he can no longer work in his trade (lumberjack/arborist) and he won't be able to work for at least a year after the surgery so he's now stuck in the system... that's a different situation...

anyway, he's been trying to care for me but he's not trained in this and usually makes things worse when he's really trying to make things better. It's really sad. But now i'm alone and dying. At the moment since i was at Renfrew PA for a short period and did get a lot better (not purging as much, eating a bigger viraty of foods for health) and my labs are stable and medically i'm ok, but mentally, 2 weeks ago i attempted suicide simply on the fact that i have no friends, my family's leaving, i'm sick, i'm alone, i have no purpose...in short no life but my eating disorder and T.V.

So as of today i have no support at home, i have no program to go to and i know myself, i've gone from 90 down to 84 in the last 7 days. when i get going like this it get's bad and quickly. I really was trying to get better but the second i get to this weight (above 83) i freak out and seeing 90 was one of the worst moments of my life! I nearly had a heart attack. And you'd think get rid of the scale but the problem with that is then i think i'm heavier then i am and i get really really bad and that's how i got to 73. i thought i was barely maintaining 85, (i thought i was fat). So i kept losing and restricting and purging more and more until it got to the point where i couldn't even intentionally keep anything down. i was having 2-4 ensures and 2-4 plain yogurts a day and had to take them slowly. That lasted 6-8 months during which time i was hospitalized almost every other week because of electrolyte issues. It only stopped once i got to Renfrew and even then...

Anyway, i'm willing to come on TV and tell my story and answer any questions honestly and all i want is to please please please get me help and allow me to expose the truth. (i want to get better, i want to live but it's very very hard for me to stay committed. i also need to be able to smoke so NYS is really messing me up b/c it causes me to escape to smoke then come back which gets me kicked out. The whole no smoking thing is really messing up people's recovery!)

PLEASE HELP! PLEASE HELP! PLEASE HELP! PLEASE HELP! PLEASE HELP! PLEASE HELP! PLEASE AT LEAST TELL MY STORY! PLEASE HELP! PLEASE HELP!
  • please help me

hi Dr oz my name is destiny i am 14 years old i have been over weight since i was 4 i am sick of looking this way and getting messed with for how i look i recently had a surgery for being bullied at school i have done every thing i can to get skinny but its not good enough i really need someones help please help me
  • DR OZ...PLEASE HELP ME

DEAR Dr. OZ,

BY THE TIME THIS LETTER REACHES YOU I TRULY HOPE IT FINDS YOU WELL AND IN THE VERY BEST OF HEALTH AS FOR MYSELFI'M SURE YOU'LL AGREE WITH ME WHEN I SAY "A DAY ABOVE THE GROUND IS A GOOD DAY"

I AM A 60 YEAR YOUNG BLACK MALE WHO'S HAD ONE HELL OF A LIFEAND CURRUNTLY I FEEL YOU ARE MY LAST RESULT. AS TO DATE

I'VE HAD 17 OPERATIONS BETWEEN BOTH LEGS.

PLEASE IF YOU WILL FIND AN EXTRACTION FROM MY DAILY DAIRY

EDWIN R. MITCHELL

MYMITCH101@YAHOO.COM

THURSDAY JANUARY 19th 2012

GOOD MORNING...BEEN UP SINCE 4:30 - 5

MADE SOME COFFEE...PLAYED SOME TRI PEAKS (POGO)....

I'M KINDA PLEASED AT MYSELF FOR REALLY KEEPING UP THIS DIARY... I'VE STARTED SO MANY AND EITHER STOPPED OR MY COMPUTER CRASHED WHEREAS I HAD TO FORMAT OR MY FLOPPY DISK GOT COURPTED...ANYWAY...THIS IS THE VERY 1st TIME I DID THIS MANY DAYS IN A ROW OUTSIDE OF BEING IN THE HOSPITAL THIS MONTH ALREADY....LOL

AND WHAT'S SO FUNNY IS THAT IT WAS MY NEW YEARS RESOLUTION THAT I WAS GOING TO STAY THE HELL OUT OF HOSPITALS AND WAS IN ON THE 16th OF THE 1st DAMN MONTH...LOL

I AM TRULY CONCERNED ABOUT MY RIGHT LEG...WHILE IN THE HOSPITAL THE Dr TOLD ME SHE HAD READ THE ORTHO's NOTES AND SHE TOLD ME THAT THEY HAVE NO MORE CONCERNS ABOUT OPERATING ON ME UNLESS IT WILL BE CUTTING OFF MY LEG... HEARING THAT WAS A TOUGH PILL TO HAVE TO SWALLOW...NOT ONLY THAT... THEY ARE REFUSING TO GIVE ME A MOBILE CHAIR...SO FAR AS TO DATEI'VE HAD 17 OPERATIONS

I'M GOING TO WRITE Dr OZ AND SEE IF HE CAN HELP ME IN ANY WAY HE CAN... I TRULY CAN'T CONTINUE TO WALK LIKE A "MONKEY" ON A WALKER AND THEN WHEN I GO OUT I HAVE TO BE IN MY WHEEL CHAIR AND THEY KNOW I HAVE A BAD LEFT SHOULDER... I GUESS Dr OZ WILL OR IS GOING TO BE MY LAST RESORT...I FEEL IF HE CAN'T HELP ME NO ONE CAN........

ITS TRULY BEGINING TO WORRY ME IF AND SHOULD MY LEFT LEG STARTS TO GIVE OUT ON ME... IN THE RECENT PAST I'VE BEEN HAVING ISSUES WITH IT... IF THAT HAPPENS...GOD!!! WHAT WILL I DO AND HOW WILL I MAKE IT THRU...

• Need Help for John

John needs help immediately for Severe Periodontal Gum Disease with rotting teeth. He says his gums are black. He is in terrible pain and can't eat except soft foods. He is afraid of cancer or die and he went to two periodonists and wouldn't treat him because of cost or even installment plan. He lives in Las Vegas. I didn't know where to post this request. Any suggestions where he can get help.
  • No Dr. Oz on ABC?

This Fall Dr. Oz's time slot it replaced by Dr. Phil. I'm thrilled! Dr. Phil is a lot more interesting and without all the hookey demonstrations and theatrics. Good job ABC. Now take off The Chew and I will be happy.
  • Nice Show

Great picturization
  • dr oz is the wizard !

Watch this show! so interesting and informative wonderful tips to help you know your body . Dr oz is brilliant , funny charming i could watch it all day , have even lost weight by taking out just 2 things outof my diet and i dont miss anything they keep changing his time slot on tv which is very annoying !
  • this!

Stop the silly games! Please!! The props are ridiculous ! . All taking up time we could be learning more valuable info

On health matter!! I only watch the show after I record it now so I can fast forward on these parts and get to the important info!!! I know others do it too that I have talked am not alone I not a game a medical info
  • A list of questions you ask a few days ago, I have been doing it all wrong for over 85 years

You had a bunch of questions a few days ago that I caught while my wife was watching your show.

I am 85 years old a combat wounded veteran of both WW2 and Korea wounded 4 times but all is well but I answered all your questions WRONG but am in excelent health, can still do 20 push ups and about 20 to 25 chin ups walk at least 1 1/2 miles a day, still have my own teeth and take very little meds then only for diabetes which I test every day but only take a pill once in a while then only if I am above 130.

Had what the VA called a complete wellness check in March, was at the hospital 3 days even did a pulmunary function stress test where they tried to get my pulse to 150 and hold it for 5 min. but in 10 min at their settings it would only go to 134 so they held it there for about 7 min.

Results were that my body according to their system is about what a 40 to 45 year old should be so guess that even by doing it all wrong everything is OK.

As I have lived in ranching country all my life except the 11 years in the Navy my diet is a lot different than you suggest.

Example this morning I had Rye pancakes with sorghum and a pork chop and a pot of coffee, I usually have a small stake and eggs or something like that. If we have cereal it is always with the cream off of the top of fresh milk, we NEVER buy milk at a store as I can't stand processed milk, ours always has about 3 to 4 inches of cream on top.

As we have always lived in ranching and farming areas we almost always have what ever is in season and as we live over 65 miles from the nearest place where we can buy a cup of coffee, a loaf of bread or a gallon of gas we don't go to town more than about once a month or so and the neaest town only has one MM POP store so they don't stock much.

We make our own bread, churn our own butter, and butcher most of what we eat or as I said have what ever is in season or what has been canned when it was in season.

When I got out of the Navy on May 13 1955 I was 5 8 and weighed 167, in the 67 years since then my weight has NEVER varied more than 6 pounds. This morning I weighed 163 which is about what I always weigh and have about NO fat at all.

I kind of wonder how much better I would be if I followed all your rules?? And also I have a hard time believing that the people that follow all your rules and DO LOOSE weight will keep it off because its a hell of a lot easier to keep it off in the first place than to loose it then try to keep it off.

Now you have a GREAT DAY, themtnman
  • Informative and ideal for health freaks

Dr. Oz is the best! He's answered questions I've already known, I like how he's very hardworking and treats his viewers in the studio like his patients on film. The first time I took a glimpse at it, there were games in involved... health games... my kind of tv. I try not to miss an episode... there's so many things to learn from one intelligent man. Easy on the eye as far as studio lighting and easy to understand tips!
  • FREE VITAMINS

I TRYING TO GET THE 3 FREE VITAMINS FROM YESTERDAYS SHOW, I HAD A HARD TIME GETTING ON TO YOUR WEBSITE. Hate that, tries to send me to other drs. How do I get my free vitamins?
  • Morning Sickness!

When I was pregnant with my first baby, I lost 25 lbs. throwing up. I only gained back 11 lbs. before my delivery. A picture of me and the baby coming home shows me with legs like popcycle sticks. I threw up for close to 8 full months, morning, noon and night. I even woke up during the night covered in vomit.

I heaved when I saw fast food signs, I couldn't buy meat in the grocery store for years, I didn't buy anything with bones. My husband at the time was a professional chef and he had to do the cooking as I hid in the bedroom with a towel under the door. I seldom could eat anything but, an ice cream sandwich.

The doctor gave me a pill that didn't work.
  • Ozzed Out!

What's with the people who's on the stage with Dr. Oz lately? They seem so greedy - just taking supplements or whatever they are talking about without Dr Oz offering it to them. Makes it terrible to watch.
  • Dr. Oz fall tv time slot???

i live in norman, oklahoma and want to know with the change-ups at ABC what time and what channel will Dr. Oz be on? thanks!
  • Lasik, is it good or bad?

I saw Oct. 3rd 2013 show about "Undercover Lasik surgery Investigation". It interested me because I just finished school at Triton college in River Grove, IL. I have an Associates in Applied Science degree which means I finished the Ophthalmic Technician Program. I have to take the certification test and practical within a year after graduation. I just finished the Ophthalmic Technician program in August 2013, but I'm considered a December graduate. I knew there were side effects to any eye surgery for example, Lasik, cataracts, retinal detachment, punctual plugs, and eye prosthesis. During clinical experience, the patients have to sign any consent form if the Dr. is going to be doing any surgery on their eye. This episode made me more aware of Lasik surgery because I didn't know the person Morris Waxler helped approve Lasik through the FDA, but now is admitting that there are complications. As more technology advances there will be a change. Thanks.

Stephanie G. (Justice, IL)
  • "widowmaker"

I am a 64 year old male and suffered the true "widowmaker"..A 90% +blockage of the aorta behind the heart! They do call Rosie O Donnel's condition that also, but it ,[ unlike the aorta behind the heart] , is repaired by a stint. The true "widowmaker" is very undetectable ,usually only with a heart cath which I had and woke up by drs. standing over and saying,"sir we are going into open heart surgery! 5 bypasses were performed. My life was saved not without complications. Three days after surgery I suffered a very painfull collasped lung. Released after 8 days , was home two and suffered a life threatening pulmonary embolisism. Rushed by ambulance back, survivived, spent another 7 days in hosp on many blood thinners. What a show this would make for dr. oz to detail what can happen and let people know it is survivable..
  • Help Pastors

Dr. Oz,

I saw your episode about dealing with anxiety. However, when a parishioner calls and wants to talk, I'm guessing 85% of the time it's VERY STRESSFUL!!! Not only for my husband but for the WHOLE family!

HELP US!!!!

Deborah Wilton
  • DR. KEN

I think it was showing disrespect to Dr. KEN as a doctor to have him to give medical terms .
  • The Total 10 Diet

I need to add info that isn't on the diet that I have found to be a downfall of this diet. DRINK WATER AND LOTS OF IT. Yes I have lost 9 pounds in 10 days. Amazing. I feel good. I am a waterholic but since I started this diet, I haven't been drinking the amounts I've been use to drinking. I had to have blood work done today and the nurse had a hard time drawing blood. This has never happened to me. Then it hit had not been drinking my water as I normally did before this diet. Also, even though there are major amounts of veggies to eat on this diet, I started having very hard stools. I had to start taking stool softeners. Most likely due to the water I WAS NOT drinking. I am 61 yrs old and have learned a lesson. DRINK DRINK DRINK WATER. Don't rely on just the veggie broth through out the day. I HOPE DR OZ SEE'S THIS COMMENT. If not him, one of his staff.
< 1 2