The Facts of Life

NBC (ended 1988)

gwactuary

The Facts of Life Fan Reviews (32)

• You take the good, you take the bad...

The Facts of Life is a spinoff from the successful TV show "Diff'rent Strokes (1978-1986). This show is about a Housekeeper who eventually becomes the housemother of an all girl Private School named Eastland in Peekskill, New York. This show features focuses mostly on the four schoolmates and the Housemother who later becomes a Dietician. I love the 1980's and this show is the epitome of a solid TV sitcom. They do not make shows like this. I love all the charcters including the spoiled Blair Warner, the nosey Dorothy "Tootie" Ramsay, the chubby and hilarious Natalie Green and of course the tough girl Joanna Marie Polniaczek.
    I am happy to own four seasons of this wonderful show on DVD. I heard Season 5 will be out in the fall of 2010. I hope there is more to come. This show lasted for nine seasons!!!! If a show lasts this long, they must be doing something right.
    Finally, don't forget about the 3 TV movies: "The Facts of Life goes to Paris"(1983), "The Facts of Life Down Under"(1988) and "The Facts of Life Reunion"(2001).