The Ellen DeGeneres Show Forums

Weekdays 3:00 PM on NBCIn Season

KaaaaAAAAAAA!

bill__b

[1]Jun 5, 2006
    • level: 4
    The first time Ellen used this response, she was obviously anxious for the applause to die down, but she didn't want to tell the audience to "shut up". Since then she has tried to make it seem that "KAAAA" is a friendly response to the audience's enthusiasm and/or adulation. Sorry, Ellen. I'm not buying it! That's not a friendly sound at all. Not at all like the ellen-owl whoo-oo---whoo--hoooo! But she's apparently caught in talk-show monologue hell, so she'll keep doing it, I guess. A lot like other shows' hosts time wasters while the audiences enthuse away.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

hotbunz09

[2]Jun 29, 2006
    • level: 10

Ya i agree i think she need's to find a new sound to replace the KAAAAA!  but also it is hard to get the audiences attention so i know where she's comming from trying to politely say hey i'm trying to talk but KAAA?? there's got to be a better way, i mean she is trying to get on with the show tryin to tell everyone about what's going on and the audience tends to get a little over entusiastic and she does only have a short time to get through the show and she still wants to make it fun but she really needs to work on how she's going to get thier attention and maybe her dancing... lol i love the ellen show but ya anyway i hope she does work on the KAAA thing but anyway that's all i have to say.

die2knuloveme

[3]Nov 23, 2007
    • level: 8
    Personally It make's me crack up, so I don't mind it at all. In fact i like it. But that's just me.

JayElleEmm

[4]Nov 26, 2007
    • level: 6
    KAAAAAAAAAAAAA

JayElleEmm

[5]Nov 26, 2007
    hotbunz09 wrote:

Ya i agree i think she need's to find a new sound to replace the KAAAAA!  but also it is hard to get the audiences attention so i know where she's comming from trying to politely say hey i'm trying to talk but KAAA?? there's got to be a better way, i mean she is trying to get on with the show tryin to tell everyone about what's going on and the audience tends to get a little over entusiastic and she does only have a short time to get through the show and she still wants to make it fun but she really needs to work on how she's going to get thier attention and maybe her dancing... lol i love the ellen show but ya anyway i hope she does work on the KAAA thing but anyway that's all i have to say.

oh she need is?

crazy-gamer225

[7]Dec 4, 2007
    • level: 12
    KAAAAAaaaa

JayElleEmm

[8]Dec 4, 2007
    crazy-gamer225 wrote:
    KAAAAAaaaa
    kaaaa indeed.

potter6233

[9]Jan 28, 2008
    • level: 7
    I love when she does it. When I went to a taping of the show I was hoping that she would do it so I could reciprocate. She did!

die2knuloveme

[10]Apr 3, 2008
    • level: 8
    oh you're lucky you got to go to the show! it's my dream to go to her show!!!! One day ill make it!