The Emperor's New School

Disney Channel (ended 2008)

flohoswald

The Emperor's New School Fan Reviews (130)

• A continuation of The Emperor's New School, we did not need to take it to a tv show level. I can't believe people actually watch this.

This show is also on my TV shows that should be canceled but aren't. A complete waste of time and money also. This show is so lame, it doesn't even deserve my review time and energy. It's just as bad as The Replacements, Phil of the Future, Jimmy Neutron, and all of those other pathetic excuses of public television shows. I mean, did the writer's actually think people would watch it and think it was COOL? Well, news flash, it's not. It bores me to tears every time it's on, and I don't even leave it on longer than this...
  • this thing was a wash from the start.

think about it, at the end of the movie, Kuzco became a nice guy, but now he has this sudden relaps and for what reason?

Also, if he's in school, who runs the empire while he's in school?

all I have to say is that this show is the latest example of how Disney jumps all up and down the conept of continuity in favor of an attempt to make money, not to mention that this show has veared so far from it's original plotline, you begin to question the purpose of the show entirely, and if he was already the emperor, why does he need to go BACK to school?

in short, this show should make like the residents of Machu-Pichu and disappear mysteriously and without a trace
  • I don't understand

I'll admit, when I first saw the commercials for this show, I actually thought it would be good. I liked the original movie, but Disney just keeps pushing it. This show sucks! And it doesn't make any sense! Am I missing something, or did Kuzco not meet Pacha until after he was emperor? And why does he have to pass high school to be emperor? And Yzma, it's so easy to just kill Kuzco. Um... Kronk's stupidity just reaches a new level of annoying. Malina: I hate her character so much! She's supposed to be smart and "nice," but she comes off as a snobby, uptight, talkative, stereotyped cheerleader. Kuzco's selfishness is seriously overdone with the whole "all about me" speeches. The only good thing about this show is that some of the jokes are kind of funny, but that won't help the show much. Disney should seriously just stop before they ruin something originally good.
  • what the heck? this show is so weird and total crap....

4.7
    This may be the strangest show on Disney. A show about the emperor of The Emperor's new Groove attending school and meeting the girl of his dreams is strange! The susess of the movie Kronk's New Groove has made the producers create a new show made from crap. Also, after the release of Stich The Movie!, the creators thought they'd make a tv show form Lilo and Stich (by the way isn't a bad show.) This show will not last long or get good ratings. It looks like it will not even last a year. This show is absolute crap I would not recommend this show because its weird, dumb, and has bad amamation. Don't watch this show...
  • Just another chance to bring back Kuzco.

To bad they couldn't even get David Spade, like he's doing anything.I'm gonna be blunt and not beat around the bush, this show sucks so friggin hard!I mean every episode is warped around the intricate main plot from the movie.I mean gosh a majority of the jokes are from the movie,for example the overplayed "whats with the monkey and bug" crack.Kuzco couldn't break 100 mil in the box office since the good 'ol family values was hidden a little more than the other sickening Disney spew fests.The show is about Kuzco having to past a never ending loop of classes to save his throne.But, like in the movie, Yzma and Kronk turn him into animals so he can't achieve his goal.Did the producers even watch the friggin movie, Kuzco wasn't purposely turned into a llama, but was turned into one due to a potion mistake.A majority of people return to do their voices but the two main characters,played by Spade and Goodman,for some reason couldn't reprise their roles?The show is awful.PERIOD.
  • When Looking at something this bad, you know that the people who made this destroyed Walt Disney\\\\\\\'s Legacy.

This is the Emperor\\\'s New School, a spin-off of the cult-favorite Emperor\\\'s New Groove and Kronk\\\'s New Groove, we thought this was gonna be a good show about Kuzco and Kronk being teachers at a school, but no they destroyed what could have been a great franchise. You see because of this bad North American Cartoon, and Disney Channel\\\'s way to not show anime, Disney Channel has become a poison on the Entertainment business. Other Poisons include Cartoon Network\\\'s non-anime shows[Adultswim Is Better],Nickelodeon\\\'s Live Action Programs[Just for Kicks sucks], and Kim Possible[So Bad At Being Naive]. Plus to make matters worst on the Emperor\\\'s New School, a new character named Malina makes things become worse, no wait she\\\'s the reason things on the show are really really bad.
    Dear Disney Channel, Emperor\\\'s New School Gets A 1.0 Out Of 10 on TV.COM, plus what\\\'s better than this is Programs on Toonami, Jetix, And Yes 4Kids TV.

P.S. I can\\\'t wait for Bleach to come to Adultswim.
  • Awkward

4.4
    Even though you watch some episodes Kuzco said that he learned his lesson, he never does, he's still selfish, arrogant, and lazy. He only does nice things when he has to, or when somebody tells him that somebody has to do it.

I especially hate those awkward moments when the characters just pause, especially Kronk and Yzma.

They also get some objects from the future and it's also a little disturbing when they use it, like when Yzma and Kronk used an mp3 player.

It's also annoying that Kuzco uses a 'remote' at parts of the episode whenever he's humiliated and usually tries to skip that part.
  • A rip-off of a 10.0 movie

4.7
    this show is unoriginal, and uses the excact same repetitive humor exploited in cartoon's since the 80's that they think kids love......

The movi ewas great, and now they overuse the whole theme, and I think some of the voices are different (which I don't really like). I've taken the time to watch thsi a few times, but it's not the best at all, and I coudl not stand to watch the entire 30 minutes.

It's not entirely bad, though. That's what saved me from giving it something like a 0.1.... the animation is good compared to other shows, so that's what saved it.
  • This is just ehh!

6.1
    It's an OK show. It is sort of over funny. Not really, but sort of. But at least its better than Mr. Meaty or the X's. The movie was okay. This show should get canceled but at the same time i don't want it to get canceled. I do two sides to my OK reviews. I dont care what anybody else says. This show is just plain okay. If you like this show, tell it to the whole world, i don't care. This show will never be perfect, though, it'll probably stay okay. Well at least it's always going to stay okay in my opinion. But always remember! This is my opinion. And in my opinion, this show is nothing special.
  • Some wierdo named Kuzco has to go back to school. And he has these no brain friends.

This show is a complete waiste of my valuaable time. I watched the first few and hated it. I really don't care for shows this dense. Its for the level of an infant and I wouldn't be surprised if one episode was about that character has to learn how to take a nap! It is a very not funny show and those pathetic characters a seem stupid. Even the supposely smart Melina is stupid I hate it so so much. Sometimes I don't know if the writers for this show are old ebough to drive! I flat out hate this show more than anything!!!
  • Is I see one more disneychannel show based off a movie, I swear I will never watch DisneyChannel again! This is too unorignal for many good resons.

I'm getting tired of this. Disney Channel is running out of ideas for shows, so it's making cruddy shows that are based off movies! They might as well make Incredibles and Finding Nemo a cartoon! The show is completely focused on school. That's been used a billion times! People always make shows that have a lot to do with school! This show teaches life-lessons, why did they put that on disneychannel? it should be on playhouse disney! The fact that there is an enemy who hates the main charcter, and that the show is focused on school a lot, and that the main character has a crush on a girl, and the fact that he is a total doofus makes it way too unoriginal. This stuff has been used before! I know you can do better Disney Channel. Stop making this poo! It is way too childish like how Kuzco doodles at certain parts in the cartoon, how this show teaches life lessons, and how the dialog is like they're trying to teach you a lesson(i.e. in the episode where there is a family competition, Kuzco: Winning? Is that all you think about?). The theme song is okay i guess, but I don't like how Kuzco says: I thought this was supposed to be about me, (sudden mood change) Spell my name again! I could go on longer on talking about this show's stupidity, but I'd rather stop here since I have better things to do.
  • The Emperor's New School isn't all that cool.

1.1
    Why? Oh why do they have to make a series out off this movie? They had The Emperor's New Groove and the sequel Kronk's New Groove and they had to make a freaking series out of it! Lilo and Stitch the series is better than this piece of junk. It might get cancelled easliy like the other disney series after the other disney movies and complete waste of time.
  • you put it on,think to ur self "maybe i should give it a chance".you finish watching it then think to your self "i wasted 13 mintues of tv time"

2.7
    when i look at this show i say "it's a waste of paper"

you ask me why paper?

waste of script,drawings,paint,adds in the 'Disney Adventures' comics,if they hadn't made this show we could have saved a forest.

this show is boring,dull,over-used info from the movie-0H and the movie,

it was a good funny movie,one you'd probally say "sure let's rent it,i was ok" but making this series was a stupid idea!

when i watch Kuzkco i think of Hacket from 'Phil of the Future',not someone i really like watching play this guy.
    and what with the real guy who played him?

las i saw he was on '8 Simple Rules',when did that end?
    or
    the No commericals

all in all,this is a bad Disney show

*and it shouldn't be on ITunes*
  • The Emperor's New School is a Disney cartoon based off the Emperor's New Groove, a movie that did mediocre in the box office but well on DVD and VHS sales.

Emperor's New School is an interesting premise for a show, or, rather, it would be if Disney hadn't based a lot of their cartoons off movies. (This seems to be the trend these days). Since it lacks that in the orginality department, perhaps it shall redeem itself in other ways. Unfortunately for it, ENS has not yet managed that feat. In fact, very little of it can be called original in any sense.

For its own benefit, at least the jokes are amusing (when they're not stolen directly from the movie) and the characters not particularly bothersome. Like most cartoons, it falls flat on characterization, whereby the only character fleshed out fully is Kuzco. Since the story is based around him, one would only expect so much. However, it would be nice if the other characters were not written unevenly or, in the case of a few, having their back stories contradicted. Things stated a few episodes ago can be trashed later without the writers noting them in the least.

Historical inaccuracies pepper ENS, too, and most of the time, they're either a minor annoyance- or a big problem. The writers don't seem to want to educate anyone about the Incas. They would rather take the easy way out.

That being said, I'm not sure why I love Emperor's New School. Some episodes are literally the worst cartoon episodes I've seen, and I've watched Aladdin: The TV series, with its nonsensical plots and contraptions. The characters, particularly Malina, are inconsistent. Maybe I'm holding out for a really good episode or maybe ENS, like Kuzco, has a charm all its own.
  • Not as Good as the movie

7.8
    Well how am I gonna say this in a 100 word review? Well for starters, I really loved the The Emperor's new groove better face it, it was Classic! The humor was original, so I had high expectations on this show since I loved the movie but I'll just say it's okay it was sorta loosing the touch but it's okay it can be funny at times but sometimes dull. and The animation style sorta changed IMO. Not to be a party pooper but it's boring, but good... just not as great as the original movie but it is an okay show :)
  • Borefest!

It just makes me sad when great movies like this get screwed in the end.The only thing different than the movie are the stories and kuzco,played respectfully by J.P. Manoux though.Every joke has been in the movie before it.The thing that is even more pathetic than that is the fact that they can get the entire main cast execpt for the two main characters,john goodman and david spade.I mean seriously,the only thing Goodman wants is a gigantic dinner and Spade,deprived of his own title in Kronk's new groove cuz he only had like what five lines, would probl'y do it for the fun of it,and a couple g's.The thing that makes this god-awful is that other disney animations,the proud family for one,got canned just to make room for crap like this and hannah montanna.Destroy this before it gets too out of control!
  • Boring and not funny

1.2
    The Emperor's New School is a boring and unfunny show. Kinda stupid too. I was watching one episode one day because there was nothing else on. To me, they were trying so hard to be funny that the jokes just came out lame. Seriously who thought of this? First they made the movie, The Emperor's New Groove, and that movie was just ok, nothing great but is was not bad. Then they made Kronk's New Groove or whatever its called and that movie was kinda pointless. Now they make this show. They should have stop at The Emperor's New Groove.
  • this sohw sucks

1.5
    Disney Channel keeps on making the stupiest cartoons. Their better shows are like The Suite life and Thats so Raven. They should just keep making those shows. This show is so horrible and awful that you should just change the channel! Its a complete waste of time and you I strongly suggest that you should never watch it.
  • The Emperor's New School is about Kuzo going to school so he can remain the emperor.

I have no problem with a spin-off show from a movie. I liked Timon and Pumbaa and I thought The Emperor's New Groove was o so I thought I would check it out for the heck of it. I didn't like it. Mianly because the new voices. The only voice that sounded the same from the movies was Küzo's voice. I don't like the new ones so much so they made a horrible mistake with that. Another issue I had was the plots. I watched a few different episodes so I know what I'm talking about. In every episode Küzo gets changed into another animal and somehow the evil people end up losers. It trenchantly isn't a classic Disney Channel feel good how but it almost is. Every episode teaches a lesson to five year old kids. Disney needs to understand that we aren't five year olds kids and make decent shows that people like us will actually watch and enjoy. Nothing was wrong with the movie but a lot is wrong with the show. The comedy was ok for this type of show. I expected a little more because this is a cartoon and cartoons are meant to be funny, right? Well it isn't so funny. It isn't laugh out loud funny but you'll hear yourself chuckle a few times through it.

I suppose people that like shows like this would watch it. Five year olds would enjoy it… I didn't like it and a lot of other people don't like it so I wouldn't recommend it to anyone for the most part. I give it a 6 out of 10 because it is a little funny and the movie was ok. It really is not the best cartoon or animation (whatever you call it) Disney has ever made.
  • Show's already about to get canceled,... wow, that was quick.

When the show came out and I watched it and how jokes and gags always seemed to repeat themselves and how nothing seemed to linked with the movie at all, (ex. Kronk's in his early 30's, what is he doing in high school?) I had a feeling it was eventually going to get cancelled, I just didn't think it was going to be this quick. The show is okay and can be funny, it just tends to "repeat" and if you've seen the movie its hard not to get a little fustrated at times.
  • An insult to the emperor's new groove

This show is boring and distasteful, the first time i saw this Show I hated it. I thought " why did they make a show, it's bad enough they made a second movie". When kuzco stops in the starting of the show he tries to be funny but he isn't. It's disney's downfall. I liked kuzco back in the old movie the emperor's new groove, where kuzco was funny and not so boring. now all his lines in the show is repetitive and now cliche. Same with kronk or however you spell his name. boring dumb and disappointing repetitive show. But the new episodes there making in season 2 are pretty good.
  • they made 2 movies alredy get over it!

Omg as if it isnt bad enough with shows like Romeo! , Life with Derek , and all the other disney dum-dums and now this! I mean they shouldnt have made a second movie and now this. It makes me sick to my stomach disney is wasting money on this garbage
  • This so doesn't look good...

1.9
    Among my friends, it's known that I won't judge a book by it's cover, but that doesn't mean I won't judge a cartoon by it's previews. 'The Emperor's New School' looks completely unoriginal. A series about Lilo & Stitch was one thing, but this might be going too far. I'm starting to think Disney has finally hit rock-bottom.
  • This show is W A Y past it's prime.

2.9
    The movie of the Emperors New Groove was great. It was hilarious and unlike any disney movie I had ever seen. No musicals, no loveable main character, just pure comedy.
    So, Disney decided to use the same formula again with Kronks New Groove. Obviously it wasn't as good and the first one and it didn't get released in theaters but it was still a decent movie.
    Now Disney took the Emperor out of his grave and put him in a new show, but it is not what it used to be! Think, the movie came out in 2000 and only a few thousand people bought Kronks new Groove. So, how many people, fans or not, would even remember the Emperor, let alone watch his new show.
    Now abou the show, it stinks no questions asked! The plot always seems to be a simple one that would be one 5 minute event in other shows. They stretch it, and stretch it, until it fits in the 24 minute time slot. The jokes that were once funny have now become stale. The Emperors New School is a horrid show and Do Not Watch It!
  • this is what they put on in place of the Buzz on Maggie?

3.5
    i don't get it. no I really really don't get it. why would they cancell the Buzz on Maggie which was a funny show and replace it with something that is so unoriginal. the movie was sort of funny and good, but this is nowhere like the movie and i think they should change back. i was looking foward to what they were going to put on becuase I liked the Buzz on Maggie a lot so I though it would be extra good, but I guess not. the voices don't sound like the movie either. dont bother with it is what i say.
  • All i can ask is: WHY??? The first movie was so awesome and now they're continuously slamming it to the ground.

I absolutely loved "The Emperor's New Groove" when it came out in theaters. I still love it in fact. But come on! This show is most definently not cutting it. Why disney ever thought they could make an entire show based off of the movie and have it be sucessful, I will never be able to guess. The show basically uses the exact same sort of humor and jokes as the movie, and in the movie they're great, but come on. DON'T push the lever thing!!!! That's just waaaay too classic to be messed with.
    You know what, that's my feeling about the whole thing. That movie was just too classic to be messed with. And disney messed with it. Great. Grade: C-
  • I just like to watch Kuzco and Kronk Polka at the end of the show. They be gettin' it.

The movie was fine, but I don't think they needed to come out with a tv series. First of all, they kinda ran the movie into the ground. Now they've come out with the tv series that should have been presented years ago. The show is bearable, but it doesn't catch my interest. I don't hate the show, but I don't seem to really care for it. If it would have aired right after the movie went to DVD, then I might have wanted to watch it. The show itself isn't half bad, but it missed it's date 4 to 5 years ago. The llama stuff is now in the past and it's time to come out with something new.
  • The emperor's new groove went too far!

This started as a terrific movie... Then came the mediocre sequel... and now they've reduced themselves to this. There are some mildly funny parts, but all the episodes are based on the same premise! It seems a little redundant, and quickly gets old and annoying. Do not waste your time with this show. Watch one episode, and you'll pretty much know what all the others are about.
  • Pushing it

4.4
    Sure the movie was funny and cute and a kind of classic. But a T.V show? psh! Lame! I watched it once and thought is was sort of... Cute... for a 3 year old. Disney channel haves some of my favorite shows on it for example The Suite life nof Zack and Cody or Hannah Montana. I do not like the Cartoons on disney channel. There meaning less plots and ideas. They shoud put it on toon Disney for the ones whok do like it.
  • This is a bad show. Keep on reading to know why.

4.7
    Everyone know's this show is based on a movie called The Emperor's New Groove. Which was a good movie. First, this show comes after the movie. And Kuzco is still selfish. Did he learn anything after the movie? The movie is about him changing and giving a huge effect on his life. Kuzco should have a different personality in the show. Second, Yzma want to be Empress and all she has to do is to get Kuzco to fail school. The show makes i seem hard but it isn't. Kuzco gets bad grades so he will fail school easily! Plus, even if he got the best grades in the school Yzma is the principal! She can x-pell him! All what happens is Yzma making a potion to stop Kuzco and Kronk gets the wrong one and she fails. So, that is the whole show for you. However, I have seen worse.
< 1 2 3 4 5