The Ellen DeGeneres Show Forums

Weekdays 3:00 PM on NBCIn Season

Ellen crossing picket lines...

pocahotass131

[1]Nov 12, 2007
    • level: 10

I heard on the news today that Ellen says life must go on and she is going to continue taping shows. Not sure how I feel about that.... what do you guys think???

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

JayElleEmm

[2]Dec 4, 2007
    • level: 6
    i think she had a show to do and didnt want to hurt her fans.

Tom_Southwell

[4]Dec 5, 2007
    • level: 72
    Hold Up!
    Why'd she say this anyway?
    What's happened?

coyoteunknown

[5]Dec 15, 2007
    • level: 3

While I don't watch the show anymore, I'm glad Ellen is one of few people that are returning to their jobs. She's not only got a living to make, but so does her staff, whom would be fired if her showed went on hiatus over this strike.

I supported the strike until I read more about what certain writers and WGA members are doing to those that are continuing to work. Heckling them? Ruining shots? That's just disrespectful, like saying "Hey! If I can't have this toy, noone can! *breaks toy*"

I don't know, I watch a few shows and it doesn't bother me that they're on hiatus as I'm busy with my own life, but I'd be happy if the strike persisted and all these writers went bankrupt, lost their homes, lose their families, and anything else. If you're that damned selfish that you have to ruin everyone elses chance to work just because you don't want to under certain conditions, than you should just piss off. If I knew the names of the writers that were causing such scenes, I'd make sure to NEVER watch any shows they have any affiliations with.

Come to think of it, I think I'll quit watching TV all together. A bunch of glorified story tellers and their mafia union are hurting the industry and innocent individuals. That's the American way, though, isn't it? If you can't get something nicely, than by god take it by force and dominate and instill fear into your enemies.

Screw the WGA and the selfish writers, hoo-ray for Carson Daly and Ellen Degeneres.