- AI - Artificial Intelligence - Term used for the "human" values applied to computers games - how the Non-Playable Characters react to you.
- CES - Consumer Electronics Show - General electronics convention displaying the future of technology. Video games have a smaller role at this convention. Previous products debuted at CES: VCR (1970), CD Player (1981), Microsoft Xbox (2001)
- E3 - Electronic Entertainment Expo - Largest video game convention. Held at the Los Angeles Convention Center in Los Angeles, California, USA. Not open to the Public
- ESRB - Entertainment Software Rating Board - Non-profit, self-regulatory video game ratings body, establisted in 1994.
- EP - The Electric Playground - Abbreviated from of the show title
- DS - Nintendo DS - Nintendo's portable game unit using two screens. DS - Dual Screens
- GBA - Game Boy Advanced - Handheld game unit from Nintendo
- GBA SP - Game Boy Advanced Spcecial Project - Version of the GBA with back light and rechargeable Lithium Ion battery
- GC - Game Cube - 128-bit console created by Nintendo. 2001 US release
- GTA - Grand Theft Auto - Controversial video game series
- KOTOR - Knights of the Old Republic - Star Wars Role Playing Game
- KOTOR II: LOTS - Knights of the Old Republic II: Lords of the Sith - (also KOTOR II, KOTOR: LOTS) Sequel to Star Wars KOTOR
- MMO - Massively Multiplayer Online - Online game, one which involves many people
- MMORPG - Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game - Online character inmprovement game with multi-users
- NES - Nintendo Entertainment System - Nintendo's 8-bit console Known in Japan as Famicom (Family computer) 1986 US release
- NPC - Non-Playable Character - Characer in a game ran by the game's artifcial intelligence
- PC - Personal Computer - Designation of games you must use on a computer
- POP - Prince of Persia - Series of Video games with a focus on acrobatics.
- PSOne - PlayStation - (also PS, PS1, PSX) Sony's orginal gaming console using DVD technology
- PS2 - PlayStation 2 - Sony's second console.
- PS3 - PlayStation 3 - Sony's next console release - planned for release in Fall/Winter 2006
- PSP - PlayStation Portable - Sony's Current Generation handheld. Able to play "mini" UMD movies.
- RPG - Role Playing Game - Game involving character development by gaining experience points and improving items such as weapons an armor.
- SNES - Super Nintendo Enterntainment System - Nintendo's 16-bit console. 1991 US release
- TGS - Toyko Game Show - Japanese-interest based video game convention held in Toyko, Japan. Open to the Public
- UMD - Universal Media Disc - Movie disc format used to watch movies on a PSP. "mini dvds"
- WOW - World of Warcraft - Online video game - MMORPG
ESRB Ratings (current)
- EC - Early Childhood - Ages 3 and above
- E - Everyone - Ages 6 and above
- E +10 - Everyone 10 and over - Ages 10 and above
- T - Teen - Ages 13 and above
- M - Mature - Ages 17 and over
- AO - Adults Only - Ages 18 and over
- RP - Rating Pending - Games have been submitted to the ESRB and are awaiting final rating, used in pre-advertising
Edited on 10/13/2006 2:05pm
Edited 2 total times.
Edited 2 total times.