The Evidence Forums

ABC (ended 2006)

Official Episode Discussion:Yi vs. Li

danharr

[1]Jun 9, 2006
    • level: 45
    It's back and so am I with the ep thread!  This weeks episode please discuss here.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Xballer420oc

[2]Jun 11, 2006
    • level: 1
    do you know the name of the song that plays in the background towards the end of the show?

dju010

[3]Jun 11, 2006
    • level: 88
    I think it was nice, but had a few to many goof in it. I list them tomorrow.
    I can't help you with that song. If anyone else knows it, can can submit it.

danharr

[4]Jun 11, 2006

An okay episode using another culture to go outside the norm not bad. This show still doesn't have the umph that it takes to make it a hit but i'll still miss it. That father was such a freak hiding a fortune just to make his sons work hard and willing to lose his grandchild in the process. Can't wait to see what the goofs are since I was basically satisfied with the episode.

dju010

[5]Jun 12, 2006
    I finished the recap, quotes and goofs for this episode. If you find anything missing, just submit!!

And we've got a banner for this show!!!! Yeah!

danharr

[6]Jun 12, 2006
    LOL a banner at the end of the series that just makes me sad!

ndrose

[7]Jun 12, 2006
    • level: 7
    I really like the episode. It was definitely thought provoking. I am not sure that what the mother did was completely. I am sure I would have been tempted to do the same. To think a man would help strangers and not his own grandchild. Family is much too important.

ndrose

[8]Jun 12, 2006
    • level: 7
    Xballer420oc wrote:
    do you know the name of the song that plays in the background towards the end of the show?

I would like to know also. That was an amazing song.

WonderSlug

[9]Jun 13, 2006
    • level: 4

I'm not sure one of those goofs is an actual goof.  I'm talking about the one about the engineer wife not speaking English.

If you recall during the interrogation of the son, Sen (I think), she burst through and said in plain English "He didn't do anything wrong!"  Perfect English!  Not choppy "Asian English" like "what he do? what he do?" 

The only thing that got me was that the detectives didn't pick up on that, but were probably not surprised that the mother could speak English, after finding out that the murdered husband could as well.

In addition, the goof regarding the brake lights.  I don't think it is a goof.  The brake line was punctured, the electronics weren't messed with at all.  So the brakes stopped working because there was no hydraulic fluid.  Brake lights go on when you step on the pedal, regardless of speed.  Try stepping on the pedal when your car is on, but in Park.  Your speed stays at zero, but you'll see the brake lights come on.

The other 3 listed goofs are proper goofs however.

Edited on 06/13/2006 1:44am
    Edited 2 total times.

dju010

[10]Jun 13, 2006
    About these goofs, well I don't want to make a big discussion out of it. When you think they're wrong submit the delete request.

About the English: The older son states that out, when Cole and Bishop talk to them for the first time. She screams in the department, but this isn't a conversation.

About the break lights, well I don't know what typ of car you have, but the thing with the parking and hitting the break, doesn't work with every car. Often it only works in standing position when you selected 0, P or R and on the manual systems, only when you're in gang 1 or R. Since they are driving, I think my goof is correct, when you can provide different information, please submit it with the delete or correction request to the trivia note.

dju010

[11]Jun 13, 2006
    danharr wrote:
    LOL a banner at the end of the series that just makes me sad!

Sure it's a sad thing, but hey, at least we've got one!! There are so many other guides of running shows (even long time running) and don't have a banner. Let's hope ABC decides to release the latest episode (no 8 ) as well!

TFArchive

[12]Jun 13, 2006
    • level: 13

Well a major goof was calling that car a Ford Festiva, when it was clearly a Toyota, likely a Corolla or Camry. Why would a strict asian person drive a crappy american car when he was trying to keep the american culture out of his family? Glaring errors like this are probably what doomed this show

Hey, I like the show it is a different take on the whole 'csi' thing but they could have at least checked their facts a bit when writing the show. And even if the show was written with a Festiva and they ended up with a Honda, any of the hundred people working on the show should have seen that it is isn't a Ford, heck the guy that bought the thing for the show should know for sure.

I'll watch the remaining eps but I can't say I'll really miss the show when it is gone and the new fall season starts.

Killer Instinct was better than this show

Edited on 06/13/2006 6:39pm

freethetribbles

[13]Jun 13, 2006
    • level: 2
    I like the episode and I really like the show.  I really wish they would consider leaving it on.  What is this banner I keep reading about?  Also, anyone find out the name of the song towards the end?  Something like, "I will find a way..."  Great song!  Please help!

freethetribbles

[14]Jun 14, 2006
    • level: 2

freethetribbles wrote:
    I like the episode and I really like the show.  I really wish they would consider leaving it on.  What is this banner I keep reading about?  Also, anyone find out the name of the song towards the end?  Something like, "I will find a way..."  Great song!  Please help!

The song is called "I'll Find a Way" by Rachael Yamagata.

dju010

[15]Jun 14, 2006
    TFArchive wrote:
    Well a major goof was calling that car a Ford Festiva, when it was clearly a Toyota, likely a Corolla or Camry. Why would a strict asian person drive a crappy american car when he was trying to keep the american culture out of his family? Glaring errors like this are probably what doomed this show

Thank you for pointing that out. It's clearly not a Ford Festiva (that would be much smaller). But it surley isn't a Toyota. Neither a Corolla or Camry. A Corolla wasn't built in the 80's and the Cmary looks different. So I did some research and I think it's an Honda Accord. I'm not completely sure witch edition, because I found at least 20 different ones.

But thank you for this goof, I add it. If anyone knows the exact type, please correct the trivia or let me know.

dju010

[16]Jun 14, 2006
    freethetribbles wrote:
    What is this banner I keep reading about?

The banner is the picture of this show you see above the show menu and behind the title. If you can't see that image, hit the support forum on this site.