The Dresden Files

The Other Dick

Aired Sunday 10:00 PM Mar 25, 2007 on Syfy

• The Other Dick

The Other Dick was a superb episode of The Dresden Files and I enjoyed watching this episode because it had a good story, character development, and Claudia Black guest starring! It was fun to watch the story of this episode unfold as Harry and Liz tried to find out who murdered Jim. This episode didn't seem to have any contributions to larger story arcs but it was a great episode none the less. I look forward to watching the next episode!!!!!!!

• Great episode with some interesting scenes featuring Harry...

I must say at first i didn't quite enjoyed this episode...But as the plot thickened and Harry enter in contact again with the supernatural events, i liked it a lot...Dresden in order to remain a consultant for the police must graduate a PI school..The teacher is killed ,and Harry decides to investigate...He uncovers the truth with the help of the teachers assistant, that supernatural elements are involved..He manages to vanquish them finally...This episode is an opportunity for one to see how developed the powers of Dresden..This guy managed to create a shield that prevented the explosion of the bomb to hit them...In another scene the same shield prevented him from getting shot...So great episode, with wonderful scenes.
  • excellent! major improvement

i can really say now .. that i don't wanna miss another episode because at this point i have formed a solid opinion .. now, i have to have a weekly dose of sci-fi/magic ..and the best show to provide that dose is the Dresden files and Harvey:P(harry).. this episode was way better than prior ones the fertility incubus jones was it?.. good stuff .. and seeing Dresden doing something to actually get a job thats really good ..P.I work will sure put everything he does in perspective..and working with Murphy wont be a problem for him anymore..so thats good 2.
  • An affair for the future?

The plot didn't have as many turning points as other previous episodes, but for sure it was good. I guess nobody was expecting the Incubus when you had a conjunction of powerful energy lines, a clue to wizardry for sure.

Also - forgive me her fans -, but this was the first time I saw Claudia Black and I must say she's really good and added a lot of comic moments to the episode. Hope she comes back.

Finally, the down point was the fact Harry was too blatant with his powers in this episode. Probably this was a "Storm Front" consequence, but I liked more the way it used to be. His greatest skill was always his brains, not his hocus-pocus.

Stay tuned!
  • Harry investigates the murder of a fewllow P.I.

After last week's one off that was Storm Front, this is more or less a return to the 'normal 'series', and it's not a bad return either.
    The original plot was well written and the introduction of the character of Liz was fun. She and Harry seemed like the odd couple, but it worked very well.

It's great to see Harry use a bit more magic (compared to pre- Storm Front episodes) but not too much. I liked the bomb and hockey stick scene because it clearly showed that using magic takes effort, Harry was very tired after using his magic to control the explosion.

Bob was back too, yes, definitely an above average episode.
  • Harry Dresden.... WIZARD - P.I.

Harry Dresden has made a new friend. Who just so happens to be his teacher. and not jsut any teacher but his private investigator teacher. Thats right ladies and gentalmen, the police made Harry Dresden to go to school for a Private Investigator License. But than that happens. You know what that is. We (students) exprience it every day. TEST and financial problems... And when he goes to talk to his teacher. He finds his teacher dead and not a heart attack kind of death but a magical death. So Harry and LIz, the assistant, work together to figure out who killed his teacher and find out about the incubie.
  • No, that doesn't mean "bi" is the plural of "bus".

Claudia Black RULES the screen - she's just freaking awesome. Instead of being awesome in Stargate or awesome in Farscape, this time she's awesome here. And her neutral American accent kicks Hugh Laurie's right in the butt. Hey, "House" fans, this is how it's SUPPOSED to be done. Is it my imagination or is the cast getting the 'feel' for their characters. Blackthorne and Cruz seem to have a handle on how far to go emotionally - Cruz in particular?

The plot rolled out nicely, a few twists here and there. And, who, among us, wasn't surprised to find Dr "Feel Good" was on the good side. That's one of good things about this show, it follows the crime-mystery formula without being formulaic. And, Claudia arrives - sadly for a single episode, it would appear.
  • Claudia Black stole the show

Better than usual. Thank god. I feel like the quality of the show has been quickly and steadily declining, but this episode was much better. I expect that it had a lot to do with Claudia Black's (of Farscape fame, of course) guest appearance. Her character was entertaining and well-performed, and it was nice to see her again and to hear that delicious throaty voice of hers.