The Event Forums

NBC (ended 2011)

Official Discussion Thread: Turnabout (possible spoilers)

Gislef

[1]Mar 13, 2011
    • level: 102
    Please direct all general and specific discussion of the 3/14/11 episode "Turnabout" to this thread.

Enjoy!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

KingofIPirates

[2]Mar 14, 2011
    • level: 32
    Rather average episode that was somewhat predictable and lacking in it's overall execution. So Thomas was not only behind the advancement in the development of nuclear technology in the 40's but he was responsible for Chenobyl. Heh, I now wouldn't be surprised if they said he played a role in the invention of computers and the technological explosion of the 90's, and beyond.. Reminds me of that Dave Chappelle skit parodying Deep Impact and explaining that aliens were really responsible for our recent technological advancements.
    Edited on 03/14/2011 7:18pm

antdude

[3]Mar 14, 2011
    • level: 28
    Slightly better than last week's two episode/hours return. but not that good, I did like its ending.
    Edited on 03/14/2011 10:16pm

Just_Jos

[4]Mar 15, 2011
    • level: 11

It was a decent episode.

tryptz

[5]Mar 15, 2011
    • level: 14

I dared to hope after the first 2 episodes. I mean it was better than i was used to seeing from the writers BUT this episode was just cringe-worthy. The dream sequence was like something out of a bad 70's soap. Sean and Layla are still around( give me strength lawd). And then transporting the nuclear rods under guard by just 2 SUVs no satellite cover or all the other hyper security precautions likely to go along ordinarily with such a thing ( and this was certainly no ordinary times) . The ambush was crappy all the assault team on ONE SIDE OF THE ROAD!! and Simon dissappears from that flat land in a second with no sight of him I could go on and on.....

Its the writers that constantly let down this show The writing is just atrocious. I honestly don't doubt this show is headed for cancellation.

Edited on 03/15/2011 6:03pm
    Edited 2 total times.

haldrey

[6]Mar 15, 2011
    • level: 22
    Pretty decent episode, in my opinion as interesting as the last two, but looks like everybody sees something different in this show.

srfin2007

[7]Mar 16, 2011
    • level: 1
    I am starting to become more interested now in what we do NOT know about the Event. Hal Holbrook's Dempsey character so far is a total enigma to me. Is he a villain or the ultimate hero? He is aging little girls, that is true. But aging little girls that are "special" In other words,
    the "sleepers" Is he secretly developing some kind of plan to rapidly age all of Sophia's people? For now I will keep watching.

KingofIPirates

[8]Mar 16, 2011
    tryptz wrote:
    Sean and Layla are still around( give me strength lawd).
    It's painful I know.

tryptz wrote:

And then transporting the nuclear rods under guard by just 2 SUVs no satellite cover or all the other hyper security precautions likely to go along ordinarily with such a thing ( and this was certainly no ordinary times) . The ambush was crappy all the assault team on ONE SIDE OF THE ROAD!! and Simon dissappears from that flat land in a second with no sight of him I could go on and on.....
    I agree that entire scene was pretty poorly planned and executed.
    srfin2007 wrote:
    I am starting to become more interested now in what we do NOT know about the Event. Hal Holbrook's Dempsey character so far is a total enigma to me. Is he a villain or the ultimate hero? He is aging little girls, that is true. But aging little girls that are "special" In other words,
    the "sleepers" Is he secretly developing some kind of plan to rapidly age all of Sophia's people? For now I will keep watching.
    Seems to me he's just trying to halt or reverse his own aging process in order to become young again and the little girls aging are an unfortunate case of experiments gone wrong.

Iamdapwnage

[9]Mar 21, 2011
    • level: 16
    I think he's draining the eternal youth of the alien's children in order to use it for himself.

KingofIPirates

[10]Mar 21, 2011
    Iamdapwnage wrote:
    I think he's draining the eternal youth of the alien's children in order to use it for himself.
    Agreed, it now seems like this is what he is doing.

Shreela

[11]Mar 22, 2011
    • level: 8
    Even though I hated this show at the beginning, with all the flipping around back and forth thru timelines, I got bored and watched a few more episodes, and was happy they chilled on the timeline jumping.

But this season is almost as unbearable as the beginning, even though there's less time jumping.

I'm pleased there's others who thought the security of the radiation was laughable, and the ambush scene was pretty lame, and I've never done any kind of security, so if an amateur can spot holes in security, it's pretty darn bad.

At this time, I'm only interested in what Hal is doing. They should take a little break, have a big writers meeting to close this show out before writing themselves into a bigger mess (Heroes). But they'll probably force a few more cruddy shows, then cancel without any closure, and then wonder why they're losing more and more viewers at this network. AFAIK, Harry's Law is the only decent show there (although I realize many love Law and Order and The Office - I never got into those for some reason).

danharr

[12]Mar 31, 2011
    • level: 45

Okay action wise but damn more Leila and the 2 guys and a janitor to move the precious nuke rods that the super alien terrorist wants that was worse than the presidential nightmare at the beginning. Nice ending now the pres wants to wack everybody can't wait to see Sophia wiggle out of this one.