The Ellen DeGeneres Show

Weekdays 3:00 PM on NBC Premiered Sep 08, 2003 In Season

aldaros23

The Ellen DeGeneres Show Fan Reviews (299)

• Is Ellen tired of being on the show?

The guests are enthusiastic and usually a lot of fun, and there are some pretty amusing additional segments such as games.

However, I find Ellen herself to be a problem. Now I have only recently started to casually watch the show, so I'm not sure if it's a new thing. She has an indifferent interviewing technique, which makes her seem to be lacking in warmth or presence: she seems to shoot out questions without even listening or reacting to the anecdotes that the guests animatedly tell, then rushing on to the next random question that is totally unrelated to what the guest was saying.

All and all, Ellen often appears not to be that keen to even be there. The entertaining guests do make up for for a lot, and when Ellen gets going she can be very witty, but the lukewarm and rushed hosting is currently a bit of a problem.

The live audience, however, seems to worship her, as a long segment is always devoted to audience screaming and Ellen dancing. Might be exciting if you're present, but for home audiences it is pretty tedious.
  • Ellen Shop

I might be a fan of Ellen Tv BUT I don't approve of her merchandise shop!

3 months ago I put a $100 clothes order in.... I still dont have it.

after countless emails to customer service people, I have nothing! I'm Very Disappointed, no merchandise & I'm out $100

Ellen's shop sucks
  • sheep on Tuesday June 24th show

there was 6 sheep on todays show.
  • HE DID IT!!!

YES! Keith Urban said *parrot breath*!!! LOL

• U r amazing

I watch your show every time I can. U make my day and make me smile even when I don't feel like it. U r hilarious. You have such a kind heart and make peoples dreams come true. God bless your heart,
  • ellen gets to Africa!

Watching you show where you talked about customer service. This fan wants you to make your dream to come true!! Go to Africa!! It is your dream. You give us so much!! I want you to make the trip you want!!

I'm a huge that is what I want to make me happy :-) Have fun in Africa!!!

Love you for giving me reasons to smile :-)
  • Love U Ellen de Degeneres ( Ellen d generous)

Ellen I can't tell u how much I love u and Ur show. I live in India and keep sending you jokes, riddles etc on email. Not too sure if you read all the mails and entertain mails received from India. I wud love to meet u in know how and when but is my desire. I enjoy every minute of Ur show and never miss it. But from yesterday it's not being telecasted at 3pm. And I missed 2 shows. Ur the best, Ur program is the best and Ur works are the best. Keep up the good work of making everyone laugh.

Ur program score is rated >10 by me

Love you

Rachel
  • From Germany

Hi Ellen, the world need much more people like you. I watch your shows on YouTube in Germany and it is fantastic to see how you colaborate with people who need realy wish there would be more people like you . Have a fantastic Christmas and all the best for 2014.

Kind regards

Hilke
  • Kind Ellen

I have been a constant fan of you and your tv show for many years now.. I am glad we are watching the same episodes that you have on Live there but just one day after.... As long as I get to watch your show I am happy.

I live in a city called Mumbai in India.. Wish you could make a trip down here.. You must have heard alot of stories about this place but its a place to see... I am a stay at home mom, married to a wonderful man who is retired at the moment.. We have 3 wonderful sons.. All grown up. But life is not the same as it used to be since my husband had to retire 5 years ago due to health issues.. We were from rags to riches to rags.. Unfortunately... He used to work on an oil rig for 32 years.. We had it good then, made a couple of bad investments which led us to what we are today.. But by the grace of God we are okay... There are alot of people worse off than us so I cannot complain..

I was watching the last show where you gave your audience tickets to the 12 days of giveaways.. And that was truly that old lady how wonderful... Wow! I kept telling my husband if only we were there can you imagine it would have been a dream come true.... Unfortunately we are so far away and cannot really afford to come to the United States of America.. I have my mom-in-law who by the way is 93 years old living with her daughter in Houston.. I have been there on tickets paid by them of course. The last time my husband and I visited Houston was in 2010 and he wanted to surprise me by taking me to see your show but my sis-in-law said it was too expensive so he dropped the idea... Oh well, it was just not meant to be....

But I just love your show and never miss an episode and if I do, I record it and watch it later on... God Bless you Ellen, you are truly and inspiration to one and all and you are so true to your words at the end of every show.. Be kind to one another .. And that is just what you are.... Love you.... My fingers crossed that the coming year will be a good year for us.. As this year 2013 has been a terrible one for us. From beginning to can't say what is instore for us as we haven't reached the end as yet... If you do get this may you truly have a wonderful Thanksgiving with all your loved ones... God Bless once again....

Sincerely yours,

Dallas deMello

• The world should be full of more "Ellens"

It's hard to find a more compassionate, kind hearted, generous person, who can also make you laugh. I love everything about Ellen and we can all learn something from her. The world would be a more wonderful place if there were more people like her.
  • She has it...

1I
  • Best Husband Ever!!

Dear Ellen,

Hello Ellen! I am writing to give a shout out to my husband. I see so many people on your show for so much but what about those awesome husbands and what you give to those people makes you an amazing person and so here I am to tell you about him and hope you read this. His name is Tom Musselman and he is a truck driver. He puts in many many hours a week and he works so hard to try to make ends meet. He can get up as early as 2am to start work and not get done until 8pm. He tries so hard but we still cant get ahead. He wears himself out but still he does so much, on weekends he does all the cleaning and he asks me to leave it for him. All he wants from me is to keep the dishes up and cook his meals. We are trying so hard to get a home so he goes out there and puts more hours in. I love him so much and he desirves a shout out for all the hard work he does and never asks for anything for himself. So if some day on your show you can give Tom a shout out he would know how much his effort is appreciated more than he realizes.

Kris Musselman (adoring wife)
  • ELLEN YOU INSPIRE ME!

Ellen, I want to thank you for inspiring me to never give up hopes and dreams. I am transgender male to female. im 26, living alone, a student and I do what I can to get by. I drive a car with no air condition in the middle of a 90 degree day to get to work. I have hospital bills that im having a hard time paying due to a staph infection I caught. But my worst issue was my mother's acceptance of me changing my gender. At the beginning my mother did not accept me wanting to become female. I had to move out of her house and try to make it on my own. I prayed so hard that my mother would come around and accept me. My mother is a hardworking person who was strict on us coming up. She raised me and my brothers and sisters and now raising my nieces alone. But despite all of the issues there was a silver lining. this year at the family reunion I came as the trans woman that I am and instead of my mother becoming angry and embarrassed, she hugged me and embraced me. Ellen I was the first time that she accepted me for who I really am! Even though I drive a beat down car and struggling with my bills that moment of my mother accepting me was priceless. Ellen, you and this show inspired me to keep prayer and don't let anyone put you down because of who you are! Ellen I would love to get to meet you and to tell my story to never give up hope and stay strong and humble. I love you Ellen! im so excited about season 11!! I pray for you and this show daily. this is my favorite show and the only talk show i watch. Ive watch you since your tv series Ellen when i was a kid. The fact that you open your heart to everyone and dont discriminate inspires me to to never give up on paying my bills off. I will never give up on college because i cant pay for it right now. I will continue to pray and hopefully will get into nursing school and break new boundaries! I love you Ellen!

• This is a DAY TO BE KIND TO YOURSELF and ANOTHER...

I think you are great lady with a giant heart. You have open many great thought in mini closed minded people, young and old. People don't all have to be afraid to speck there peace and that is a blessing in itself. I am from a college town and to me you will see anything. That is great as long as no body get hurt. I think we should make it a way to have one day to be kind to one person or maybe three and help them to get better and call it (pay anyway) like the movie. You are the one to start it ,they will listen!!!!! thank you Jody from IOWA CITY IOWA
  • HEY ellen!!!

hey my name is Courtney im 14 I watch your show all the time you realy make me laugh the 3rd time I watched your show I went to the mental health doctors and I got dignoesed with depression I just want to thank you for bringing a smile to my ellen
  • I LET EVERYONE DOWN!!

hi my name is debbie im a mother of 2 i have alot of medical issues i'll be 49 on wednesday 14th my husband is disanled i've been in and out of hospital for kidney problems i'm diabetic severly my car quit and we had filed bankruptcy 3 yrs ago because of a major surgery i had got us way behind noone would finance us we finally got a car and now we are gonna loose it because of more medical bills we go to court for bills on the 27th and many more to follow i have insurance thru my work but its not enough but my biggest problem is letting my girls down they are 17 and 14 i desperately need to get them clothes and shoes for school and cannot i even had to borrow money for my daughters b-day just to have few friends over and get pizza for them. my oldest has gotten a job at arbys just to keep her car going and pay for all the senior stuff for school so she doesnt have to ask me and she is a honors student and juggles work and school just for me so i will stress less. I JUST CANNOT TAKE IT ANYMORE ELLEN!!! i cannot find a way out i'm so ready to give up i had total knee replacement 2 yrs ago so between that and my diabetes my debt never ends !!!! my kidneys are failing urine spilling into them cannot get weight off i lost aprox 100 pounds after my youngest was born now gaining it back skin hangs over causing raw painful irritation i just am at my end of the rope ready to tell all of them come get everything and stop seeing doctors i have been to probly 10 different doctors specialist in the last yr. THANKS FOR LISTENING YOU HAVE MADE ME SMILE MANY TIMES B4 THANKS AGIN

• Hello Ellen

I just want to tell your that I just Love your show im disable and all I do is plays games on my computer,well im not smart at all on this computer but I finnaly founf your sight im so happy Bless you Ellen you a
  • RIP Thailia

Dear Ellen, I just wanted to give you and your staff my condolences on the passing of this beautiful angel. I saw her many times on your show and how you made her so happy. Thank you over and over again for giving that joy. Pat
  • to ellen for help

i am watching your show 6-27-13 and I seen where you had helped a family that had sent a video about needing help. I am a 54 old grandma that is trying to keep her grandson and her from being homeless. His mother left him on May 27th due to drug addiction. and I have went to court and got tempary cousty but now my son who has been trying to help is unable. i get food stamps and i am unemployed and i am just trying to get help on my back rent of $1700.00 and my july bills that total about $650.00 so we are not on the street. I am sure you get this every day,but i thought i would give it a shot. thanks if you do read this
  • I love you :)

I love Ellen. I watch her show every single day! She is so funny, kind and caring. The way she helps those in need totally melts my heart. She plays the most creative games as well. She seems like such a fun person to be around. Definitely feel very entertained while watching the show. 10 seasons! Keep it up Ellen :)
  • Ellen's awesome

I lobe the show I've always been a fan
  • Hey Ellen just wondering if number 5 pic is you (lol)

20-horrible-prom-dresses-3692/20-horrible-prom-dresses/. sincerely a true fan.
  • my 4 yrs old kid

Good day ms. ELLEN this is my son NHIKZY VHEENCH CALMA & he is 4 yrs old and he really wants to show his talent on your thank you so much.....

PLS WATCH AND HOPE YOU LIKE IT.......

8qtk-V-va0E

• Make my dream come true

5.5
    Ellen I want to be in your show, help me to be THERE!! Your show it's so unbelievable
  • Hello a heart for a lovely single mother of three!!

Gosh Ellen, there wouldn't be anymore home makeovers. I have a medical condition called Spinal Stenios, along with what a super car wreck did to me. Oh and I can't forget that sweat, oops meant sweet post-menopause, blah. It's been two years since my car accident, so between the pain meds and the pain and side effects from the lookin up. Until Saturday and realized it was a dream, I had won some of the lottery. Just enough to do a little fixing up. Nothing fancy. But the real true reason is that I will have to lease my house(which needs the three boys tracks removed), in order to be forced to leave the area for any hope of a life again, which I have so much to give and desire to help those less fortunately than even myself.

Just another reason I love ya so helping others!! You Go girl!!

Love,

Joretta Fullington
  • Clementine2, DUH! & Zoomies!!!

Clementine2, you do realize the woman she did that 2 was not really is part of her crew that does goofy stuff for her. Also i am new & can't find how to post here's a link if some1 knows how to & thx 5jos0fsg
  • Ellen is an idiot

What part of pouring juice all over the face of a pregnant woman is supposed to be funny? It's not, it's just humiliating and junvenile. Ellen is a very generous person, but she needs to grow up when it comes to embarassing other people.
  • Lucky Mom's to Be

Dear Ellen...

I was just sitting here and watching your Mother's Day 2013 show. I am so envious of all those Mom's to Be that were in your audience and receiving all those fantastic things for themselves and new babies. Makes me wish I lived in the states and was on your show. Unfortunately, you didn't have a show when I had my baby almost 26 years ago. I must say, some of those gifts are absolutely fantastic. I especially liked that seat that moves and rocks the baby as if you were holding them and rocking them. Those Mom's who end up with a baby that is colicy and fussing alot will surely enjoy having that seat. I could have used that when my Son was three months old. I'll have to check your website to get the name of it and where it can be bought because one day I'm sure my Son will have a baby and that will be something I will buy it for sure.

wanted to tell you what a fantastic job you do and how much I enjoy watching your show every day because it is always a "Feel Good Show" and you are a fantastic host!!

Thanks in Canada you make us smile and laugh daily.

Sincerely,

Joan Elliott
  • So Far Away

Ellen! Oh Wow I really have had a hard time sending you a message. I'm not very good at the computer thing. Anyway I Love your show so much if anybody is talking in the room while I am watching your show I turn the . very loud, funny thing they just talk louder it cracks me up. Some day My Grand Daughter Maya and I are coming to see you she is 8. You truly are the funniest person I know you make life LIGHTER! You just crack me up! We Love You!
  • THank You ELLEN!

Ellen! You make our everyday better! I get up early in the . and get everyone off to where they need to be and well, I now record ur show and am one day behind due to a schedule change in the time ur show comes on here in Detroit. I couldn't let that change effect the way I start my day. I watch ur show after everyone leaves! Laugh so hard while I drink my coffee and then jump in the shower with a smile on my face and I try to spread that positive energy like a disease wherever I go! ;) again! thank you for being you. Being on ur show seems impossible, however, I beleive in no such word! So don't know when but I will see you soon! #keepnthefaith
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10