The Event Forums

NBC (ended 2011)

Official Discussion Thread: You Bury Other Things Too (possible spoilers)

Gislef

[1]Apr 3, 2011
    • level: 101
    Please direct all general and specific discussion of the 4/4/11 episode "You Bury Other Things Too" to this thread.

Enjoy!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

mattgus

[2]Apr 4, 2011
    • level: 14
    everytime i tune in i am surprised at how outlandish the movement of the show is in re to its storyline. the editing acting and way it is filmed is really good,but 2 billion peop thru a portal???coop or full on annihilation??? is a 2nd season going to be assigned??? when will we know???

UltraTraveler

[3]Apr 4, 2011
    • level: 9
    *cough**cough*SLOW*cough*

antdude

[4]Apr 4, 2011
    • level: 27
    Yawn!!! Nothing like last week's cool one. No new episodes for two weeks.

KingofIPirates

[5]Apr 5, 2011
    • level: 32
    Mediocre episode, some parts were fairly entertaining though the storyline felt bogged down with unnecessary subplots particularly Sean Walker's assassination roadtrip and Dempsey's seemingly pointless excavation plans.

Just_Jos

[6]Apr 5, 2011
    • level: 11

This episode was pretty good. But know that Sophia has plans for a genocide, these next couple of episodes could sum up to a great finale.

haldrey

[7]Apr 5, 2011
    • level: 22
    Not one of the best but quite good and entertaining episode. An all out war is coming and it looks like Ms Sophia is worst than than bin Laden.

CharlesTheBold

[8]Apr 6, 2011
    • level: 7

So the White House security staff is too stupid to realize that a fugitive can get out of the House by going through the kitchen and service tunnels.On the larger scale,they started with a minor scandal and turned it into a national crisis. By the way, the little sister seems to have disappeared againand nobody seems to have noticed. Why do I watch this stuff?

MrBovineOrdure

[9]Apr 7, 2011
    • level: 6

Bad basis for turning into a heavy....

Sophie goes from an enlightened alien who would do no harm to a planet's citizens to a genocidal mass murderer? They mentioned culling the humans by 2 billion? Anyone considering that must know that you're going to have to go all the way and murder all 6 billion of us. Anything less, and her race will have to become comfortable with the brutal dictatorial slave-owner role they will need to take on in order to control whoever they allow to live. Would a truly enlightened race want that or the blood they'll have to spill? Are they really ready to trade 6 billion human lives who's DNA is close enough that they can reproduce with them for their 2 billion lives? This doesn't sound very enlightened.

We're led to believe that the death of Sophie's son is what caused this rage in her. (This son who lead a rebellion, that killed dozens of his own kind that didn't agree with him, that almost murdered his own mother!) I just don't accept that Sophie would undergo such a change especially when she's aware that the decisions the humans made are based on very incomplete information. Incomplete DUE TO HER OWN ACTIONS AND THE ACTIONS OF HER OWN KIND! Knowing this she decides that the humans are any less benevolent as she is prepared to be?

To go from a "Do no Harm" to a misanthrope given what we been shown just doesn't wash.

What could possibly be Sophie's explanation to her home planet when they arrive and she informs them that they have to wipe out the indigenous population that out numbers them 3 to 1 and enslave those they allow to live? "They killed two busloads of us including my traitorous/murderous/patricidal son because of my poor communication skills!"?

My guess is that she won't be completely candid.

(I'll still watch as this is still an interesting show.)

Mr BO

Edited on 04/07/2011 7:00pm
    Edited 7 total times.

hpgator

[10]Apr 8, 2011
    • level: 1
    Bovine, I agree completely. It's pretty ridiculous for her to go from some benevolent leader who took an oath to genocidal maniac. Much less the fact that she killed dozens of Americans and destroyed a monument in washington just to get the president to let her go. Also, as you mentioned, she wanted her son DEAD and now she's willing to do everything because he DID die? LOL. I can see why this show is getting cancelled.

DebraMcClure

[11]Apr 10, 2011
    • level: 17

I agree with most of the comments - including the one that said, "..can see why this show is getting canceled..."

danharr

[12]Apr 22, 2011
    • level: 45

Boring okay Sophia's Joseph Stalin now and nobody puts a bullet in an enemies head lest we mess up future stories yawn.