The Dresden Files

Hair of the Dog

Aired Sunday 10:00 PM Feb 11, 2007 on Syfy

• Finally!

This episode, or this series so far, is not earth shattering. It is quite nice though, and to some effect, it captures the essence of the books. To me, this episode specially captured this essence, with Harry desperatly doing the right thing and never stopping being the gentlemen.
    Structure wise the episode was modest, and the special effects aren't out of this world, but they are okay for a show that is just getting started.

Paul Blackthorne convinced me, at last, of his Dresden, though I still think he has far too few hair.
    I still don't understand what they did with some of the books' characters, like Susan, for instance. I often wonder if they merged her with Murphy's character, since the Susan was the brunette, not Murph (who was blonde). Though, the only really nice asset this show has until now is Bob, to whom they seem to have assigned all the magic (which he didn't do in the books... I'm puzzled by this choice) but is nonetheless a really well achieved character.
    I look forward to more of this show, and hope they will allow it to gain its own place, space and respect (like playing the episodes in their proper order).
    If anything, I'll wait for the dvds to be out and finally see the episodes as they should have been played.

All in all, this is a nice episode that fans of the genre and of the books should watch with confidence in better things yet to come!