The Evidence Forums

ABC (ended 2006)

Official Episode Discussion:And the Envelope Please

danharr

[1]Jun 29, 2006
    • level: 45
    This weeks episode please discuss here.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

mgc1971

[2]Jul 2, 2006
    • level: 12
    Average episode and worst of all, no real ending about the cop's wife murder, not even a single clue...this was supposed to be the soul of the show and the series has ended without giving us any info...I feel like I've been wasting my time

danharr

[3]Jul 2, 2006
    • level: 45
    Well as to the cops wifes murder that couldn't be helped, they didn't plan for the show to be cancelled after eight episodes.  A thing like that usually isn't finished in the first season let alone this early in the first season.  For the episode no it didn't break any new ground but I did find it entertaining.  It moved at a better pace and had much more interesting story and characters than some of the better storylines.  Too bad I can see that episode was one step closer to finding the murderer of Cole's wife but what can you do?

dju010

[4]Jul 3, 2006
    • level: 88
    I liked this episode as well. A bit strange though, but it was one of the better episodes.
    I think it was extremely violent though!

The thing with the wife's murder case: I think it is handled pretty well. It never was that clear what it's intent was, since it didn't occur in every episode. Sure it was important in two or three episodes, but other than that it just was a side note. Now when the two of them go through the entire thing again, they will find something, new leads. I think it's open if they find the murderer (they got chances with that unknown print). But I'm sure they get their boss (Lt. Alexa Brenner).

I was a bit surprised to hear that song at the beginning, since it's about 6 or 7 years old. I posted it in the trivia section. I remember to like that song. I mean this show had a really expensive music supervisor and editor Doug DeAngelis. Check out his website. That guy worked for Madonna, Michael Jackson, do I need to go on?
    Such expensive personal and such old music? I don't know, but it just seams a bit strange.