The Drew Carey Show Forums

ABC (ended 2004)

Semi Good News

DrGreene422

[1]Jan 29, 2007
    • level: 12
    The Drew Carey Show appears to be back on 5 days a week again. It's only on at 6:30 in the morning on TBS, but at least it's better than nothing now.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Drewchic

[2]Jan 30, 2007
    • level: 9
    Thanks for the info,bud! Yeah,I thought it was off TBS for good! I'm still not watching (or taping) the show however. Actually,I'll check TBS.com for what episode is on what date and day.

DrGreene422

[3]Jan 31, 2007
    Yes, and now that I have DVR, I can record those 8 episodes I'm missing, and I'll finally have the entire series! Edited and cut short in some cases, but whatever.

Drewchic

[4]Jan 31, 2007

I don't think those 8 episodes are going to be on in the near future,though. Well,I'll check TBS.com. If they are,I'll post the exact episode(s) here on the "Semi Good News" The Drew Carey Show forum thread. Yeah,and--but I thought that you really wanted the episode where Drew's in China? Well,no,but it's understandable if you want the entire series. As far as I know at the moment,there are no future Drew Carey episodes that are the ones that you want. Well,of course,the episodes will air sometime this year possibly,but,not in the coming week or so.

Drewchic

[5]Jan 31, 2007

It's a shocker that you're online at this time,because normally,you're not. You're online like very,very late at night (well,maybe not where you live,whereever that may be) at least Central time. Anyways,maybe you got off early or something. I know it's none of my business and you don't have to tell me if you don't want to tell me,but it's just a simple observation.

DrGreene422

[6]Jan 31, 2007
    Not a big deal. I get a day off every once in a while. I actually haven't checked this forum in a long time, except for the past few weeks when word of the DVD release came around. And, YES, I really, really want the Drew goes to China episode! If you see it coming up, PLEASE let me know!

Drewchic

[7]Feb 1, 2007
    DrGreene422 wrote:
    Not a big deal. I get a day off every once in a while. I actually haven't checked this forum in a long time, except for the past few weeks when word of the DVD release came around. And, YES, I really, really want the Drew goes to China episode! If you see it coming up, PLEASE let me know!
    I'm on it. I'll check TBS.com daily and if I see that episode title and episode description,I'll post it on this forum thread OR if you prefer actually personally PM you,but you probably prefer the thread posting.

Drewchic

[8]Feb 5, 2007

Okay. The episode is not upcoming,but here's the summary for it (personally from TBS.com--they have a episode guide now!) anyways,and so that you will know when the show airs. Okay. Here's a key for various phrases that I'll abbrieviate in the future for your knowing. Alright. The phrases are:

DICOT=Drew In China On Today!

RTEGFMI=Refer To Episode Guide For More Information.

TDCSOTC=The Drew Carey Show on TBS.com.

Okay. Here's the ES (Episode Summary)! Enjoy! And,PATYW (Peek All That You Want!):

Drew pulls off an elaborate practical joke against Mimi and boasts that she will never be able to top it. A few days later, he wakes up to find himself on the Great Wall of China with no money or passport. Mimi has left a tape recording in his pocket in which she taunts him. Drew gets a ride into a small town, where a young woman who speaks English offers him shelter. She gets him a job helping her family sell chickens so that he can eventually afford bus fare to Beijing and go to the U.S. embassy. Kate, Lewis and Oswald grow concerned after they discover that Drew never made his scheduled business trip to Winnipeg. Mimi brags about sending Drew to China. She explains that she had her father's secretary drug Drew and put him on a courier flight. The gang has no idea what to do to help him. Ming finally agrees to drive Drew to Beijing, but the embassy is closed for Thanksgiving. He tries to make enough money to get himself a hotel room by putting on a sock puppet show, but only ends up losing a shoe to a boy who believed it was for sale. Drew believes that he is being arrested after some officers take him away. He later learns that they were just trying to get him to apply for a vendor permit. Drew manages to make a phone call to his friends, but the line goes dead before he can give any information. Drew is thrilled to learn that there is a McDonald's in the city. Unfortunately, he doesn't have enough money for any food. After he gives an impassioned rendition of "You Deserve a Break Today," the manager takes pity on him, buying him a meal and giving him the number of a customer service line that can direct him to help from the U.S. government.

Okay. Remember the ES? Okay. If you want it really bad in the future (and you can't find it on the forum),than,in the upcoming--actually,if you don't mind,I'll do it today. I'll PM you the episode summary to the classic Season 4 episode The High Road To China and the one from TBS.com (nothing from TV.com) and hopefully,you'll not delete your PM from me but keep it for the future and if for some reason you accidentally deleted it and accidentally hit that button,well than,you just look for the thread titled "Semi Good News" and than some. Okay.

troll3y

[9]Jun 23, 2008
    • level: 6
    PDIATNHEHO = Please Don't Invent Acronyms That Nobody Has Ever Heard Of. :p