The Drew Carey Show Forums

ABC (ended 2004)

Why Did Christa Miller Leave?

dukeakasmudge

[1]Jan 30, 2008
    • level: 1
    Ive always wondered why did Christa Miller leave the show?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

DrGreene422

[2]Jan 30, 2008
    • level: 12
    She wanted to be on 'Scrubs' instead. Plus she had a baby around that time.

treehillbabe_xo

[3]Feb 3, 2008
    • level: 29
    She wanted to be with her family more, and the job on SCRUBS allowed her to do so. She already had a daughter and was several months pregnant with her first son when she filmed her last episode.

Duds_2k

[4]Apr 12, 2008
    • level: 7
    Bear in mind Scrubs is the brainchild of her husband

sscheelke

[5]May 1, 2008
    • level: 5

when she left the show went a little down-hill

cactusjack39

[6]Dec 9, 2008
    • level: 30
    There wasn't enough screen time for everyone. With Drew, there's only so much space.

bohsocks

[7]May 5, 2009
    • level: 1
    Yes, she left. And yes it went downhill afterwards.... that's partly to do with her departure and the show being on the air 7 years at that point.

What I've always wondered is.... did she leave on good terms? I understand her reasoning... but you could tell the show was only playing out the string after that.... storylines that went nowhere, Mimi and Drew being friends, the removal of characters (Drew's Dad and Steve, and to a lesser extend Wick)......

Her sudden departure is probably what put the nail in the coffin for the show. And it's not like she made a cameo return at any point.... including the finale. There was something missing during the last two years.

Don't get me wrong... I love Cynthia Watros, I have since she was on Titus... she's gorgeous too... she's not the Kate we had for 7 years prior. Oh well. (This is all coming out because I saw the finale for the first time today.)

wildhoney66

[8]Jul 16, 2010
    • level: 13

i've always wondered that too, IF it was on good terms i mean. i always wanted kate & Drew to hook up. & yes they did but than they ended up breaking up cause she chose to leave the show. i loved her on "Scrubs" she was good on that show too. but it just wasn't the same. i can also understand her reasoning for leaving the show. i wish she would do movies instead of tv. in short it broke my heart when she left. i also think

& i may be wrong on this one. but i think i vaugley reading in tv guide at the time that her contract ran out as well. does anyone else remember reading about this? or is it just me?

quintex96

[9]Oct 15, 2012
    • level: 9
    wildhoney66 wrote:

i've always wondered that too, IF it was on good terms i mean. i always wanted kate & Drew to hook up. & yes they did but than they ended up breaking up cause she chose to leave the show. i loved her on "Scrubs" she was good on that show too. but it just wasn't the same. i can also understand her reasoning for leaving the show. i wish she would do movies instead of tv. in short it broke my heart when she left. i also think

& i may be wrong on this one. but i think i vaugley reading in tv guide at the time that her contract ran out as well. does anyone else remember reading about this? or is it just me?

Actually they broke up before she chose to leave the show, and it was established that a relationship between the two wouldn't work out because of they're views on having kids, still it was sad to see her go, I don't see why she couldn't have at least shown up in the last episode.