The Dreamstone

ITV (ended 1995)

The Dreamstone Fan Reviews (6)

7.7
  • Dreamstone is back!!!

Hi Guys, we just want to let you know the good news! We've got 52 remastered episodes coming your way soon! Stay tuned to the Facebook page for more info as it comes in. /dreamstonefanpage

• Calling all fans

All people who are fans of the show please contact netflix via the tech chat and request that they hoast this show as they have advised me that if they receive more requests for this series it will raise in their priority list of things to get the rights to and add to their site. Many thanks

Michael
  • The evil Lord of Nightmares, Zordrak, seeks to possess the most precious and powerful object in the land - the Dreamstone - so that nightmares might rule.

Oh my, what can I say about this show, probably the best thing British kids' TV has ever produced. A completely original and unique premise, fully-rounded characters, smart, funny scripts, wonderful animation, a full orchestral score, and a genuinely scary villain. There was a dark edge to this show that meant I could relate to it even though I was in my late teens when it originally aired. In my opinion it has rarely been equalled and never surpassed. I am currently beginning a campaign to bring it back in some form - if you love it too, join its creator Mike Jupp's Dreamstone forum at http://www.webnet2000.cc/mikejupp/modules/newbb/viewforum.php?forum=4 and join me in engaging in debate with other fans of the show.
  • This is the best British cartoon ever I just wish it was repeated on TV there is never anything worth watching on TV anymore. This an absolute classic compared to all the rubbish they show on kids TV these days.

This has got to be one of the best cartoons ever.
    There aren't many good British cartoon available but this is one that shouldn't be missed by anyone. Its a shame alot of people never saw or heard of this cartoon and it has never been repeated on TV since. I heard it wasn't even shown in America and I wonder why.
    At least a few episodes are on DVD or more episodes are on www.youtube.com
    So fans of the cartoon will likly get the chance to see it again and people who never got to see it should watch it as soon as possible.
  • An exciting original show,nicely animated with memorable characters.

6.1
    I was listening to my Dreamstone record today and it bought back memories of a cartoon I'd forgotten for years. I vaguely remember it and the characters. I remember the storyline was very good and the beautiful music by Mike Batt (I'm also a big fan of Watership Down!). My favourite character from the show was Nug the Urpney. I dunno why, I think it was because he had purple hair.
    I remember Zordrack as this big dragon creature who sat in a chair most of the time and ordered the Urpneys around. I hadn't realised they had done so many episodes of the show, it had to span three or four series so it must have been popular.
    When the show finished, I was sad. I was always drawing scenes from it and I had a collection of Dreamstone comics as well. They did a kind of spinoff series called Bimble's Bucket (or something like that). The main character looked a lot like a Noop so I presume it was a spinoff even though the Dreamstone was never mentioned in it.
    The Dreamstone is a show I miss, and another they should try to bring out on DVD!
  • The evil Lord Zordrak wants to steal the Dreamstone so dreams will be lost to the world & nightmares will reign forever. Rufus and his friends must stop him...

I am a Dreamer & Writer. And when I was a child this programme showed me the world I lived in was full of endless possibilities. I am finding those possibilities every day a& hope to one day bring them to other people who are looking for something in the world that they can\'t seem to find: An escape from their reality, a dream that can give them hope & a happiness that may elude them when they need it most. This programme is the programme that shaped me because it found me when I was at the age when I needed it most.