The Event Forums

NBC (ended 2011)

Racial Stereotyping in this day and age ...

AveryYates

[1]Apr 2, 2011
    • level: 2

I thought the US was above this kind of nonsense.

What next , portray jews with giant hook noses and a diamond ring on each finger?

http://i762.photobucket.com/albums/xx268/Avery_yates/Racial.jpg

French cars are supposed to have plastic seats , and loose hanging cables. in their cars.. Rent a car in france .. that's what you get. It's strange they don't have a beret on their heads , a striped t-shirt , and a piece of bread under their arm.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Gislef

[2]Apr 3, 2011
    • level: 100
    Which race is the car?

Although I'm not sure how it could have a beret on its head and a piece of bread under its arm. It's an interesting image to imagine, though.

AveryYates

[3]Apr 3, 2011
    • level: 2
    maybe not race , but a jab at a country like France gicing the impression people drive around in old broken cars , live in fermettes . It is stereotypical , blatently a remanat of how the Us viewed France just after the second world war , and is frankly insulting.

Race might not be the right world , but a profound disrespect and contempt for the 96% of the rest of the world's people.

Gislef

[4]Apr 3, 2011
    • level: 100
    AveryYates wrote:

French cars are supposed to have plastic seats , and loose hanging cables. in their cars.. Rent a car in france .. that's what you get.

You said rental cars in French are supposed to have loose hanging cables. Also, did they say that this is a rental car, and not an old car that Vicky and Sean had to "borrow"? Going over the scene again, they don't say it's a rental.

People who can't go through legitimate channels in the U.S. and France and still need a vehicle both drive cars that are less than pristine. Dempsey drove up a very nice looking SUV when he arrived at the dig.

Now, if they showed a Frenchman driving his own old beat-up car...

Sugar2U

[5]Apr 8, 2011
    • level: 9

Sooo just to clarify U are mad at the car they drove in France? really? I never even noticed the car...I thought U were going to point out the fact that most of the Alians are white...OR that I have only seen one Asian person...OR why the heck dont these people age for heavens sake. OK that was off topic but it still bugs me they have not told us this and I thougt since this was a useless thread I would bring it up.. OK