The Ellen Show Forums

CBS (ended 2002)

Dvd

noamateursinner

[1]Jan 16, 2006
    • level: 3
    Anyone heard if these episodes will be put on DVD. Or was I the only one who that the show was hilarious?!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

KWatt89

[2]Jan 18, 2006
    • level: 16
    Haven't heard nothing. Wish they would put it on DVD. I think Ellen is the funniest woman on TV!!
    Have the show 'Ellen' on DVD, waiting for the next seasons.

jjackson411

[3]May 1, 2006
    • level: 19

From TVshowsondvd.com

Ellen Show, The - 2001 DeGeneres Sitcom Heads To DVD This July

Posted by David Lambert

5/01/2006

What's a small-town girl turned L.A. businesswoman to do when her high-profile, high-finance start-up Internet company goes belly up? she reacts by saying goodbye to her dot-com world and escaping to her hometown to regroup – where the misadventures are only about to begin.

Sony Pictures Home Entertainment is announcing today the July 11th release of The Ellen Show - The Complete Series. The 2-DVD set will contain all 18 episodes of the 2001 series, in the original full-screen video and with English Stereo audio. No extras are on board other than "bonus previews".

The run time is 399 minutes, and that's long enough to enjoy the antics of stars Ellen DeGeneres, Martin Mull (Roseanne), Cloris Leachman (The Facts of Life, The Mary Tyler Moore Show), Kerri Kenney (Reno 911!), comedian Jim Gaffigan and Emily Rutherford. Don't forget to look for guest stars like Mary Tyler Moore, Ed Asner, John Ritter, Maureen McCormick, Betty White, and a 6-or-7 year old Dakota Fanning as "young Ellen". Cost is just $29.95 SRP. Stay tuned and we'll bring you cover art as soon as it's available.

tansydog

[4]Aug 15, 2006
    • level: 4
    I recently bought this DVD set (just because Ellen was in it, I'd never even heard of the show - did it ever air in the UK?) and I can't believe it was cancelled so quickly, I thought it was brilliant.

Highly recommended DVD set. Buy one today!!

JetSetUNITED

[5]Nov 16, 2006
    • level: 2
    Yeh it did air in the UK, on the cable channel Paramount comedy. But they stuck it on at noon everyday. After they had shown every episode twice they took it off.
    The DVD is great and like all Sony TV DVD releases (Just shoot me, NewsRadio etc.) the DVD is not region encoded so you can play it anywhere in the world!

bruins1968

[6]Nov 8, 2008
    • level: 9
    Just bought a copy of the series, Good show, compared to what is on now it was ahead of its time.