The Dresden Files

Things That Go Bump

Aired Sunday 10:00 PM Apr 08, 2007 on Syfy

• Who's the enemy?

What would you do if trapped inside your own house with a lot of unknown wizards, a sceptical police officer, two acquaintances who dislike you and a merry little ghost? Specially if one of those is the one responsible for the trap and very much wants everybody else dead?

Well, Harry certainly can answer that question now.

The best thing about this episode was the detective line of thought it obliged the audience to have. And if you want special effects in "The Dresden Files" you certainly will like this one, too.

But I must admit I was tricked. I thought Bob was the responsible or rather the "thing" I thought came back in his place. Murphy was a good suspect to discard among so many other subjects, but I should have remembered one of her initial lines, the one making allusion to "The Usual Suspects". Right in front of our eyes all the time...

Another good thing is the ending scene. Harry may have saved everyone's life, but Ancient Mai sure as hell still wants his head. And Harry being Harry even goes as far as acusing her of not being human.

All in all, memorable episode. Simple and not original script, but very effective nonetheless.

Stay tuned! Next week is time for our season finale. :(