The Emperor's New School

Disney Channel (ended 2008)

flohoswald

The Emperor's New School Fan Reviews (131)

• As much as I love The Emperor's New Groove I just don't like this show

4.5
    This show seems pretty bad the plots are dumb and just don't make much sense why does Kuzco have to go back to school? him being in school that would make more sense if this took place before the movie wasn't Kuzco supposed to go through character development at the end of the first movie? why is he still selfish? why is Kronk working with Yzma again after he got tired of her and tried to get her with a chandelier? not to mention they keep reusing jokes from the movie and it gets old sure there are some funny parts and I kinda like the Kuzco's doodles thing and I don't mind the new character Malina the "hotty hot hotty" according to Kuzco but most of this show is pretty bad in my opinion I know there are some people that like this show and I respect their opinion but I'd rather stick with the original movie but I guess this is better than the land before time and all dogs go to heaven tv shows but it's still not good
  • This is a core cartooon.

This was a very popular show in my opinion. I can still talk about this show too. Its Nostalgic.
  • Why?!

4.5
    just don't get it! I mean, it's fine I guess, Who thought that this would be a good idea?! Okay, I digress. As a huge fan of the movie this show was based off of, I suppose it's not doing anything terrible, but it's just not as good as the movie, not even remotely close! All right, let's talk about the characters. Kuzco is still the same old asshole he was in the movie, so I guess he's fine. Yzma is still the scheming, hilarious villain, so she's fine. But with the other characters, what the hell happened?! Pacha's trying to act like Kuzco's dad now, and honestly, he's even more boring and one-dimensional than he was in the movie! The leading girl and Kronk, I swear, they suffer from schizophrenia or something. One minute the girl likes Kuzco, the next she hates his guts, then she like him again, what?! And Kronk kind of switches between Yzma's henchman and Kuzco's friend and even sometimes the main focus of the episode? There's not an explanation for it, like the explanation they gave him in the film for his reasoning to spare Kuzco, he's I don't get it. And the next problem I have with the show is that, the running gags are fucking annoying! The jokes in the film were really funny in moderation, but when you shove it down our throats like they do in the show, it's just not that funny! The lever gag is tired, the secret lab roller coaster is tired, Kronk always forgetting who Principal Amzy really is gets really, REALLY tired, and why the hell do they have this random section in the middle called Kuzco's Doodles? It's fucking stupid! In fact, why the hell didn't they bring back Kronk's conscience as a running gag, at least that could be funny EVEN if you shoved it down our throats. Bottom line is, I guess I just don't like the show, nor the concept for that matter. It's stupid, it's tired, it's cliched, it's just plain STUPID!
  • Great show.

I loved this show.
  • One of my favorite shows ever

I wish this was still on Disney Channel. This and Kim Possible were awesome. I like Phines & Ferb too. I really don't get Fish Hooks and Gravity Falls.
  • Not One Of My Top Two Favorite Disney Animated Series.

When I first got into checking out this Walt Disney Television Animation/Disney channel original production, I thought it was fine. But then, after deciding to read mostly the lower rated reviews of this to see what I had been missing and why some others weren't feeling it as much as others, I contemplated on re-evaluating my original thoughts on it. I mean, I still find it to be just fine, but not as great as some certain, other Disney animated t.v. programs.

First of all, what got me to rethink about this is the fact that it's not a completely original series, as it was spun off of the original movie and sequel. Now most viewers tend to dislike most shows spun off of movies and I presently I can understand or see why. All the Disney t.v. cartoons that were spun off from some of the movies often are not as great in most eyes. I think that the completely original programs by Disney are better. There's less problems of not being consistent for one thing with those. Secondly, most of the Disney cartoon series that originated on the Disney channel, I agree just aren't as great as those that originated on other channels before it. It makes me wonder if whether there had been more up-to-par shows and they never initiated on that channel, would it had mattered if their quality would've been marred. I wonder if that may have played a part as the problem and not just the company/studio/network choosing less than superb projects on which to take. Most of those I find to be unimpressive from some of the reviews I've read. I never thought I'd ever see the day that Disney, Nick and Cartoon Network would sell out, I never thought it would ever come to this. If they continue to be too much about business and not enough about other important things in addition to it as well, then I'm sorry and I hate to say it as much as it pains me, but then to the nether-world with them. I'm just not feeling what all those three have become in recent years for the most part. By the way, my two most favorite, Disney animated series are House of Mouse and Fillmore, both of which I put ahead of this and especially some certain, other shows coming out of WDTA.

I'm not quite sure what other reasons why aside from what I just mentioned I'm not into this one as much as certain others. Things that others have pointed out that they find wrong with this show are the jokes from the original movie being overused. I didn't see that as a problem when watching episodes that involved them, maybe due to not watching the movie enough times to become well familiar with and remember them all. Somebody pointed out that he or she thought/presumed that this series was going to have Kuzco as one of the faculty rather than having to be a student and attend in order to regain his status as emperor and the throne. Now that never even crossed may mind as a possible/probable premise, that sounds much better of what could've been instead. Another flaw that some may find is Kuzco having revert to his old ways and personality. There are more that others have already brought up, except for probably the odd-for-Disney out-there moments.

Anybody who hasn't already seen this is free to be my guest and check it out anyway if anybody likes, and play judge or critic. Let's just hope that the next, new series, Gravity Falls, will be better than a number of past shows by WDTA/the Disney channel. But knowing how they practice currently, I doubt it. I hope I come across some future program by Disney that will impress and grab me as much as Fillmore again.

• The Emperor's New School is a Disney cartoon based off the Emperor's New Groove, a movie that did mediocre in the box office but well on DVD and VHS sales.

Emperor's New School is an interesting premise for a show, or, rather, it would be if Disney hadn't based a lot of their cartoons off movies. (This seems to be the trend these days). Since it lacks that in the orginality department, perhaps it shall redeem itself in other ways. Unfortunately for it, ENS has not yet managed that feat. In fact, very little of it can be called original in any sense.

For its own benefit, at least the jokes are amusing (when they're not stolen directly from the movie) and the characters not particularly bothersome. Like most cartoons, it falls flat on characterization, whereby the only character fleshed out fully is Kuzco. Since the story is based around him, one would only expect so much. However, it would be nice if the other characters were not written unevenly or, in the case of a few, having their back stories contradicted. Things stated a few episodes ago can be trashed later without the writers noting them in the least.

Historical inaccuracies pepper ENS, too, and most of the time, they're either a minor annoyance- or a big problem. The writers don't seem to want to educate anyone about the Incas. They would rather take the easy way out.

That being said, I'm not sure why I love Emperor's New School. Some episodes are literally the worst cartoon episodes I've seen, and I've watched Aladdin: The TV series, with its nonsensical plots and contraptions. The characters, particularly Malina, are inconsistent. Maybe I'm holding out for a really good episode or maybe ENS, like Kuzco, has a charm all its own.
  • I love this show.

How could anyone dislike or never have heard of this show? I think that it is a great show and deserves more recognition and praise than shows like Family Guy or South Park. Of course the gags are repeated from the movie in the first season but, I thought that that was the perfect start to introduce the show and it's too bad that they don't carry that as the show progresses. The movie was all right. It wasn't exactly the best but, it was all right and as far as I'm concerned, I'm glad that Kuzco's voice changed. It's one of the reasons why I watch this show in the first place. What I don't like about the show is Kuzco's selfish and sometimes cruel nature and that he has a crush on Malina. If the writers could avoid those, the show would be perfect.
  • Mediocre

This show is about Kuzco, the hero from "the emperor's new groove" finding out he's not qualified to run his kingdom, and being forced to go to school to prove he is. This show started out decent, good storylines and such, it WAS an enjoyable show. But sadly, Disney drove it downhill the minute it realized what the genius they had created. The characters got too stupid, plots were too far-fetched, humor was lacking. I really used to really enjoy this show, a whole whole lot, but sadly the show's quality went far down the lot for me. 5/10 F
  • Started Good, Got Bad

I liked most of the first season of this show, but while watching I thought this show tried too hard to be funny at most times, and sometimes joke after joke after joke isn't the best method for quality programming. And then when the second season came I didn't like the show as much. I barely watched more then 2-3 episodes and hated it. So I think that the first season was OK but the second was kinda bad. The finale however was good. Overall this isn't a show I am going to miss a whole lot, now that is has been over for a couple years
  • Sad to see it end.

It seems that today's show was the last of the series. Kuzco graduates and becomes emperor. I just started getting into this show late and now I miss it already. Knowing that Disney are d*cks about putting shows on DVDs, if you didn't record it then you, like me are out of luck. This is why people buy bootleg stuff knowing that Disney doesn't listen to the fans that watch and demand to have the shows like this that they enjoy to watch on TV be put on DVD. Just look what they did to Gargoyles release it late and having poor sales instead of doing it earlier like WB did for Batman:TAS. If it's released in the UK, I will definitely buy it there.

KUZCO RULES!
  • One of the more underrated shows on Disney

Seriously why didn't get the ratings it deserved. I mean sure Disney had its phase where it went through like a bazillion movies turned into tv shows, but where this show excelled where others failed was in that it was genuinely funny. Maybe its because of my sense of humor is very sarcastic like the show itself.

One of the things I didn't like was how it was a school based setting. I mean do I actually believe that Kronk who was in his late 20s in the movie, is a high schooler like the show insisted.

That's the only gripe I had. Otherwise, its a darn shame that this show didn't excel because it was one of the better Disney shows this decade
  • I love THIS Incan "Nestor" :D :D :D :D

Title: good.

Theme song: also good.

Voices: well, it's a shame that D.Spade(Kuzco in the movies) didn't voiced Kuzko, yet all voices are good.

Characters: that lovable rude, heartless and spoilt emperor guy (Why do ALL cartoon monarchs are like that - Tutenstein, Nestor... Neverless, I love them all *hugs Nestor*) Krunk who is neither good nor bad, cause he works for Yzmasaurus and a cocky bratz girl who I dislike much (Probably because Kuzko loves her and she doesn't give him a blink)

Story: An ex-emperor(Or should that be future emperor?) has to face going to akademy. The story is pretty good.

Humour: OH YEAH! It's even better than that %&*%"! "class of 3000" and that ^$"!%*! "Best ed" I watch that last TV cartoon garbage just for it's good(sometimes) humour. Yet, this show has the five star humour. And it's jokes are pretty simple too - like in the first episode when "rabbit face" flew through the air "Ha, my butt's in the fountain" and then BOOM! Yzma: "You have to be kidding!" That part was hillarious! *sigh* why can't my WoQ have this funny stuff?

Art: The only bad side. To make the drawing easier, everything was made to look "simpler". And by the way, Kuzko probably suffers from anorexia, because he looks REALLY skinny.

In conclusion: I think I see cupids in the air, because I'm starting to look at Kuzko, no offence, Nestor :)
  • An underrated gem.

I think this show really needs to be appreciated more. Since I'm a big fan of The Emperor's New Groove, Kronk's New Groove, and just Disney in general, this show has probably become my favourite cartoon.

I'll admit that a couple of episode plots can be somewhat lacking, but it's still got a great soundtrack, clever humour, and it's an interesting idea; it takes place after The Emperor's New Groove. Kuzco must graduate from Kuzco Academy (a school which he paid for - hence the name) in order to be Emperor again. Sounds simple enough, right? That's where you're wrong - this show is crazy, hilarious, and just downright random. I'll always watch it whenever I want a good laugh.

Overall, this show is great. In fact, it's probably the only good cartoon Disney will air nowadays. I would recommend it to anyone who enjoys comedy.
    10/10 from me.
  • this thing was a wash from the start.

think about it, at the end of the movie, Kuzco became a nice guy, but now he has this sudden relaps and for what reason?

Also, if he's in school, who runs the empire while he's in school?

all I have to say is that this show is the latest example of how Disney jumps all up and down the conept of continuity in favor of an attempt to make money, not to mention that this show has veared so far from it's original plotline, you begin to question the purpose of the show entirely, and if he was already the emperor, why does he need to go BACK to school?

in short, this show should make like the residents of Machu-Pichu and disappear mysteriously and without a trace
  • It's one of the best Disney movie shows.

7.6
    The show is definitely not as good as the first movie, but it is still a great show. The first season steals a lot of the gags from the original movie, but I personally did not mind seeing that stuff again. The second season has been much better about coming up with new material. Some of the episodes are absolutely hilarious. Not all of the episodes are great, but the show is still worth watching. I personally don't care much for the new characters, but Kronk makes up for this. I absolutely love the guy. He makes the show worth watching.
  • This show may have been put in place of The Buzz on Maggie, but it's still a good show.

This show may have been put in place of The Buzz on Maggie, but it's still a good show. Kronk is soooooooooo funny and Malina is sooooooo hot!!! The one thing I like best about this show is that it just has a normal character or episode discussion forum, not one of those forums where at least 80% of the topics have to do with how bad the show is and its cancellation, like a lot of my favorite cartoons has. Then again, this cartoon can never beat the genius of The Buzz on Maggie. But it's still a good show and it deserved a second season.
  • No Touchie!

The first movie, The emperor's new groove was awsome. Kronk's? Not so well...Then, they brought a use a TV show that was great! The same gags from the Movie were in here. And, the best thing about this show is Kuzco's doodles! In fact, there was an episode based off it. That was one of the best episodes in this series! So, everyone does jokes which are good so ends, another one of my review. Thank you for reading it.

Scores:
    Animation: 8; Just is.
    Humor: 10; Greatness!
    Plot: 8; oK.
    Theme Song: 7; No thank you.
    Voices: 9; Kuzco's voice is a legend.

Final score: 8.4
  • The only good cartoon left on Disney channel.

Although I never got to watch the movie I love the show. It has witty humor and is the only thing keeping the animation on Disney Channel alive. The theme song is great and the main charatcer is original. The show shows life lessons each episode while still keeping to the point of the plot line. The newer episodes however seem to be bringing the show down hill but it still is an okay show. Overall it is worth the watch but isnt the best cartoon shows around, just on Disney Channel it is. Also the voice acting is well done.
  • Awkward

4.4
    Even though you watch some episodes Kuzco said that he learned his lesson, he never does, he's still selfish, arrogant, and lazy. He only does nice things when he has to, or when somebody tells him that somebody has to do it.

I especially hate those awkward moments when the characters just pause, especially Kronk and Yzma.

They also get some objects from the future and it's also a little disturbing when they use it, like when Yzma and Kronk used an mp3 player.

It's also annoying that Kuzco uses a 'remote' at parts of the episode whenever he's humiliated and usually tries to skip that part.
  • Not as Good as the movie

7.8
    Well how am I gonna say this in a 100 word review? Well for starters, I really loved the The Emperor's new groove better face it, it was Classic! The humor was original, so I had high expectations on this show since I loved the movie but I'll just say it's okay it was sorta loosing the touch but it's okay it can be funny at times but sometimes dull. and The animation style sorta changed IMO. Not to be a party pooper but it's boring, but good... just not as great as the original movie but it is an okay show :)
  • Very funny and a good show.

A show about a emperor who has to go to school to become a emperor. Kuzco who is very selfish and is scared easily. Has to pass every assignment he is given or else he fails to become emperor. He also has to watch out for yzma and kronk, who are trying to destroy kuzco so yzma can become empress. Kuzco also has a crush on malina who he calls hottie hot hottie and sometimes she returns his affection with a kiss and that makes kuzco go bonkers. Kuzco lives with pachas family, who sometimes wish he didn't invite kuzco to stay with them. All And All This Is A Really Good Show.
  • people usually judge the show on the movie

this show is ok, this show is basically a spinoff of the movie; the emperors new groove. while kuzco goes to school to learn how to be an emperor, yzma, his arch nemisis, plans ways to make kuzco fail so she can claim the throne as her own. her dim witted assistant kronk usually unintetionally messes her plans up but whenever they work, kuzco usually finds a way out through the help his friends, mainly kronk, malina and pancha. pancha is a loving family that offered to take kuzco in and take care of him until he graduates and becomes emperor.....
  • An insult to the emperor's new groove

This show is boring and distasteful, the first time i saw this Show I hated it. I thought " why did they make a show, it's bad enough they made a second movie". When kuzco stops in the starting of the show he tries to be funny but he isn't. It's disney's downfall. I liked kuzco back in the old movie the emperor's new groove, where kuzco was funny and not so boring. now all his lines in the show is repetitive and now cliche. Same with kronk or however you spell his name. boring dumb and disappointing repetitive show. But the new episodes there making in season 2 are pretty good.
  • The movie was better.

7.4
    Okay, this show isnt half bad. but what i cant stand is that they keep pausing the tape and just rewinds it and stuff like that. when they did that in 'The Emperor's New Groove', i found it kinda cool. But now, this gag is so getting old.
    The later episodes of this shows are much better than the first season. But what i dont get is that why must they make Kuzko in love with some snobbish, know it all girl. I mean she keeps on saying stuff that Kuzco thinks in his head. I dont think Malina's good enough for Kuzko.
    Just to cut it short, The Emperor's New Groove is way better than this series.
  • I don't understand

I'll admit, when I first saw the commercials for this show, I actually thought it would be good. I liked the original movie, but Disney just keeps pushing it. This show sucks! And it doesn't make any sense! Am I missing something, or did Kuzco not meet Pacha until after he was emperor? And why does he have to pass high school to be emperor? And Yzma, it's so easy to just kill Kuzco. Um... Kronk's stupidity just reaches a new level of annoying. Malina: I hate her character so much! She's supposed to be smart and "nice," but she comes off as a snobby, uptight, talkative, stereotyped cheerleader. Kuzco's selfishness is seriously overdone with the whole "all about me" speeches. The only good thing about this show is that some of the jokes are kind of funny, but that won't help the show much. Disney should seriously just stop before they ruin something originally good.
  • I like him better as a llama.

5.6
    At first, I was starting to like this series. But it just got dumber, and dumber by the episode. I have notice that they did have a few things that the real mayians didn't have. I thought it was like the "Flintstones" where it was just a few things, but then I notice that they didn't have ANYTHING remotely mezo american. I think that *****, at least "Aladdin" and "Hercules" was a little historicly accurite. Also, Kusco's additude and stupidity and Kronk's lame lines get real old, real fast. And why does it take place in high school? Can't the bigwigs at disney be more original?
  • On my 1st review of this show (this is my 2nd), I said: Needs fine tuning. The crew is probably doing all the fine tuning right now. This show has potential of being really good. Not GREAT. Well, I was wrong about That, because it IS Great now!

On my first review of this show (this is my Second), I said: "Needs fine tuning. I only saw the first episode. It was good, and the series will get better as it progresses. The makers of the show are probably doing all the fine tuning right now. I think after a while, this show will have the potential of being really good. Not GREAT, but enjoyed by Disney watchers, and not be called a waste of time."
    --------------------------------
    Well, I was wrong BIG time about the series not becoming "GREAT!"--because it IS Great right now!!! More than the required fine tuning (to take it from "good basic animation and quite entertaining" to "better") was done with that show, I think it's a Disney Channel success! (The animation and look of the show is WAY better, and the stories have gotten more interesting and entertaining. Good job, cast and crew - the show has evolved really well since the first episode :).
  • lol..

• kuzco goes to school

kuzco goes to school why i don't kno

kuzco an emperor goes to school(i don't kno why)is selfish childish yzma a really old women if u can consider her to be that try to try make kuzco fail and become empress why would she become empress i don't kno malina a new could be considered kuzco only real friend

kronk is like 24-28 in a high school well i think it's a high school and tryes 2 help yzma half the time and kuzco the other half sorry for the bad Review oh well this show rules thanks for reading and bad spelling
< 1 2 3 4 5