The Dresden Files

Rules of Engagement

Aired Sunday 10:00 PM Feb 18, 2007 on Syfy

• First contact with the High Council!!!

I must admit that this show surprises me more, episode by episode...If at first, I considered that it was a lame copy of "Poltergeist", I must admit that these last episodes have proven me wrong...One has the opportunity to see Harry Dresden's character as developing, and becoming a real wizard with true powers...And this episode is not an exception...Anyway, he gets visited by a girl, Caryn Harris(Nicky), who wants him to find a person who supposedly stole money from her old aunt... Harry decides to investigate and he discovers a burned body, who belongs to a demon...This episode is the first opportunity one has to make the acquaintance of Morgan, leader of the High Council, who is an institution created by wizards and who is the supreme authority in their world...I reckon that this will play an important part in this show...Also we meet Sirota, the leader of demons, who also has a stake in this...In the end, due to some help from Morgan, and creativity by Harry, they manage to save the day, and protect the 2 lovers from Sirota's rage...Although I must say that the end was kind a weak...If Sirota was the leader of the demons, shouldn't have he known that the he didn't manage to kill Matthew?...But beyond this, this episode was good and interesting.