The Ellen DeGeneres Show

Weekdays on NBC Premiered Sep 08, 2003 In Season

aldaros23

The Ellen DeGeneres Show Fan Reviews (319)

• Big Double Standard

Every day another celebrity comes forward accusing someone of sexual harassment that occurred years ago. The "me too" movement is a great thing and all sexual misconduct should be brought to light. What about the objectification of men Ellen does on her show in a regular basis? If a male talk show host did to women what she does to men, there would be lawsuits brought against them. I am tired of her parading shirtless men out and treating them sex objects. Double standard!
  • Be kind to one another?

Ellen ends each show with these words yet every day she bashes Trump and anything to do with him, I get the picture, You don't like him and that is fine BUT how can you preach to be kind to one another. Is it be kind only to those you like? How about practicing what you preach!
  • Disappointed

5.5
    I have been a fan of yours for years, but your political comments the other day when Oprah was your guest were really disappointin. During our last election there were enough people in this nation that wanted change and the entire entertainment industry seem to think we are all idiots. This Country was built on freedom that goes both ways. I feel you should entertain and keep your views to yourself unless you plan to run for office. I will no longer be a viewer.
  • Not so funny

I was watching your show on January 17 and you were telling how you stubbed your toe and was bleeding a lot and not you are an amputee. Really? That is a truly sick joke to those of us who really ARE amputees. I haven't been watching your show very much lately because I am sick of you shoving your political views down my throat but now I am definitely not watching. It's time to grow up.
  • Good Show

Ellen is very positive. Although,she doesn't seem into some of the interviews. (Almost seems down). She does seem to genuinely care about people. I rarely watch because of all the games. Boring to watch. I love the way she helps others .
  • I gotta say, this show is really awesome.

Ellen is funny, sweet and just so upbeat all the time. I love how all the celebrities make a guest appearance in this show. It's like they were all close. This show is obviously fun to watch, and Ellen is just the greatest person in the whole planet.
  • No one should ever want to be a celebrity

Ellen DeGeneres isn't the only problem. No one should ever want to be a celebrity because celebrities, unknowingly, are destroying other people's lives, marriages, and families. The very purpose of being a celebrity is to honor and exalt oneself on high like Lucifer did while he was still a good angel in heaven. Spiritual greatness requires the absence of social and financial greatness that comes with being a celebrity. Jesus Christ is the greatest Man who ever lived because He was never nor ever will be a celebrity. I know in my heart that I will never lower myself to the level that Ellen DeGeneres or any other celebrity is committed to. I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy. The solution is to avoid social media whenever possible, especially TV and the Internet, and do our good deeds in secret (behind closed doors) just like Jesus said in Matthew 6 in the Bible. In the meantime, while we wait for people like Ellen DeGeneres to repent of the sin of being a celebrity, we must stop communicating with them at all costs (in person or on the phone) so they can understand how wrong it is to be a celebrity.
  • Ellen

Every time I watch Ellen, she makes me cry when she makes people happy, it's so nice seeing those who struggle given something to them, Ellen carry on who you are never change.
  • Serious as a heart attack in Texas.

My husband loves watching Ellen and tries to do her dance moves. On a daily basis Coach Henry enjoys tuning into your shows and dance. Now he has a serious heart condition which has put him in jeopardy of a heart transplant. But still does not stop him from watching. When he is too tired to dance he taps his walking cane on the floor to the beat. In his career as a defensive coordinator he has trained over several NFL players from Texas and taught them how to dance and move on the football field. Hopefully you will receive this letter from deep in the heart of Texas.
  • Dances in the hearts of Others-Awesome!!

Awesome Show, Ellen is so real and I love that she is herself, Ellen all of the time. It is obvious she loves people and has a big heart. I don't do much TV but i love the Ellen Show and what she continously does for people and the community.
  • Wish we had a show like ELLEN in India!

I watch all your episodes and when not on TV I try to catch up online. I simply love ELLEN and I think what she does is amazing and beyond belief. There is absolutely no other show that is remotely close. The way the talent is identified, people are invited to the show is simply SOUPERB and I say the SOUPerb on purpose, its just so inspiring. If I could ever be invited, I would love to come all the way from India entirely at my expense just to be a part of the audience. Amazing Ellen. Good luck and three cheers! You simply of love from INDIA. .
  • a GREAT GROUP TO SEE

CELTIC THUNDER (AN IRISH GROUP) WOULD LOVE TO SEE THEM ON YOUR SHOW.
  • Please help me to SEE

I watched you Christmas Show and I know I'm real late like always but want someone to read this please! My daughter Corie is 42 and has had Arthritis since she was 3. She also has it attack her eyes so now she's blind in her right eye! If you see her you would say she's the cuties little thing and greatest personality. So yes she has a large load to carry for such a small girl. She's married works as a PTA just went back to school to get her BDS to make more money. She has two wonderful children that gives 100% to family and school. Her oldest daughter Faith has been in the newspaper, on TV and also in a book. Her son is just as wonderful. Accepted to a out of town school for advantage students. Now of this have put her family behind but Please Ellen with all that she has done as her mother I would love for her, her family and brother with his family to go on a trip. Since they can't afford it and before she totally goes blind that would be fantastic to see and island and the weather along with the ocean make her feel so much better! I don't know if you ever would since this is a review. But I'm putting the review on you Ellen to help the one's that truly help others!
  • The reason I no longer watch television

While watching yet another ellen show I became aware of how predictable every minute of it was. It was like wearing the same shirt every day for years. That was it. I unplugged it and haven't looked back. How this stuff stays on the air as long as it does is beyond me. Nothing challenges us anymore and is only marginally entertaining. I think people develop a habit of watching the same crap day in and day out. Just more and more drivel with glossy packaging and big money give-aways to keep the sheep in the queues. Ellen had a unique opportunity to create something truly different and what we got was another blister packaged, cheap knock off of been-there-done-that with a production budget that could feed millions.
  • My Heroes

Dear Ellen,

I love your show, I watch it everyday. I just finished watching the story about Drew Brees and the two friends. I bawled like a baby, I am so glad you were able to share that with the world. You use your forum to do so many good things. It also impresses me that you are an astounding business woman. The world could use more people like you.

I wanted to tell you about two of the heroes in my life. The first one is my 76 year old mother-in-law, Rosalie Taylor. She raised four beautiful children and has been a part of my life for the last 40 years. She has inspired me to be a better person through her actions. At this moment in time she is the total care giver for my 81 year old father-in-law, he has Alzheimer's. A devastating disease I know about first hand, my mother passed away because of it. Mom T fixes all of his meals, cleans him up, administers his medications, exercises him, everything. I know she gets very tired, but she never complains.

They lived in a beautiful home in Preston, MO for 16 years. They tried to sell their home for 2 years, but were unable to. The house is in the middle of a forest on a rock road and a 30 minutes or more drive to almost everything. Not everyone wants to live that far from amenities. They loved it, but it became apparent that staying there with my father-in-law being ill, that the situation had to change.

That brings me to my second hero, my brother-in-law, Jeff Taylor. He knew his parents were suffering and he said forget the house and come to Dallas, TX and live by me, he lives in Murphy, TX, just outside of Dallas. He found them a very nice one bedroom apartment 3 miles from his house. My in-laws sold their vehicles and for the last year he takes them to all their appointments, shopping, etc... He is fortunate he is an entertainer, he plays a beautiful trumpet. He has time during the day between rehearsals and bookings to help them with whatever they need. He is always there for them. Jeff and his wife in the last few years have purchased two cars from my in-laws to help with their bills. Unfortunately when they moved they were still making $900.00 a month house payments and added the $1,100.00 payment for the apartment to their already tight budget. They live on Social Security and my father-in-law's pension. The kids knew their parent's were financially strapped and did what they could, but it wasn't enough.

Jeff is a cancer survivor, he was diagnosed 8-10 years ago with severely advanced stomach cancer. He has since had lymph nodes removed that were cancerous, but he remains positive and upbeat. Recently he has been diagnosed with an Aortic Aneurysm and I believe a misshapen heart valve, it is hard to know because he doesn't like to complain. I get most of my information from Mom T. He started the Tinman Band a few years back and they are very popular in the Dallas area. He signed with an agent a couple of years ago that keeps him booked, but if he is unable to work he doesn't get paid, something I know you understand all too well.

He is always willing to help out in his community, he has played for cancer benefits, donating his time and expertise. I am not sure how often because he doesn't like to brag. One other interesting caveat he played at Bill Clinton's brother's wedding during Bill Clinton's presidency. He got to meet the president and got a signed trumpet case and great picture with the president. He has also traveled a lot of the world to play trumpet. He feels very blessed.

Jeff hated to see his parents so strapped financially that recently he purchased their home in Preston to get them out from under their house payment. He also saw my father-in-law deteriorating and he and his wife invited my in-laws to live in their home, they plan to move in two or three weeks. He doesn't have a lot of money, but it is a good income and his wife works as well. Their house is not tiny but they could use some more space, it is about 1700 square feet. Their son has rebounded and moved back home a few months ago. He plans to move out in Jan. Jeff's wife works from home, so space is at a premium. My heart goes out to my wonderful family and I know the stress they must be under, but they are managing very well. They are just rolling with what life gives them and doing the best they can. That and the extraordinary things they do because they love and care about each other makes them heroes.

I hope this is not too long and I appreciate the time you have taken to read this. Thanks so much and I hope you and Portia are doing great.

Oh by the way, I have recently moved to your home state of Louisiana, Youngsville, and I love it here.

Sincerely,

Mary Taylor

(337) 573-7053
  • Ellen has class!

I was so happy that you had miss Colorado on your show. "The view" could learn a thing or two from you. It is nice to see that there are still entertaining shows around that don't insult other people.
  • To ellen

Hi my name is Nika Pernek and i'm 12 year watch your show every realy want to be on your show very far know me and my family are from i really adore really want to come to your hope u will make my dream come true
  • Shocked

I've always been fan of Ellen and Oprah.. But Oprah on the show re. Selma Al and Oprahs version of Dumb Al accent.. blacks we get mad about whites maulking us, then to see OW who we regard as above all that almost Godly.. Just wrong!!! That's like saying ok Blacks make fun of whites yet how dare whites make fun of blacks.. I was just shocked at Oprah...
  • my dream

I wish I could be on your show :( WHEN IS MY WISH GOING TO EVER COME TRUE :'(
  • 12 Days of Giveaways

Day one of Ellen's 12 Days of Giveaways, and the only things she gave away were gift cards. Has it always been this way and I didn't notice?
  • Is Ellen tired of being on the show?

The guests are enthusiastic and usually a lot of fun, and there are some pretty amusing additional segments such as games.

However, I find Ellen herself to be a problem. Now I have only recently started to casually watch the show, so I'm not sure if it's a new thing. She has an indifferent interviewing technique, which makes her seem to be lacking in warmth or presence: she seems to shoot out questions without even listening or reacting to the anecdotes that the guests animatedly tell, then rushing on to the next random question that is totally unrelated to what the guest was saying.

All and all, Ellen often appears not to be that keen to even be there. The entertaining guests do make up for for a lot, and when Ellen gets going she can be very witty, but the lukewarm and rushed hosting is currently a bit of a problem.

The live audience, however, seems to worship her, as a long segment is always devoted to audience screaming and Ellen dancing. Might be exciting if you're present, but for home audiences it is pretty tedious.
  • Ellen Shop

I might be a fan of Ellen Tv BUT I don't approve of her merchandise shop!

3 months ago I put a $100 clothes order in.... I still dont have it.

after countless emails to customer service people, I have nothing! I'm Very Disappointed, no merchandise & I'm out $100

Ellen's shop sucks
  • sheep on Tuesday June 24th show

there was 6 sheep on todays show.
  • HE DID IT!!!

YES! Keith Urban said *parrot breath*!!! LOL

• U r amazing

I watch your show every time I can. U make my day and make me smile even when I don't feel like it. U r hilarious. You have such a kind heart and make peoples dreams come true. God bless your heart,
  • ellen gets to Africa!

Watching you show where you talked about customer service. This fan wants you to make your dream to come true!! Go to Africa!! It is your dream. You give us so much!! I want you to make the trip you want!!

I'm a huge that is what I want to make me happy :-) Have fun in Africa!!!

Love you for giving me reasons to smile :-)
  • Love U Ellen de Degeneres ( Ellen d generous)

Ellen I can't tell u how much I love u and Ur show. I live in India and keep sending you jokes, riddles etc on email. Not too sure if you read all the mails and entertain mails received from India. I wud love to meet u in know how and when but is my desire. I enjoy every minute of Ur show and never miss it. But from yesterday it's not being telecasted at 3pm. And I missed 2 shows. Ur the best, Ur program is the best and Ur works are the best. Keep up the good work of making everyone laugh.

Ur program score is rated >10 by me

Love you

Rachel
  • From Germany

Hi Ellen, the world need much more people like you. I watch your shows on YouTube in Germany and it is fantastic to see how you colaborate with people who need realy wish there would be more people like you . Have a fantastic Christmas and all the best for 2014.

Kind regards

Hilke
  • Kind Ellen

I have been a constant fan of you and your tv show for many years now.. I am glad we are watching the same episodes that you have on Live there but just one day after.... As long as I get to watch your show I am happy.

I live in a city called Mumbai in India.. Wish you could make a trip down here.. You must have heard alot of stories about this place but its a place to see... I am a stay at home mom, married to a wonderful man who is retired at the moment.. We have 3 wonderful sons.. All grown up. But life is not the same as it used to be since my husband had to retire 5 years ago due to health issues.. We were from rags to riches to rags.. Unfortunately... He used to work on an oil rig for 32 years.. We had it good then, made a couple of bad investments which led us to what we are today.. But by the grace of God we are okay... There are alot of people worse off than us so I cannot complain..

I was watching the last show where you gave your audience tickets to the 12 days of giveaways.. And that was truly that old lady how wonderful... Wow! I kept telling my husband if only we were there can you imagine it would have been a dream come true.... Unfortunately we are so far away and cannot really afford to come to the United States of America.. I have my mom-in-law who by the way is 93 years old living with her daughter in Houston.. I have been there on tickets paid by them of course. The last time my husband and I visited Houston was in 2010 and he wanted to surprise me by taking me to see your show but my sis-in-law said it was too expensive so he dropped the idea... Oh well, it was just not meant to be....

But I just love your show and never miss an episode and if I do, I record it and watch it later on... God Bless you Ellen, you are truly and inspiration to one and all and you are so true to your words at the end of every show.. Be kind to one another .. And that is just what you are.... Love you.... My fingers crossed that the coming year will be a good year for us.. As this year 2013 has been a terrible one for us. From beginning to can't say what is instore for us as we haven't reached the end as yet... If you do get this may you truly have a wonderful Thanksgiving with all your loved ones... God Bless once again....

Sincerely yours,

Dallas deMello

• The world should be full of more "Ellens"

It's hard to find a more compassionate, kind hearted, generous person, who can also make you laugh. I love everything about Ellen and we can all learn something from her. The world would be a more wonderful place if there were more people like her.