The Ellen DeGeneres Show

Weekdays 3:00 PM on NBC Premiered Sep 08, 2003 In Season

aldaros23

The Ellen DeGeneres Show Fan Reviews page 7 of 11

• Ellen is the most original host on television

Ellen's humor is often so funny and easy to relate to. I love the dancing during the beginning of her show, it adds a lax atmosphere and she comes off as an extremely warm and caring person (on television at least). She is open about her life without giving too much information, crying on the show because of her dog showed that extremely real side to her by showing that just like everyone there are days when you can't keep it together. She also interacts very well with her guests, she can be extrememly funny and joke with them without being condescending in anyway, I would def want to go on her show if I had to choose.
  • The Reason that Ellen DeGeneres Show is ahead of The Tonight Show With Jay Leno in the ratings is because Ellen gives away stuff almost every episode but Jay Leno he does not even give away a book. Ellen is Generous and Jay is Cheep but I love both shows.

The Ellen DeGeneres Show makes be laugh because Ellen is just talented. So do you agree that The Ellen DeGeneres Show and The Tonight Show With Jay Leno are in competition? because I'm not quite sure if they are or not. The reason that Ellen is throwing out her back all the time is because she is always dancing on her show because they were a lot of times that she came out on stage with, Crutches, Hospital Beds, Wheelchairs, ETC. I like the music selections that Ellen's DJ plays when it's time for a dance number. Keep up the good work Ellen!.
  • OMG What a show.

Wow. This show is the most the best talk show i have ever seen. Ellen starts off dancing. She dances with the crowd and sometimes dances over the table. Seriously the show starts off amazing. She has amazing segments and amazing guests. She has this new game called "Through the Wall or Take a Fall". That game is amazing. Ellen gives away a bunch of stuff. She lets us know what she has for lunch on her website. Seriously this show is a most see for people with a sense of humor and a tivo if you are not at home.
  • amazing talent throughout all age-groups

The Ellen DeGeneres Show is a talk show in its fifth season, approaching it's 700th episode. Hosted by star of Ellen and The Ellen Show, Ellen Degeneres. Featuring a unique mix of celebrity interviews, chart-topping and up-and-coming musical performances, audience participation games, and segments spotlighting real life stories, and amazing talent throughout all age-groups.

Ellen encourages a "negative-free zone", and trys to make everybody feel as if they are in the studio, even if they're sat at home. She regularily rings viewers and throughout regular segments within the show encourages people at home to send in videos, letters and even leave voicemail messages.

Unlike other ta lk-shows were the host is accompanied by a houseband, Ellen is joined by a in-house DJ. Since the start of the series, their has being four DJ's. Scotty K appeared in the first month of the show, Tony Okungbowa was the resident DJ from October in series 1 through to May in 2006 (Series 3), as Tony left Jonny Abrahams (Series 4) took over. With the new series, the new DJ Stryker is playing the music. What is a huge part of the show, as at the start of each programme, after delivering her opening monologue, Ellen dances with the audience, following on from this she does her signature dance across her coffee table.
  • Oprah....

this show beats yours so be scared. Ellen Degeneres is a cool person, she is a very fun host. She gives away a lot of stuff and dances on the show when the show opens and randomly in the middle. Ellen DeGeneres is very generous ha ha. Ellen also plays games, shares pictures and Internet video like some other talk shows do but Ellen DeGeneres just does it better somehow. Ellen's guest are also very cool they aren't always normal guest like celebrities.
    This is a great show and i will continue to watch it, i give this show a 10!
  • Its great

Well, I live in the UK so its not on much but when I do get to watch it I always love it! Although the ones that show in the UK are something like 2 months behind but that doesn't matter. The reason I love the show so much is because:

1. Ellen is actually so hilarious! She has a great personality and always seems to make me laugh =D

2. It always has amazing guest stars on. Older people and younger people like from the Disney Channel. She always knows the right paople to have on the show at the right time.

3. There is good music. There is usually a good performer at the end of the show, plus, I like the background music between scenes when they show the audience. Its really groovy =P

This show has everything and I think if you have never seen it you should devinitly give it a chance! 10/10. Way to go Ellen!!!
  • A talk show host.

Ellen is there, and Ellen is everywhere. Where ever I search "ellen" on TV.com, I find Ellen, I find the Ellen Show and I find the Ellen Degeneres Show. She is a very lucky role model, talking to famous celebrities, I think her dream came true. Capturing a dream is more than anything. Ellen is so hilarious, after watching clips on TV.com and watching at 5pm on TV, I really got the hang of Ellen Degeneres Show. It's like Ellen and the Ellen Show. Keep up your excellence Ellen, and keep up the great laughter. -peace out, from Halo ~Review out!
    I think Ellen's show is the best. I love her wacky sense of humor and all the music and dancing- she's so Ellen! This is as good as it gets when it comes to entertaining day time TV talk shows. Her show is always a joy to watch- easily one the brightest spots in my day when it comes to TV viewing. She's great with her guests be they celeb's or real people and she never fails to deliver something funny several times over with each show. She makes me laugh and smile on a daily basis- what more could you ask for? With laughter being the best medicine-Ellen must have one of the healthiest audiences out there.
  • Only talk show i watch!

Now I usually don't watch talk show, and am not into them. But i love The Ellen Degeneres Show! It is the one and only talk show that I will watch. It's funny and creative and has some good information in it! I love most of the actors that she brings on the show too!

If I had to recommend one talk show to someone this would definately be it. It's definately and attractive talk show to younger audiences (excluding children.) Don't get to watch The Ellen Degeneres show much becuase of school, but on my days off you better bet I will be watching it!
  • Read the review.

this show is absolutely my favorite show it makes me like jump the ellen show is something i can watch in the morning when im not in school its just wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow lol anyways i think thAt the show
    is funny it gives touch of cool with a touch of witty the jokes arent about people i think the like factor about the show is that people can watch and not here about celebrities constantly and not have to listen to jokes about the celeb's it realy is amazing it will probably never get cancelled theres nothing bad to say about this show and thats about it

watch this show every day!
    AGENT_P Out
  • 9999999999 clasic

Frederik g er toltal s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s
  • please help.

i need help and dont know where to go to ask for it from ellen degeneres... sorry im taking up your review page... my name is heather and i have a 3 year old daughter, her name is kennedy and she is the light of my world and ive been taking care of her on my own since she was growing inside my stomache...she is the ying to my yang... she means more to me than anything in this world... we need serious help from anyone who can help us... either redirect us to a number we can use or an address of some sort to help us .. i need a voice louder than my own... i am 23 years old and i've been a reception is my parents family business since 2000...i walk dogs and watch other kids around my way.. i love all the neighbor hood kids around my area... me and my daughter get outside and hand out Popsicles and prepare games to play for kids who parents are not around or just have problems on their mind and need a break ... most of the kids are living in a single mom household and dont have no one that will go out and play with them... i have found since i been playing with them that there is less trash to pick up around the area and less damage done to our hood because the kids just get bored and get into things they shouldnt my daughter thinks im a super hero and i think she is a princess... im trying to become an operating room specialist in the army and give me and kennedy a beautiful life with one another... we been by ourselves for so long and the only help and family we have both known .. is my intimidate family.. we love them so much... then last year out the a few months after kennedy turned two her father showed up and demanded i give him and his wife full custody of my babygirl since he now had his stuff together... i told him no of course.. what was i suppose to do? i wouldn't ever hand my baby over to some dead beat who left me because i GOT pregnate .. and now after she is two years old come at me like that?... he ended up suing me and i won full custody only because my stupid lawyer cut him a deal and pushed me to agree to it... it was like making a deal with the devil and i was all alone in the room with him... scared to death... not even a month went by and him and his wife were telling me they would kill me or manipulate the court system to get me out of the way since my own lawyer gave them a place to wipe their feet and walk through the door of taking her.. it got so bad i would look behind me just because or make sure the doors were locked in the house a few million times before me and kennedy went to bed... more time went by and he wasnt keeping up his end of the deal and started to set me up behind my back.. i didnt even have a chance to know what was going on... then july 20th they had a court date set behind my back by sending a man who wasnt even a process server to serve a young woman that the father of my child had picked out of a CROWD and said "yeah thats heather" .. the man told the court he didnt even ask the women her name .. just threw the papers in her basket because the father of my child picked her out...the man who served the woman lied in court and said he had been a process server for 25 years and was found out to be a liar and the records were pulled to show he was NOT able to serve.. the judge didnt care.. the paper work was wrong.. the judge didnt care... my name was wrong on the paper and the judge didnt care... it was all proven that he lied .. the papers were wrong and all the proof smacked him in the face and still the judge didnt care... i even went and had a hair test done because the father of my child and his wife who i dont even know said i was a druggie and a slut at the court date i didnt know about..so i paid 400.00 for a drug screening test to go back a whole YEAR and he cut FOUR large chunks of my hair out for this.. and it came back i was drug free and the judge didnt care.. had it been me that got served... i would have walked into that court room on that 20th day of July and would have been able to tell my story with no worries.. im drug free... i havent even have a boyfriend in over three years because the father of my child hurt me so bad mentally i cant even get close to man on any kind of level other than friends only... i make good money... take wonderful care of my baby... and have proof of everything i do for her...why wouldnt i show up??? there isnt one reason why i wouldnt... i had no reason to lie.. none what so ever.. the process server lied .. the father of my child and his wife lied.. yesterday we had another court date so i could defend myself from all the lies and the manipulation that went on... no one wanted to hear what i had to say because the judge thought i was lying about being the woman who was served and that woman wasnt even served correctly .. thats against the law and the judge didnt care.. and he even yelled at me in front of everyone in the court room about how he thought i was lying.. i also lost custody of my daughter solely because the judge thought i was the woman who was served.. i lost my baby because of this... it didnt even matter that im the best person for my child to be with.. ... i cant live like this...and i know the laws and i know that if this gets out .. this will make Washington county look real dumb.. but of course they think im just going to roll over and take this..the father of my child and his wife made comments and laughed because they got away with this.... my daughter shouldnt have to live with strangers in a house she doesnt even know... im a good mom and i had an unfair trial and i need help telling my side of the story .. please.. i have proof of everything and even transkirps of the court cases.. any fool could see what went on... i just need someone to get it out there and show the people that the father of my child lied and cheated his way to stealing my daughter out of my grasp. there is so much more going on and so much more proof of things.. ive talked to lawyers after lawyers they say i have a great case but there isnt nothing they will do they all are treating it like a case number and dont care about my child.. and it would be six months before i even get an appeal ... IF i even get to appeal it... the judge is even trying to send me to jail for perjury... and the man who served the papers stood in court and lied his as off but got a "hey good job thanks for coming out and testifying" .. i feel like i was raped in court yesterday of everything i stand for and what i live for and im putting my life on the line to protect people in America and this is what i get?? my daughter snatched out from under me... please help me and my daughter.
  • I have always liked talk shows, and this is by far one of my favorites, I can't get enought of it.

On a 1 to 10 scale I would without a doubt give this show a 10, it is funny, fun to watch, good for the whole family, and always has something to catch your attention.

I watch it with my parents, my fiance, and my nieces, and nephews, and never one has there been an episode that was unsuitable for children.

This is the first show I have found that is like that, can make adults, and children laugh, nothing dirty, or foul.

I have loved her since she did stand up, and in my opinion there is no reason not to love this show.
  • even throgh its a talk show, ellen humor enjoys her aduience and viewers at home, everyone tune in at nbc 4pm to watch herzoey 101 is at their best, the gurl from malcom and the middle show her courage and pe rsonality on this hit show

even throgh its a talk show, ellen humor enjoys her aduience and viewers at home, everyone tune in at nbc 4pm to watch herzoey 101 is at their best, the gurl from malcom and the middle show her courage and personality on this hit show.------------even throgh its a talk show, ellen humor enjoys her aduience and viewers at home, everyone tune in at nbc 4pm to watch herzoey 101 is at their best, the gurl from malcom and the middle show her courage and personality on this hit show.------------even throgh its a talk show, ellen humor enjoys her aduience and viewers at home, everyone tune in at nbc 4pm to watch herzoey 101 is at their best, the gurl from malcom and the middle show her courage and personality on this hit show.-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  • She rock, she rule, Ellen degeneres ladies and gentelmen .. The Ellen degeneres show had it all .

She rock, she rule, Ellen degeneres ladies and gentelmen .. The Ellen degeneres show had it all. The way she handle the show is absoultly amazing. The Ellen degeneres show is brilliant. She's a role model for everyone when I say everyone I mean it because she's a great person with a great soul and for sure a great smile! Who doesnt love her, that attitude ladies and gentelmen got her 7 emmys and lots of love and respect. She saved lots of things days and lives . What can I say we adore her and cherish her. Ellen degerenes we love ya.
  • This Talk Show comes out of the studio of "a Very Good" Production" Studio in Burbank powered by Warner Bros. Television sent to Stations "NBC 6" in Miami, FL, "CBS 58" in Milwaukee, and NBC "4 New York," NY just to tease the a

The Ellen Degeneres Show comes out an extravaganza of
    monologues from her own mouth before Ellen Dances to the
    line of her middle audience to let the ladies dance with her,
    too! The special guest talks about her latest movie, TV
    episode, or guessing game. Next some kids make inventions or play games then Music by your singer, Country or Pop
    superstars one weekend at a time at the end of another "Ellen Degeneres Show taped in Los Angeles' WB Television
    Studio. This Entertainment Talk show is being seen on
    Stations like WHIO-TV7 in Dayton, OH, WDJT-TV, "CBS 58"
    in Milwaukee, WNBC-TV/DT, "NBC 4 New York," NY, and
    WESH-2 TV in Orlando-Winter Park, FL just to dance shortly
    and watch Ellen talk to a superstar like you!
  • The show is the greatest. I am a single mother who has a son who loves basketball. I told him I would write you one day and see if you would give my son the chance to meet his favorite basketball star, which is Kevin Garnett. So let me know your answer.ok

Hello Ellen, you have the best daytime talkshow I ever watched. Not only do you have celebrities on your show, you have those average joe's like me on your show. your jokes and dancing are the bomb, and I always dance with you when I watch the show. You keep it real and kick it at the same time. Keep up the good work, and tell your sexxy d j I said HI. I hope your back is fine so you can keep dancing. Be careful when you dance in the audience so you do not fall. t m
  • So funny

I love this show you never know what ellen's going to do. Ellen is so random that I never get tired of watching her. I haven't got to see any of her new season becasue of school but I bet its as graet as it was during the summer. I think Ellen should have animals every Friday. She could bring some werid animal on and interveiw it, like she did with the monkey. She hung upside down with it and talked to it, it was one of the funniest episods I think she has done. Ka Kwaaaaa ! ! !
  • Hilarious in her own kind of way.

7.3
    I love the ways she dances and how the way she doesn't care if she looks ridiculous. She's the kind of person I could picture myself being a close friend with. Humorous, but still capable of being serious. She could make nothing into something. Hum, I don't know what to say... a decent talk show.. if there was something else on, I would probably watch the other thing. But her cheerfulness and senseless humour makes you feel good.
  • Best talk show out there.

This show is the best talk show out there. It's funny and it has all of my favorite celebrities. Ellen is so funny. I love all of her different segments. Like Best Photo Ever, Wednesdays Wonderful World of Web Videos, and my favorite she doesn't do any more was the Fat Cat one. Ellen's show gets better and better every year. That's why she has won 6 daytime emmys. I am so happy that I found this show. I watch it everyday when I come home from school. It helps me relax. I love the Ellen DeGeneres Show and I hope it continues for a long time.
  • it ownz

i watch your show alot and im glad you like to dance and interact with your audience. i like how you call people and they go wild.u have a great personality.you have all the right stars on ur show. its so funny i give it at least a 2 thumbs up.i love ur comercials with the animals. and i like how you work with animals.i like it most when you go around town and interview someone. i like the songs you dance to and the bands that preform. i will probly watch it for a very long time and will buy all the seasons(if they come out that is...)GREAT SHOW!
  • It's hilarious, in my country they dont air the show because I live in a far arabic country I watch her her daily monologue on her website.

It's hilarious, in my country they dont air the show because I live in a far muslim country I watch her daily monologue on her website. she's funny make me laugh and brighten our day with her positive energy . she's fabulous she had her own way to make anything is funny and special, and always draw a smile on our faces. the show is so positive and talented . Creative idea's and genuinely funny. We need more shows like The Ellen Degeneres show to spread love and peace. That shows there's no difference between people because they share the smile. And that what Ellen degeneres doing to us. Uniting us by her laughter. Keep up the Good job Ellen. God bless you.
  • Ellen Degeneres hosts with jokes, celebrity guests and everyday people.

Ellen Degeneres is the funniest person on the planet period. No matter if you like the guests or not watch the show the comedy will have you laughing all day her jokes are original and in my opinion her dancing is the best. Have Ellen read the phone book it would be funny!
  • It is a talk show with ellen degenerous and is very funny.

The ellen show is one of the funniest shows that you will ever watch. Ellen is so funny and she loves doing this show. I watch it everyday and always laugh while i watch it. It is one of the best talk shows and is extremly funny. I also like this show because of the people that come on it. Ellen is always giving things away to the fans in every episode which is good. The ellen show is like oprah but with ellen degenerous. She is so hillarious sometimes and is always happy so it is a great show.
  • Ellen has guests on her show big or small

The premise of Ellen is similar to other daytime television talk shows, such as its supposed predecessors The Rosie O'Donnell Show and The Caroline Rhea Show. The program combines comedy, celebrity and musical guests, and human-interest stories. Unlike most talk shows, the show uses a disc jockey to supply music rather than a band. The program is not characterized as a tabloid talk show, nor does it give advice.[1]

Ellen is known for its use of recurring sarcastic jokes and gags, some of which have eventually petered out. Since the show's debut, DeGeneres has segued from her opening monologue by doing a dance. The dancing proved to be extremely popular with viewers, and has since progressed to a segment where DeGeneres dances into the audience, sometimes borrowing a coat or purse from someone's chair, and taking it with her. She has also featured a segment in which people teach her new dance moves.

Early popularity of the show resulted from DeGeneres making viewers feel as though they were a part of the family of crew and employees on the show itself. A popular staff member, aspiring stunt man Houston Rose (pronounced "How-Ston"), frequently featured during the first broadcast year. In a segment called "Have Houston Do It For You," he was sent to people's homes to help with tasks like putting up Christmas decorations or remodeling a bathroom. Other staff members included Jeff Cosgrave, who was set up on a variety of blind dates, and Nate Larson, who did the worm and played different characters.

As in The Rosie O'Donnell Show, DeGeneres often has audience participation games where prizes are awarded. During her Twelve Days of Giveaways promotion, she gives about $1,000 worth of prizes to the entire studio audience (and a handful of home viewers as well) for 12 days in a row leading up to Christmas. Because the show has become so popular, not all who arrive hoping to see a taping can fit into the studio, so an off-shoot space referred to as "The Riff Raff Room" was created. Persons seated here are often referenced and shown briefly on camera but watch the taping from off-stage.

DeGeneres's mother Betty DeGeneres regularly attended the show and was frequently featured on camera, but she stopped appearing regularly early in 2006 because she moved. Her chair was designated the Mama chair and special privileges are given to the audience member who sits in it.

Ellen has also helped many non-famous people attain their 15 minutes of fame by having them as guests on the show. Guests in this role have included intelligent children, the owner of a small shop called "Mostly Moose and More", a flea market owner who raps in his commercials, and a male audience member who refused to dance, named Carl by Ellen based on the way he looks, while his real name is Jim.

In the show's third season, a new part of the format was added, in which Ellen surprised fans by introducing them to their favorite celebrities. On May 18, 2006, the show celebrated its 500th episode.

Ellen premiered its fourth season on September 4, 2006 with a new set and on-screen graphics. Jon Abrahams replaced Tony Okungbowa as the DJ, as Okungbowa left on May 22, 2006 to advance his acting career in Hollywood. [1]

The show was featured in an episode on the NBC sitcom Joey, with the main character (Joey Tribbiani) as a guest star. It was also featured on an episode of the series Six Feet Under and The Bernie Mac Show, with Bernie Mac appearing as a guest. Still later, it was featured on an episode of the ABC show Extreme Makeover: Home Edition; while the Holmes family of Altamonte Springs, Florida was receiving a new home, they were in the audience during an episode of the show, and saw the unveiling of a secondary project of Ty Pennington's team, a turtle habitat, while there.
  • too funny!!

I think Ellen is one of the most funnest people i know. SHe can make you smile without even really haveing to try. I love how every show she comes out dancing to a song and the music does not stop till she sits down. She always has great actors and guests on her show. Her guest even get in on her goofyness sometimes. there was one episdoe I saw where she was dance through the audience and was picking up items that belonged to people in the crowd. When she sat back down she opened up a woman's purse and found her book in it. SHe signed it for her and then gave it back. She's great.
  • Ellen is amazing

Ellen Degeneres is amazing!!! I just finished reading one of her books and she writes exactly the way that she speaks, it's hilarious.
    I love how Ellen dances all the time on her show and is never in a bad mood. She's amazing, I love everything about her. I can never stop laughing when i watch it because she tends to look so serious when she jokes around and her facial expressions are what basically make the jokes as well. i also love how Ellen doesn't really wear girly clothing, she isn't afraid of wearing what she wants when she wants.
  • I love Ellen.

She has the best guests and when she doesn't know what to do she makes a joke or a silly sound.. and it absolutely works. She yodels. She yells gaaaaaah. I don't know of any other talk show host that has her energy. She's truly one of a kind. What other talk show host dances at the beginning of every episode? Her guests are light hearted and funny - she usally makes them play a game or do trivia with them. I'm not sure if it 's scripted but, it seems pretty realistic. She's come a long way since her earlier days in t and the talk show biz is really her nitch.
  • LOVE IT!!

Ellens Talk show>> Love it - need I say more!! Can't get enuff of it!! LoveIt Love It LoveIt LoveIt Love It
    Love It!!!!more below>> hehehe
    luv it luv it luv it - Absolutely Love This show-funny , quirky, sizzling, hot, cool guests on! funky happening, sizzles!! ahhh! This Show is so Hot I need an A/C to Cool Me Off- gotta get it, gotta have it- FANTASTIC< and definitely fabbo!! she sings she dances, she tells jokes- can't miss this show- I tape it if I know I won't be home, so I can see all the funny stuff she does-Love it!!!!!- Vicki from VA
  • The Ellen DeGeneres Show!

I was a big fan of Ellen's sitcom when it was on the air, and I was sad to see that it was canceled after she came out of the closet. I so very excited to see that she came back to television with her own talk show! I love this show! No matter who the guest is on the show, it always looks like they are having loads of fun on the set. And not to mention, I would love to be in the audience one day. Who doesn't want to dance with Ellen?
2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11