The Dresden Files

Hair of the Dog

Aired Sunday 10:00 PM Feb 11, 2007 on Syfy

• Harry tries to help solve a sticky wicket involving werewolves. This one really captured my interest and makes me want to tune in again in the future.

Unlike many viewers, I've never read the Dresden novels, and thus had no preconceived notions of what the series would/should be like. I was open to whatever came. The first two episodes I saw ('Birds of a Feather' and 'The Boone Identity') were alright, intriguing even. But this one was seductive: it drew me in and kept my interest throughout. There was a very appealing use of magic and the supernatural, both with the energy spell and with Bob the ghost—how cool was that blood test thing he did?

The actors portraying Heather and Harry have a palpable chemistry on screen, and I do hope we get to see more of them together in the future. I like the actress playing Murphy as well, but she was not featured much in this episode.

This episode made me put a couple of the Dresden novels on hold at the library. I'm interested in the back story at this point; I want some more, please…