The Dr. Oz Show

Monday 12:00 AM on Premiered Sep 14, 2009 In Season

thefanof

The Dr. Oz Show Fan Reviews (30)

6.8
  • Dr Oz show

I try to tune in to Dr Oz to learn something, but after a few minutes, I can't stand it and have to change the channel. Am I the only one who is turned off my his moronic props and demonstrations?. Does he think we don't get what he is talking about unless he has screaming people play game show quizzes?. The show where he and an uncomfortable female audience member crawled thru the large 'colon' took the cake.
  • Terrible Season 5!!! What happened to you Dr Oz?!

What happened to my favorite show, what have they done to you Dr Oz, who made you change this way? This new season is a disaster, as a loyal fan of 4 years I feel betrayed, did you change writers? They are making you look eccentric, goofy and shallow with all those celebs and dumb games, not to mention the extremely annoying kiddish music. Does Oprah approve of your new format? Is her team producing this season???? I've never seen such an extreme turn, I hope she will intervene, what happened to the Doctor who set up free clinics to care for the uninsured? How could they do this, I'm speechless.
  • Fall season "STINK O"

i have always loved the Dr Oz Show. But the new fall shows are really BAD. Cancel those celebrities.

Go back to the real Dr Oz shows. These are not the shows I used to watch! Do you have a new staff?

What is the problem? People liked the old shows, just the way they ...

Every time I find a show I like, somebody comes along and thinks they need to make it better. Tell the advertisers 'they are going to lose a bunch of viewers'. One week of this new format and you lost me.

I've never written a review before. So while I'm at it. 'Go easy on those dumb games'

I guess I can live with the I can't live with all that celebrities fluff.

Maybe I'm too old to vote? Maybe young people love it when Dr Oz is really a combination of the 'Rachael Ray' and the 'Price is What do I know????? But I hate the new OZ shows. Sorry,The old LADY
  • Where is the real DR Oz?

What happened to the real DR OZ? This new format had degraded you and the respect that you have built up over the years. If I wanted to see celebrities I would watch talk show not your show. I watch you show to learn something. You don't see or hear the other doctors on the TV quoted like they quote you. The other doctor show changed their format because they where not doing as well as you so why did you change yours? You wear casual cloths, not that you need to wear a suit, but that to me brings down the value of what you have to say. Please stop this and get rid of these stupid celebrities and games. Give up good advise as right now I can't believe anything that I see or hear as it has no accreditation with the way it is presented.

Dee
  • Boring show!

The concept of this sjhow is good and dr oz seems like a really nice man but this show is horrible! I stopped watching because half of the time questions asked were never answered! The stupid concept of screaming audience members participating is annoying and adds nothing! The silly games are annoying also! Showing fried up human organs and asking what they feel like is ridiculous! They would always feel rubbery like dried organs! What is the point of showing dried organs that always look similar to each other!, grey and rubbery! It is a childish show that is a mix of a game show and an educational show but misses the mark by being too childish! Maybe it is aimed at simple people who can not grasp serious education!
  • Juice

My mom will no longer be my any type of juice- even 100% juice, because she said according to Dr. Oz, it has too many sugars and it'll harm my teeth. Thanks Dr. Oz.
  • Dr. Oz and Elisabeth from The View drink alcohol on Dr. Oz show

Dr.Oz presented a terrible role model image for youthful viewers by drinking beer with Elisabeth and a guest on the Jan.18th show about the evils of gluten. Alcohol drinking causes thousands of fatal car accidents is and millions of alcohol related deaths annually. Dr. Oz should be ashamed of his casual approach to drinking beer like just another food we should eat. Dr. Oz is a role model for healthful living and i was disappointed by his behavior and Elisabeth even reached back for another hit off the bottle. Please realize young people watch this show and it also condones drinking beer for people with a drinking problem.
  • Very Dissapointed

1.5
    Went to the Consumer Lab website. NO, I MEAN NO help at all.

Yvette Wollenberg
  • no clever title fits the review

I am obese and diabetic. I tried Gar/Cam based on your recommendation. The only way I lost weight was through constant bowel movements.. Good thing I'm on disability or I would have lost my job.

People trust you, I trust you. And it cost me the price of this bowel cleanse.
  • watching episodes

3.5
    Why can't I watch any episodes? That's the reason I got on this site. Should I be looking else where??
  • The Green Coffee Bean Extract Offer. Not Happy with what happened to me!!!!

I got the free sample from the Dr. Oz Show. The first one never came so I called and they sent me another one, weill that was 2 weeks after the first one should have been shipped, then I get my credit card bill and find I was billed $78.74, so I called the customer service number of 877-635-0845 to see why I was charged they said the free 2 week trail was over, told them I did not get the first one shipped and it took another 2 weeks to get. I wanted to cancell and get the $78.74 refunded, they would not do it,I do not think this was fair. Can you help me please?Thanks, Rose

• prove you're the best!!!

I have been suffering with excema my whole life without a moment of relief from any meds, vitamins or lotions. My motto has been 'try anything once'. I have been seen by so many doctors without any luck of cure. It's all over my body. I have been told I have one of the worst cases. It rules my life when I really just want to be normal. I don't want to be afraid of the water, sun, heat, cold, ect. I have had specialists say they couldn't help me. I was put on a diet even, that my doc said would help... I pretty much had to stop eating and still same result... nothing. I have heard that you can fix anything... can you help me when all others cannot! !??
  • banana cooked with peel

A recent show you had the advantage of a cooked banana with its peel
  • The Land Downunder.

There are many people who love to drink milk, some even replace water for milk as it taste better. so if some drinks more than 2 litres of milk a day is that a bad think.
  • overwelmed

I love your show but' you have so many things about, losing weight I don't know which way to turn I,m going away to the beach in a few months. Something I've never seen in my 63 yrs .Please help me get together. I want to at least look a little better than my 183 lbs. I'm 5' 4" Please help!!!!!!!!
  • April 3, 2013 show

I caught alitte of what you were talking that day and unfortunately YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!! primary doctors are not really doing a good they are medicating patients who dont need those 48 now and i've been seeing doctors since i was 12 that i can remember they labeled me as depressed, anxious, with mental issues. 32yrs after after being hospitalize over and over for depression one day i went once againt to the hospital emergency room for the millionth to be told that i was having panic attacks well they kept me over night nothing new to me. One cardiologist decided he was gong to keep me over night and do 24hours blood day everything was good, but the cardiologist didnt want to give up so easy he asked me if i was ok with doing an angiogram i decided to do it just because i was so tired of not knowing what i i was really crazy well then i would find out and take care of it, but if there was something wrong i wanted to know. Results of angiogram i had an anamolie, i've had since i was born an artery that was on the wrong side of my heart its hard to explain , but i went 32yrs being diagnosed as a crazy person who needed prescriptions for my mental state , because there was nothing wrong with at 48 i am a full blown addict to lorasepam, paxil and there are more medications that i cant live without because it took them 32yrs to diagnose me correctly. after my diagnosed of anomaly i had two open heart surgeries i have 3 grandsons and two daughters that went trough hell and back living the life i lead being estimagmatize as a crazy woman and my husband not to mention. there is something that needs to be done about all this medications that are just handed out like candy not informing us that they can be our life long cross. Thank you Dr. Oz.
  • a new pill

most legit pain needs a pain pill , you would be surprised what pain can destroy.... most pain pill junkies are that way before they needed pain control. us that use this pain control respect and do not abuse. DRS.. control the amount given and how long. an addictive personality will always abuse any mind altering substance to escape the real reason for their dependence. I am not defending nor saying you are wrong, but give some of us some integrity ,please. oh by the way your site surprised me to have an ad condoning BLU electronic O
  • ginseng causes heart palpitation

dr oz,

after watching your show on ginseng being recommended for brain clarity, I bought some. That evening after taking it that morning, I could feel my heart racing. It felt like I could be having a heart attack! The next night, I read that ginseng can cause heart palpitations. The side effects of these herbs should be told when you recommend these herbs, dr!
  • "widowmaker"

I am a 64 year old male and suffered the true "widowmaker"..A 90% +blockage of the aorta behind the heart! They do call Rosie O Donnel's condition that also, but it ,[ unlike the aorta behind the heart] , is repaired by a stint. The true "widowmaker" is very undetectable ,usually only with a heart cath which I had and woke up by drs. standing over and saying,"sir we are going into open heart surgery! 5 bypasses were performed. My life was saved not without complications. Three days after surgery I suffered a very painfull collasped lung. Released after 8 days , was home two and suffered a life threatening pulmonary embolisism. Rushed by ambulance back, survivived, spent another 7 days in hosp on many blood thinners. What a show this would make for dr. oz to detail what can happen and let people know it is survivable..
  • Lasik, is it good or bad?

I saw Oct. 3rd 2013 show about "Undercover Lasik surgery Investigation". It interested me because I just finished school at Triton college in River Grove, IL. I have an Associates in Applied Science degree which means I finished the Ophthalmic Technician Program. I have to take the certification test and practical within a year after graduation. I just finished the Ophthalmic Technician program in August 2013, but I'm considered a December graduate. I knew there were side effects to any eye surgery for example, Lasik, cataracts, retinal detachment, punctual plugs, and eye prosthesis. During clinical experience, the patients have to sign any consent form if the Dr. is going to be doing any surgery on their eye. This episode made me more aware of Lasik surgery because I didn't know the person Morris Waxler helped approve Lasik through the FDA, but now is admitting that there are complications. As more technology advances there will be a change. Thanks.

Stephanie G. (Justice, IL)
  • A list of questions you ask a few days ago, I have been doing it all wrong for over 85 years

You had a bunch of questions a few days ago that I caught while my wife was watching your show.

I am 85 years old a combat wounded veteran of both WW2 and Korea wounded 4 times but all is well but I answered all your questions WRONG but am in excelent health, can still do 20 push ups and about 20 to 25 chin ups walk at least 1 1/2 miles a day, still have my own teeth and take very little meds then only for diabetes which I test every day but only take a pill once in a while then only if I am above 130.

Had what the VA called a complete wellness check in March, was at the hospital 3 days even did a pulmunary function stress test where they tried to get my pulse to 150 and hold it for 5 min. but in 10 min at their settings it would only go to 134 so they held it there for about 7 min.

Results were that my body according to their system is about what a 40 to 45 year old should be so guess that even by doing it all wrong everything is OK.

As I have lived in ranching country all my life except the 11 years in the Navy my diet is a lot different than you suggest.

Example this morning I had Rye pancakes with sorghum and a pork chop and a pot of coffee, I usually have a small stake and eggs or something like that. If we have cereal it is always with the cream off of the top of fresh milk, we NEVER buy milk at a store as I can't stand processed milk, ours always has about 3 to 4 inches of cream on top.

As we have always lived in ranching and farming areas we almost always have what ever is in season and as we live over 65 miles from the nearest place where we can buy a cup of coffee, a loaf of bread or a gallon of gas we don't go to town more than about once a month or so and the neaest town only has one MM POP store so they don't stock much.

We make our own bread, churn our own butter, and butcher most of what we eat or as I said have what ever is in season or what has been canned when it was in season.

When I got out of the Navy on May 13 1955 I was 5 8 and weighed 167, in the 67 years since then my weight has NEVER varied more than 6 pounds. This morning I weighed 163 which is about what I always weigh and have about NO fat at all.

I kind of wonder how much better I would be if I followed all your rules?? And also I have a hard time believing that the people that follow all your rules and DO LOOSE weight will keep it off because its a hell of a lot easier to keep it off in the first place than to loose it then try to keep it off.

Now you have a GREAT DAY, themtnman
  • Informative and ideal for health freaks

Dr. Oz is the best! He's answered questions I've already known, I like how he's very hardworking and treats his viewers in the studio like his patients on film. The first time I took a glimpse at it, there were games in involved... health games... my kind of tv. I try not to miss an episode... there's so many things to learn from one intelligent man. Easy on the eye as far as studio lighting and easy to understand tips!
  • Nice Show

Great picturization
  • dr oz is the wizard !

Watch this show! so interesting and informative wonderful tips to help you know your body . Dr oz is brilliant , funny charming i could watch it all day , have even lost weight by taking out just 2 things outof my diet and i dont miss anything they keep changing his time slot on tv which is very annoying !
  • I been feeling lite headed

Is it cause of being stress or blood presure high?
  • No more Lower Back Pain!

How do I relay a cure for stopping my lower back pain and it works. Last five months No More Pain.

No joke this works.
  • Dr. Oz needs to know !!!

Dr oz is brilliant, but need to let him and all of you know one thing ; my menopause !!!! Dryness , mode swings , burning atrocity and hormones inserts - nothing worked and everything have had some terrible side effects.

1 year ago I started this Yummyiagra and now I am 54 and 8 months in a relationship that is better then it was when I was 18.

Friends I can't tell you enough how I fill and how good sex is and I lost weight too - my skin is looking better and I am not using the $150.00 creams at all, not to mansion the hormones inserts and lubricators cost that I do not need anymore. And I really have orgasms - it is beautiful - I wish that I had that Yummyiagra before we divorced - but my new man introduced it to me and he is 60 but like 20 - We love life again !

If you are in menopause do not delay - drop everything you are using and get back to life with this Yummyiagra - it works like a miracle .....
  • please help! i'm dying!

To whom it may concern:

Hi. My name is Jennifer Kramer and i'm 27 (or will be end of october if i live that long) and i'm anorexic and

bulimic.

I'm on disability for that and the fact that i have severe recurrent major depression and aniexty issues and PTSD.

I take a lot of medication and it seems to have no effect on me even though i have a BMI of 14.89 (i'm 5'3" and weigh 84lbs as of today). I've been trying to get better on my own as they say i have a substance abuse problem (and since i can't get into one of those programs because my eating disorder is too bad and the ED places (specifically New York Presbiterian<-which has the capability to treat both but since i'm very hesitant and scared to recover though i do want it they won't treat me on past behavior, which is fine i get it but they won't even hear me out as to what i'm willing to do to recover, but not really fully. And it's really not just about weight...) please get me some ED treatment there (NYPH) with drug and alcohol detox then hopefully i can go to Renfrew PA or FL

( Side Note: my parents won't pay for any more help again because i'm difficult to treat and they really believe i want to be this way! Also, if i want it bad enough i'll change. Therefore they are very shortly no longer be particpating in my life; they do not want to see me this way and if i don't recover and soon they say they will be gone until i'm better (so forever). I get that, self-preservation. However what they don't get that is i need them now more then ever, and since it won't be them...

At the moment i'm living with my fiancee, that's changing today. He has to go down to yonkers to fight for medicaid because he sawed off part of his hand (not all the way) and his ring finger and pinky are slowly dying because he didn't have insurance so they didn't do the necessary surgery to save his hand so now he can no longer work in his trade (lumberjack/arborist) and he won't be able to work for at least a year after the surgery so he's now stuck in the system... that's a different situation...

anyway, he's been trying to care for me but he's not trained in this and usually makes things worse when he's really trying to make things better. It's really sad. But now i'm alone and dying. At the moment since i was at Renfrew PA for a short period and did get a lot better (not purging as much, eating a bigger viraty of foods for health) and my labs are stable and medically i'm ok, but mentally, 2 weeks ago i attempted suicide simply on the fact that i have no friends, my family's leaving, i'm sick, i'm alone, i have no purpose...in short no life but my eating disorder and T.V.

So as of today i have no support at home, i have no program to go to and i know myself, i've gone from 90 down to 84 in the last 7 days. when i get going like this it get's bad and quickly. I really was trying to get better but the second i get to this weight (above 83) i freak out and seeing 90 was one of the worst moments of my life! I nearly had a heart attack. And you'd think get rid of the scale but the problem with that is then i think i'm heavier then i am and i get really really bad and that's how i got to 73. i thought i was barely maintaining 85, (i thought i was fat). So i kept losing and restricting and purging more and more until it got to the point where i couldn't even intentionally keep anything down. i was having 2-4 ensures and 2-4 plain yogurts a day and had to take them slowly. That lasted 6-8 months during which time i was hospitalized almost every other week because of electrolyte issues. It only stopped once i got to Renfrew and even then...

Anyway, i'm willing to come on TV and tell my story and answer any questions honestly and all i want is to please please please get me help and allow me to expose the truth. (i want to get better, i want to live but it's very very hard for me to stay committed. i also need to be able to smoke so NYS is really messing me up b/c it causes me to escape to smoke then come back which gets me kicked out. The whole no smoking thing is really messing up people's recovery!)

PLEASE HELP! PLEASE HELP! PLEASE HELP! PLEASE HELP! PLEASE HELP! PLEASE HELP! PLEASE AT LEAST TELL MY STORY! PLEASE HELP! PLEASE HELP!
  • please help me

hi Dr oz my name is destiny i am 14 years old i have been over weight since i was 4 i am sick of looking this way and getting messed with for how i look i recently had a surgery for being bullied at school i have done every thing i can to get skinny but its not good enough i really need someones help please help me
  • DR OZ...PLEASE HELP ME

DEAR Dr. OZ,

BY THE TIME THIS LETTER REACHES YOU I TRULY HOPE IT FINDS YOU WELL AND IN THE VERY BEST OF HEALTH AS FOR MYSELFI'M SURE YOU'LL AGREE WITH ME WHEN I SAY "A DAY ABOVE THE GROUND IS A GOOD DAY"

I AM A 60 YEAR YOUNG BLACK MALE WHO'S HAD ONE HELL OF A LIFEAND CURRUNTLY I FEEL YOU ARE MY LAST RESULT. AS TO DATE

I'VE HAD 17 OPERATIONS BETWEEN BOTH LEGS.

PLEASE IF YOU WILL FIND AN EXTRACTION FROM MY DAILY DAIRY

EDWIN R. MITCHELL

MYMITCH101@YAHOO.COM

THURSDAY JANUARY 19th 2012

GOOD MORNING...BEEN UP SINCE 4:30 - 5

MADE SOME COFFEE...PLAYED SOME TRI PEAKS (POGO)....

I'M KINDA PLEASED AT MYSELF FOR REALLY KEEPING UP THIS DIARY... I'VE STARTED SO MANY AND EITHER STOPPED OR MY COMPUTER CRASHED WHEREAS I HAD TO FORMAT OR MY FLOPPY DISK GOT COURPTED...ANYWAY...THIS IS THE VERY 1st TIME I DID THIS MANY DAYS IN A ROW OUTSIDE OF BEING IN THE HOSPITAL THIS MONTH ALREADY....LOL

AND WHAT'S SO FUNNY IS THAT IT WAS MY NEW YEARS RESOLUTION THAT I WAS GOING TO STAY THE HELL OUT OF HOSPITALS AND WAS IN ON THE 16th OF THE 1st DAMN MONTH...LOL

I AM TRULY CONCERNED ABOUT MY RIGHT LEG...WHILE IN THE HOSPITAL THE Dr TOLD ME SHE HAD READ THE ORTHO's NOTES AND SHE TOLD ME THAT THEY HAVE NO MORE CONCERNS ABOUT OPERATING ON ME UNLESS IT WILL BE CUTTING OFF MY LEG... HEARING THAT WAS A TOUGH PILL TO HAVE TO SWALLOW...NOT ONLY THAT... THEY ARE REFUSING TO GIVE ME A MOBILE CHAIR...SO FAR AS TO DATEI'VE HAD 17 OPERATIONS

I'M GOING TO WRITE Dr OZ AND SEE IF HE CAN HELP ME IN ANY WAY HE CAN... I TRULY CAN'T CONTINUE TO WALK LIKE A "MONKEY" ON A WALKER AND THEN WHEN I GO OUT I HAVE TO BE IN MY WHEEL CHAIR AND THEY KNOW I HAVE A BAD LEFT SHOULDER... I GUESS Dr OZ WILL OR IS GOING TO BE MY LAST RESORT...I FEEL IF HE CAN'T HELP ME NO ONE CAN........

ITS TRULY BEGINING TO WORRY ME IF AND SHOULD MY LEFT LEG STARTS TO GIVE OUT ON ME... IN THE RECENT PAST I'VE BEEN HAVING ISSUES WITH IT... IF THAT HAPPENS...GOD!!! WHAT WILL I DO AND HOW WILL I MAKE IT THRU...