The Event

To Keep Us Safe

Aired Monday 9:00 PM Sep 27, 2010 on NBC

• The story continues...

Another great episode picks up from where the first episode left off. As more of the disparate parts of the plot are explained, the blend of action and suspense keeps the pace and overall tone of unfolding teleplay to level that is much better than FFwd - something that probably caused its cancellation. In TE however, the execution is of a far higher standard. The same flashback and jump to present format as the previous episode is helped by the change of perspective, as each of the main characters gets enough screen time to unravel a little more of the overall picture. It really kept me enthused enough to keep watching. Hope it keeps this up. I dare say though that if more unexplained "minor" events keep happening throughout the show, it will fair better than FFwd, which lagged after mid-season. Whats more, as with the finale cliff-hanger in the first episode, the one at the end of this episode is more than worthy of me or you to come back and watch another. The writers really aren't pulling any punches with this drama. Lets hope they keep the quality in these storylines.

From what Ive seen, I expect that this show to reach a level between Fringe and FFwd. Hope it gets right up to Fringe's level of quality.