The Ellen DeGeneres Show

Weekdays on NBC Premiered Sep 08, 2003 In Season

aldaros23

The Ellen DeGeneres Show Fan Reviews page 7 of 11

• OMG What a show.

Wow. This show is the most the best talk show i have ever seen. Ellen starts off dancing. She dances with the crowd and sometimes dances over the table. Seriously the show starts off amazing. She has amazing segments and amazing guests. She has this new game called "Through the Wall or Take a Fall". That game is amazing. Ellen gives away a bunch of stuff. She lets us know what she has for lunch on her website. Seriously this show is a most see for people with a sense of humor and a tivo if you are not at home.
  • amazing talent throughout all age-groups

The Ellen DeGeneres Show is a talk show in its fifth season, approaching it's 700th episode. Hosted by star of Ellen and The Ellen Show, Ellen Degeneres. Featuring a unique mix of celebrity interviews, chart-topping and up-and-coming musical performances, audience participation games, and segments spotlighting real life stories, and amazing talent throughout all age-groups.

Ellen encourages a "negative-free zone", and trys to make everybody feel as if they are in the studio, even if they're sat at home. She regularily rings viewers and throughout regular segments within the show encourages people at home to send in videos, letters and even leave voicemail messages.

Unlike other ta lk-shows were the host is accompanied by a houseband, Ellen is joined by a in-house DJ. Since the start of the series, their has being four DJ's. Scotty K appeared in the first month of the show, Tony Okungbowa was the resident DJ from October in series 1 through to May in 2006 (Series 3), as Tony left Jonny Abrahams (Series 4) took over. With the new series, the new DJ Stryker is playing the music. What is a huge part of the show, as at the start of each programme, after delivering her opening monologue, Ellen dances with the audience, following on from this she does her signature dance across her coffee table.
  • Oprah....

this show beats yours so be scared. Ellen Degeneres is a cool person, she is a very fun host. She gives away a lot of stuff and dances on the show when the show opens and randomly in the middle. Ellen DeGeneres is very generous ha ha. Ellen also plays games, shares pictures and Internet video like some other talk shows do but Ellen DeGeneres just does it better somehow. Ellen's guest are also very cool they aren't always normal guest like celebrities.
    This is a great show and i will continue to watch it, i give this show a 10!
  • Its great

Well, I live in the UK so its not on much but when I do get to watch it I always love it! Although the ones that show in the UK are something like 2 months behind but that doesn't matter. The reason I love the show so much is because:

1. Ellen is actually so hilarious! She has a great personality and always seems to make me laugh =D

2. It always has amazing guest stars on. Older people and younger people like from the Disney Channel. She always knows the right paople to have on the show at the right time.

3. There is good music. There is usually a good performer at the end of the show, plus, I like the background music between scenes when they show the audience. Its really groovy =P

This show has everything and I think if you have never seen it you should devinitly give it a chance! 10/10. Way to go Ellen!!!
  • A talk show host.

Ellen is there, and Ellen is everywhere. Where ever I search "ellen" on TV.com, I find Ellen, I find the Ellen Show and I find the Ellen Degeneres Show. She is a very lucky role model, talking to famous celebrities, I think her dream came true. Capturing a dream is more than anything. Ellen is so hilarious, after watching clips on TV.com and watching at 5pm on TV, I really got the hang of Ellen Degeneres Show. It's like Ellen and the Ellen Show. Keep up your excellence Ellen, and keep up the great laughter. -peace out, from Halo ~Review out!
    I think Ellen's show is the best. I love her wacky sense of humor and all the music and dancing- she's so Ellen! This is as good as it gets when it comes to entertaining day time TV talk shows. Her show is always a joy to watch- easily one the brightest spots in my day when it comes to TV viewing. She's great with her guests be they celeb's or real people and she never fails to deliver something funny several times over with each show. She makes me laugh and smile on a daily basis- what more could you ask for? With laughter being the best medicine-Ellen must have one of the healthiest audiences out there.
  • Only talk show i watch!

Now I usually don't watch talk show, and am not into them. But i love The Ellen Degeneres Show! It is the one and only talk show that I will watch. It's funny and creative and has some good information in it! I love most of the actors that she brings on the show too!

If I had to recommend one talk show to someone this would definately be it. It's definately and attractive talk show to younger audiences (excluding children.) Don't get to watch The Ellen Degeneres show much becuase of school, but on my days off you better bet I will be watching it!
  • Read the review.

this show is absolutely my favorite show it makes me like jump the ellen show is something i can watch in the morning when im not in school its just wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow lol anyways i think thAt the show
    is funny it gives touch of cool with a touch of witty the jokes arent about people i think the like factor about the show is that people can watch and not here about celebrities constantly and not have to listen to jokes about the celeb's it realy is amazing it will probably never get cancelled theres nothing bad to say about this show and thats about it

watch this show every day!
    AGENT_P Out
  • I have always liked talk shows, and this is by far one of my favorites, I can't get enought of it.

On a 1 to 10 scale I would without a doubt give this show a 10, it is funny, fun to watch, good for the whole family, and always has something to catch your attention.

I watch it with my parents, my fiance, and my nieces, and nephews, and never one has there been an episode that was unsuitable for children.

This is the first show I have found that is like that, can make adults, and children laugh, nothing dirty, or foul.

I have loved her since she did stand up, and in my opinion there is no reason not to love this show.
  • even throgh its a talk show, ellen humor enjoys her aduience and viewers at home, everyone tune in at nbc 4pm to watch herzoey 101 is at their best, the gurl from malcom and the middle show her courage and pe rsonality on this hit show

even throgh its a talk show, ellen humor enjoys her aduience and viewers at home, everyone tune in at nbc 4pm to watch herzoey 101 is at their best, the gurl from malcom and the middle show her courage and personality on this hit show.------------even throgh its a talk show, ellen humor enjoys her aduience and viewers at home, everyone tune in at nbc 4pm to watch herzoey 101 is at their best, the gurl from malcom and the middle show her courage and personality on this hit show.------------even throgh its a talk show, ellen humor enjoys her aduience and viewers at home, everyone tune in at nbc 4pm to watch herzoey 101 is at their best, the gurl from malcom and the middle show her courage and personality on this hit show.-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  • She rock, she rule, Ellen degeneres ladies and gentelmen .. The Ellen degeneres show had it all .

She rock, she rule, Ellen degeneres ladies and gentelmen .. The Ellen degeneres show had it all. The way she handle the show is absoultly amazing. The Ellen degeneres show is brilliant. She's a role model for everyone when I say everyone I mean it because she's a great person with a great soul and for sure a great smile! Who doesnt love her, that attitude ladies and gentelmen got her 7 emmys and lots of love and respect. She saved lots of things days and lives . What can I say we adore her and cherish her. Ellen degerenes we love ya.
  • This Talk Show comes out of the studio of "a Very Good" Production" Studio in Burbank powered by Warner Bros. Television sent to Stations "NBC 6" in Miami, FL, "CBS 58" in Milwaukee, and NBC "4 New York," NY just to tease the a

The Ellen Degeneres Show comes out an extravaganza of
    monologues from her own mouth before Ellen Dances to the
    line of her middle audience to let the ladies dance with her,
    too! The special guest talks about her latest movie, TV
    episode, or guessing game. Next some kids make inventions or play games then Music by your singer, Country or Pop
    superstars one weekend at a time at the end of another "Ellen Degeneres Show taped in Los Angeles' WB Television
    Studio. This Entertainment Talk show is being seen on
    Stations like WHIO-TV7 in Dayton, OH, WDJT-TV, "CBS 58"
    in Milwaukee, WNBC-TV/DT, "NBC 4 New York," NY, and
    WESH-2 TV in Orlando-Winter Park, FL just to dance shortly
    and watch Ellen talk to a superstar like you!
  • The show is the greatest. I am a single mother who has a son who loves basketball. I told him I would write you one day and see if you would give my son the chance to meet his favorite basketball star, which is Kevin Garnett. So let me know your answer.ok

Hello Ellen, you have the best daytime talkshow I ever watched. Not only do you have celebrities on your show, you have those average joe's like me on your show. your jokes and dancing are the bomb, and I always dance with you when I watch the show. You keep it real and kick it at the same time. Keep up the good work, and tell your sexxy d j I said HI. I hope your back is fine so you can keep dancing. Be careful when you dance in the audience so you do not fall. t m
  • So funny

I love this show you never know what ellen's going to do. Ellen is so random that I never get tired of watching her. I haven't got to see any of her new season becasue of school but I bet its as graet as it was during the summer. I think Ellen should have animals every Friday. She could bring some werid animal on and interveiw it, like she did with the monkey. She hung upside down with it and talked to it, it was one of the funniest episods I think she has done. Ka Kwaaaaa ! ! !
  • Hilarious in her own kind of way.

7.3
    I love the ways she dances and how the way she doesn't care if she looks ridiculous. She's the kind of person I could picture myself being a close friend with. Humorous, but still capable of being serious. She could make nothing into something. Hum, I don't know what to say... a decent talk show.. if there was something else on, I would probably watch the other thing. But her cheerfulness and senseless humour makes you feel good.
  • Best talk show out there.

This show is the best talk show out there. It's funny and it has all of my favorite celebrities. Ellen is so funny. I love all of her different segments. Like Best Photo Ever, Wednesdays Wonderful World of Web Videos, and my favorite she doesn't do any more was the Fat Cat one. Ellen's show gets better and better every year. That's why she has won 6 daytime emmys. I am so happy that I found this show. I watch it everyday when I come home from school. It helps me relax. I love the Ellen DeGeneres Show and I hope it continues for a long time.
  • it ownz

i watch your show alot and im glad you like to dance and interact with your audience. i like how you call people and they go wild.u have a great personality.you have all the right stars on ur show. its so funny i give it at least a 2 thumbs up.i love ur comercials with the animals. and i like how you work with animals.i like it most when you go around town and interview someone. i like the songs you dance to and the bands that preform. i will probly watch it for a very long time and will buy all the seasons(if they come out that is...)GREAT SHOW!
  • It's hilarious, in my country they dont air the show because I live in a far arabic country I watch her her daily monologue on her website.

It's hilarious, in my country they dont air the show because I live in a far muslim country I watch her daily monologue on her website. she's funny make me laugh and brighten our day with her positive energy . she's fabulous she had her own way to make anything is funny and special, and always draw a smile on our faces. the show is so positive and talented . Creative idea's and genuinely funny. We need more shows like The Ellen Degeneres show to spread love and peace. That shows there's no difference between people because they share the smile. And that what Ellen degeneres doing to us. Uniting us by her laughter. Keep up the Good job Ellen. God bless you.
  • Ellen Degeneres hosts with jokes, celebrity guests and everyday people.

Ellen Degeneres is the funniest person on the planet period. No matter if you like the guests or not watch the show the comedy will have you laughing all day her jokes are original and in my opinion her dancing is the best. Have Ellen read the phone book it would be funny!
  • It is a talk show with ellen degenerous and is very funny.

The ellen show is one of the funniest shows that you will ever watch. Ellen is so funny and she loves doing this show. I watch it everyday and always laugh while i watch it. It is one of the best talk shows and is extremly funny. I also like this show because of the people that come on it. Ellen is always giving things away to the fans in every episode which is good. The ellen show is like oprah but with ellen degenerous. She is so hillarious sometimes and is always happy so it is a great show.
  • Ellen has guests on her show big or small

The premise of Ellen is similar to other daytime television talk shows, such as its supposed predecessors The Rosie O'Donnell Show and The Caroline Rhea Show. The program combines comedy, celebrity and musical guests, and human-interest stories. Unlike most talk shows, the show uses a disc jockey to supply music rather than a band. The program is not characterized as a tabloid talk show, nor does it give advice.[1]

Ellen is known for its use of recurring sarcastic jokes and gags, some of which have eventually petered out. Since the show's debut, DeGeneres has segued from her opening monologue by doing a dance. The dancing proved to be extremely popular with viewers, and has since progressed to a segment where DeGeneres dances into the audience, sometimes borrowing a coat or purse from someone's chair, and taking it with her. She has also featured a segment in which people teach her new dance moves.

Early popularity of the show resulted from DeGeneres making viewers feel as though they were a part of the family of crew and employees on the show itself. A popular staff member, aspiring stunt man Houston Rose (pronounced "How-Ston"), frequently featured during the first broadcast year. In a segment called "Have Houston Do It For You," he was sent to people's homes to help with tasks like putting up Christmas decorations or remodeling a bathroom. Other staff members included Jeff Cosgrave, who was set up on a variety of blind dates, and Nate Larson, who did the worm and played different characters.

As in The Rosie O'Donnell Show, DeGeneres often has audience participation games where prizes are awarded. During her Twelve Days of Giveaways promotion, she gives about $1,000 worth of prizes to the entire studio audience (and a handful of home viewers as well) for 12 days in a row leading up to Christmas. Because the show has become so popular, not all who arrive hoping to see a taping can fit into the studio, so an off-shoot space referred to as "The Riff Raff Room" was created. Persons seated here are often referenced and shown briefly on camera but watch the taping from off-stage.

DeGeneres's mother Betty DeGeneres regularly attended the show and was frequently featured on camera, but she stopped appearing regularly early in 2006 because she moved. Her chair was designated the Mama chair and special privileges are given to the audience member who sits in it.

Ellen has also helped many non-famous people attain their 15 minutes of fame by having them as guests on the show. Guests in this role have included intelligent children, the owner of a small shop called "Mostly Moose and More", a flea market owner who raps in his commercials, and a male audience member who refused to dance, named Carl by Ellen based on the way he looks, while his real name is Jim.

In the show's third season, a new part of the format was added, in which Ellen surprised fans by introducing them to their favorite celebrities. On May 18, 2006, the show celebrated its 500th episode.

Ellen premiered its fourth season on September 4, 2006 with a new set and on-screen graphics. Jon Abrahams replaced Tony Okungbowa as the DJ, as Okungbowa left on May 22, 2006 to advance his acting career in Hollywood. [1]

The show was featured in an episode on the NBC sitcom Joey, with the main character (Joey Tribbiani) as a guest star. It was also featured on an episode of the series Six Feet Under and The Bernie Mac Show, with Bernie Mac appearing as a guest. Still later, it was featured on an episode of the ABC show Extreme Makeover: Home Edition; while the Holmes family of Altamonte Springs, Florida was receiving a new home, they were in the audience during an episode of the show, and saw the unveiling of a secondary project of Ty Pennington's team, a turtle habitat, while there.
  • too funny!!

I think Ellen is one of the most funnest people i know. SHe can make you smile without even really haveing to try. I love how every show she comes out dancing to a song and the music does not stop till she sits down. She always has great actors and guests on her show. Her guest even get in on her goofyness sometimes. there was one episdoe I saw where she was dance through the audience and was picking up items that belonged to people in the crowd. When she sat back down she opened up a woman's purse and found her book in it. SHe signed it for her and then gave it back. She's great.
  • Ellen is amazing

Ellen Degeneres is amazing!!! I just finished reading one of her books and she writes exactly the way that she speaks, it's hilarious.
    I love how Ellen dances all the time on her show and is never in a bad mood. She's amazing, I love everything about her. I can never stop laughing when i watch it because she tends to look so serious when she jokes around and her facial expressions are what basically make the jokes as well. i also love how Ellen doesn't really wear girly clothing, she isn't afraid of wearing what she wants when she wants.
  • I love Ellen.

She has the best guests and when she doesn't know what to do she makes a joke or a silly sound.. and it absolutely works. She yodels. She yells gaaaaaah. I don't know of any other talk show host that has her energy. She's truly one of a kind. What other talk show host dances at the beginning of every episode? Her guests are light hearted and funny - she usally makes them play a game or do trivia with them. I'm not sure if it 's scripted but, it seems pretty realistic. She's come a long way since her earlier days in t and the talk show biz is really her nitch.
  • LOVE IT!!

Ellens Talk show>> Love it - need I say more!! Can't get enuff of it!! LoveIt Love It LoveIt LoveIt Love It
    Love It!!!!more below>> hehehe
    luv it luv it luv it - Absolutely Love This show-funny , quirky, sizzling, hot, cool guests on! funky happening, sizzles!! ahhh! This Show is so Hot I need an A/C to Cool Me Off- gotta get it, gotta have it- FANTASTIC< and definitely fabbo!! she sings she dances, she tells jokes- can't miss this show- I tape it if I know I won't be home, so I can see all the funny stuff she does-Love it!!!!!- Vicki from VA
  • The Ellen DeGeneres Show!

I was a big fan of Ellen's sitcom when it was on the air, and I was sad to see that it was canceled after she came out of the closet. I so very excited to see that she came back to television with her own talk show! I love this show! No matter who the guest is on the show, it always looks like they are having loads of fun on the set. And not to mention, I would love to be in the audience one day. Who doesn't want to dance with Ellen?
  • I really enjoy the show, it is uplifting, natural and shows alot of Ellen's personality.

Ellen you have alot of spirit, drive and you seem very down to earth. I watch the show every chance I get. Ellen if you could, it would be great, for you to give us your best wishes on Our 25Th wedding Ann. on April 3. I am not able to do what I have planed sooo we are going to have a nice dinner at home after work. Some day we might be able to celebrate it right.
    Thanks for your time
    darlene and tony
  • I have seen this show from the beginning and I would have to say Ellen is a genius. I love her way to take the simple things in life and confuse the hell outta herself.

Ellen's daytime talkshow has once again wished I had a night job. I love the pilot show and have caught the show religiously ever since. Her way to tell stories in her life are hilarious and very spontaneous. You would have to admit her dancing is comical but hey who wouldn't cut a rug with Ellen. Her way to ease the audience to just sit back have a good time and laugh is great. Ellen's guests come onto the show knowing they are gonna laugh and be at ease is good. Ellen has definately created an award winning show and the awards have prove that. Keep up the good work.
  • Greatest talk show in history

Sure, Oprah is good for more "serious" shows and such, and don't get me wrong I LOVE Regis & Kelly, but Ellen is just an absolutely amazing show. She mixes celebrity stuff with some ordinary people. The things she does for people is amazing. She's so giving and unselfish, I just love her. Everyday her show is unique and funny, I love watching Ellen at lunch time, it's one of the highlights of my day. I don't think anyone could ever go to the Ellen show, or even watch it on TV and say that it was a bad show, Ellen is one of those shows that no matter who her guest is, I'll watch the show. Other celebrity talk shows I usually only watch because I like the guest on the show for the particular day, but I watch Ellen 99% of the time to see Ellen. For example, tomorrow (Mar.14th/07) i'm tuning into Ellen to see Bob Barker, but also to see Ellen because she's amazing. I'd LOVE to see her in person at a taping of her show, there's never a dull moment when Ellen's around. Not only can she host a talk show, but CUDOS to Ellen on the Oscars, she should be the new permanent host to that show every year. I'd recommend everyone watches Ellen. (check your local listings)
  • OMG!!! one of the best shows ever...

Ellen you are like my favorite female conedian...you are hilarious...you are phenomenal...you have this wit about you that is soooo funny and I have seen a couple of your stand up things and wow you have me on the floor rolling and dont tell anyone but you might have made me boo boo my pants cause I was laughing so hard....PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE keep up the hilarious work...if you ever need someone to come on your show and just sit next to you and laugh all day...I will be more than happy to do so!!! Keep me in mind...
2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11