The Dresden Files

Things That Go Bump

Aired Sunday 10:00 PM Apr 08, 2007 on Syfy

• I have watched most of The Dresden Files in one block, and out of all the episodes this one is the strongest. Harry's place in his world is strengthened.

The Dresden Files is a fun B+ show, nicely mysterious, a little occultish and even though some very nasty things happen it feels lighter that it could be. Maybe it's the magic, maybe I'm just looking for something to replace Buffy, something that doesn't take itself too seriously, but this show fills a gap that no other show currently does.

This particular episode has Dresden, Bob, Morgan, Murphy, Ancient Mai, Amber and Wallace trapped in Dresden's place, surrounded by darkness of death. They need to co-operate to figure out who among them is the traitor, to save Mai and return themselves to safety.

Accusations fly back and forth, images of the dead appear, and the enemy within turns out to be a surprise.

What I like about this episode, was the character interaction, the character development, it felt like everyone had moved forward by the end.