The Ellen DeGeneres Show

Antonio Banderas/Kathryn Morris

Aired Weekdays 3:00 PM Oct 27, 2005 on NBC

• This episode concludes the case of the stolen smiley face chip. Only Ellen could take a .30 cent eBay purchase and turn it into such a funny storyline that has stretched over several weeks.

At the end we learn that the chip bandit is none other than Betty White, whom Ellen catches at a drop at her oversized ATM machine.

While the credits run, the normal bouncy Ellen theme is discarded for a more sweeping saga-ending tune. Near the end, we are treated to a brief recreation of the scene of the crime using a lint doll creation by a guest on the show. And, as last we see of the studio, Ellen is happily reunited with her chip.

I believe this episode proves that famous guest stars are not needed for her show, as Ellen has the awesome ability to take the average person and the most common of items and bring out the humor in them.