The Dresden Files

Hair of the Dog

Aired Sunday 10:00 PM Feb 11, 2007 on Syfy

• Cross my palm with silver ...

See, I don't know if I was distracted during this ep or what. The werewolves were scary and the hunter/prey twist was reasonably cool. Also, the acting leading up to and during the fight sequence was immensely satisfying.

I just felt at the end of the episode that I'd been watching the trailer for a longer, better version of this episode.

They shouldn't be afraid of two-parters. That structure works just fine in the new seasons of "Doctor Who," and I think it would serve "The D Files" well as well. Lots of shows seem to have syndication agreements that insist on airing the show in order, and that's something that happens with a [i]lot[/i] of shows these days, so looking to the future, a couple "to be continueds" wouldn't hurt.

That being said, I loved, loved, [i]loved[/i] Bob outside. That was just plain out ordinary [i]cool[/i]. :)

I also agree with the lighting. Some of the technical aspects of this show could be better.

Also, I didn't get a sense of loss when the mirror was stomped (that mirror was a cool-ass spell, btw). These things do cost Harry something (and I don't mean $1.99 at Target -- I mean metaphysically), and I'd like the show to describe to a newbie like myself what that cost is and what kind of toll it takes to use the energy and to lose it.

Wow, I seem to be complaining a lot. I did really enjoy this one, and I really enjoyed Paul and Valerie's performances. Also, Bob's lycanthrope startled the bejabbers outta me. :D I thought it was great -- just a little bit too rushed and compactified, maybe haps. :)