The Dresden Files

Bad Blood

Aired Sunday 10:00 PM Feb 25, 2007 on Syfy

• A great ep with a gripping plot and some really nice character development.. and some intruiging insight into Harry's past.

This was a great episode that really started to build on the mythology of TV-verse Harry and his background. Bianca was a perfect character to introduce the audience to Harry's history. The flashbacks felt organic and worked well within the framework of the episode. The character development in this episode was wonderful.. Bianca brought out a side of Harry we hadn't really seen before and was in herself an engaging and interesting character - one I would enjoy seeing again and learning more about. The character interaction was great, particularly between Harry and Bianca and of course Harry and Bob - and the entertaining triangle of Harry, Bianca *and* Bob. We also got to find out more about the role of the council and saw hints of them being quite the repressive, unforgiving authority. The plot was intricate and well-developed and the action quota was great with some excellent set pieces including Harry's abduction by Clive's team and the subsequent attack on Clive's hideout, Bianca' interrogation of Arvin and the final showdown in the abandoned hideout. I particularly enjoyed seeing Harry really perform some magic - particularly his spell in the hideout - and using his hockey-stick once again. The humour was good in this episode (with Bob once again stealing most of the best lines!) and it also didn't flinch away from showing us the danger and reality of a world in which vampires can wipe out a team of armed mercenaries. Oh and we got Harry-whumpage both present and past which is always a plus in my book!

Overall, this is probably my favourite episode of the series so far and definitely the one I have rewatched the most.