The Drew Carey Show Forums

ABC (ended 2004)

Season 9 Correct Order

pash91

[1]May 27, 2008
    • level: 1
    Does anyone have the correct order of season 9? I don't mean the way it aired, I mean the way it logically makes sense following the story. I looked through a few of the episodes on Tv.com and some of them have the correct order numbers listed in the notes, but others don't. If someoen could let me know, it would be much appreciated.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

troll3y

[2]Jun 23, 2008
    • level: 6

ah yes, season 9. I've just started watching season 9, and I have no idea where to begin. I was warned that the story line wouldn't make any sense, and now I see why.

I watched a couple of episodes of it already, and now I'm consulting the TV.com episode guide before guessing which episode would be the most logical to watch. If all goes to plan, I would have finished watching season 9 by Friday, so I can try and post a recommended viewing order somewhere then.

Edit: As you have rightly pointed out, the episodes in season 9 are not aired in chronological order, despite them being aired in order. So far, I haven't heard or read anything as to why this is, so it'd be great if someone could shed light on that, or provide a link to somewhere that does. It would certainly help me straighten a few things out... I'm as confused as anything, right about now.

Edited on 06/23/2008 12:03am

b-rock50

[3]Jun 24, 2008
    • level: 3
    yeah I wondering this too... can someone help us out?

troll3y

[4]Jun 26, 2008

okay, I've looked through all the Episode Guides, but without having seen all of the episodes in Season 9, I still can't be certain of this order. I followed the order of the TBS Syndication, when they showed Season 9 (special thanks to the person(s) who uploaded that information to each episode), but there are still a couple of holes that I can't fill in without having seen the rest of the season.

TBS Syndication

16. Girlfriend, Interupted
    6. Sealed in a Kiss
    19. Burning Down The House
    20. Liar Liar, House on Fire
    3. Foos Rush In
    17. Straight Eye for the Queer Guy
    21. sleeping With The Enemy
    22. Assault With a Lovely Weapon
    18. still Life With a Freeloader
    4. Drew Thinks Inside The Box
    2. Eye of the Leopard
    1. Drew Hunts Silver Fox
    5. At Your Cervix
    7. Baby Makes Stress
    9. No Booze For Drew

After TBS Syndication
    15. Baby Face
    13. Dog Soup

Unsure
    8. Michigan J. Gus
    10. Drew's Best Friend
    11. Arrivederci, Italy
    12. House of the Rising Son-In-Law
    14. Asleep At The Wheel

Last Episodes of the Season

23. Love, Sri Lankan Stile (deliberately spelt incorrectly, because it's taking the "S-word" to be a badly-formatted HTML tag.)

24. Knot in the Mood
    25. The Passion of the Wick
    26. Finale

I'm gonna watch the "Unsure" episodes before the "After TBS Syndication", just because I have a gut feeling that the episodes will make more sense that way. Both "categories" of episoes occur around the pregnancy timeline, but without having seen any of those episodes, this is just my best guess.

If anyone has a better order, please post it. I'll probably post a revised viewing order when I finish watching the season, but until then, make use of this one. I will be.

Enjoy!

b-rock50

[5]Jun 27, 2008
    • level: 3
    This is great thank you... At least I will have some order to watching them.

pash91

[6]Jul 1, 2008
    This is fantastic. I tried going one by one and checking the episodes for what the commenters said the order of the episode was, but I had some trouble with it. I had taken a break being so frustrated, but now that you did such great work, I have begun watching it again, so far so good. Thanks again! I hope to see the full listing once the last few episodes are sorted

Asm92784

[7]Jul 1, 2008

I checked the last three digits of the production numbers next to what had been posted so far and they matched up with the episodes that someone had said previously they were sure about, so assuming that the production numbers are in the right order, the order would be:

6. Sealed in a Kiss
    3. Foos Rush In
    21. sleeping With The Enemy
    18. Still Life With a Freeloader
    2. Eye of the Leopard
    1. Drew Hunts Silver Fox
    5. At Your Cervix
    7. Baby Makes Stress
    9. No Booze For Drew
    8. Michigan J. Gus
    10. Drew's Best Friend
    11. Arrivederci, Italy
    2. House of the Rising Son-In-Law
    13. Dog Soup
    14. Asleep At The Wheel
    24. Knot in the Mood
    15. Baby Face

23. Love, Sri Lankan Stile
    26. Finale

I've not finished watching them yet So if any of them seem out of order, or if anyone knows for sure this is wrong, let me know and I'll correct this.

EDIT: I just finished the season and the only correction I would make to this is to move "Knot in the Mood" to be after "Love, Sri Lankan Stile" So the last 5 episodes I would change to:

15. Baby Face
    23. Love, Sri Lankan Stile
    24. Knot in the Mood
    26. Finale

You could argue either way for whether 24 or 25 should come first. I dont think it really matters so I went ahead with this ordering and everything pretty much made sense. Hope this helps.

Edited on 07/05/2008 10:31am
    Edited 2 total times.

troll3y

[8]Jul 3, 2008
    Asm92784 wrote:
    I checked the last three digits of the production numbers next to what had been posted so far and they matched up with the episodes that someone had said previously they were sure about, so assuming that the production numbers are in the right order

Oh my goodness... why didn't I think of that? Thanks for posting that, Asm. Still, I kept note of the order whilst I watched the episodes, and now I'm finally done! There were a few episodes that were out of order, and my hunch was right about watching the "Unsure" episodes before the "After TBS Syndication" ones. A little switcharoo, and I came up with this order:

6. Sealed in a Kiss
    3. Foos Rush In
    21. Sleeping With The Enemy
    18. still Life With a Freeloader
    2. Eye of the Leopard
    1. Drew Hunts Silver Fox
    5. At Your Cervix
    7. Baby Makes Stress
    9. No Booze For Drew

13. Dog Soup
    8. Michigan J. Gus
    10. Drew's Best Friend
    11. Arrivederci, Italy
    14. Asleep At The Wheel
    12. House of the Rising Son-In-Law

15. Baby Face

23. Love, Sri Lankan 5tyle
    24. Knot in the Mood
    26. Finale

The ones in bold are where I've made the major changes. Whichever order you watch them, there will be minor discrepancies in the sub-plots of the storyline. I would actually lean towards the list posted by Asm92784. It's sorted by production number, whereas mine is just a manual 'best-guess' order. In the middle of the season especially, there are a lot of filler episodes, so it won't matter too much.

Enjoy!

JosephBamberg

[9]Apr 7, 2010

Drew hunt silver fox should not have been that late in series should have been way earlier

RuthieBa

[10]Jun 2, 2010
    can anyone tell me why Olivia Benson & Elliot Stabler were not partners for a short while in the latest series?