The Emperor's New School

Disney Channel (ended 2008)

MonkeysAndMore

The Emperor's New School Fan Reviews (131)

• Why?!

4.5
    just don't get it! I mean, it's fine I guess, Who thought that this would be a good idea?! Okay, I digress. As a huge fan of the movie this show was based off of, I suppose it's not doing anything terrible, but it's just not as good as the movie, not even remotely close! All right, let's talk about the characters. Kuzco is still the same old asshole he was in the movie, so I guess he's fine. Yzma is still the scheming, hilarious villain, so she's fine. But with the other characters, what the hell happened?! Pacha's trying to act like Kuzco's dad now, and honestly, he's even more boring and one-dimensional than he was in the movie! The leading girl and Kronk, I swear, they suffer from schizophrenia or something. One minute the girl likes Kuzco, the next she hates his guts, then she like him again, what?! And Kronk kind of switches between Yzma's henchman and Kuzco's friend and even sometimes the main focus of the episode? There's not an explanation for it, like the explanation they gave him in the film for his reasoning to spare Kuzco, he's I don't get it. And the next problem I have with the show is that, the running gags are fucking annoying! The jokes in the film were really funny in moderation, but when you shove it down our throats like they do in the show, it's just not that funny! The lever gag is tired, the secret lab roller coaster is tired, Kronk always forgetting who Principal Amzy really is gets really, REALLY tired, and why the hell do they have this random section in the middle called Kuzco's Doodles? It's fucking stupid! In fact, why the hell didn't they bring back Kronk's conscience as a running gag, at least that could be funny EVEN if you shoved it down our throats. Bottom line is, I guess I just don't like the show, nor the concept for that matter. It's stupid, it's tired, it's cliched, it's just plain STUPID!