The Fades Forums

BBC Three (ended 2011)

What was the ending all about?

Did you find the ending good?

RichardShortm

[1]Oct 26, 2011
    • level: 1

Why oh why do they leave the eneding "open to interpretation" somebody has been paid to create the idea for this programme, so why not have a proper ending and not leave me on a cliffhanger creating the ending for myself i want to be able to watch the ending.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

rcboothman

[2]Oct 26, 2011
    • level: 3
    How do you know there wont be a 2nd series? In which case, a cliffhanger is the norm

rtw85

[3]Oct 26, 2011
    • level: 3
    i hope there will be a second series, the uk finally get a decent supernatural series to go with being human, hopefully the writing keeps up and they get maybe a slighty higher vfx budget. Could be uk's answer to CW's Supernatural

torrijos

[4]Oct 27, 2011
    • level: 16
    Poor Jay...

British writers are ruthless compared to the americans...

mattgus

[5]Feb 18, 2012
    • level: 14
    british tv is far better in all areas of writing,acting,execution etc..than usa tv..they take more time. they cast differantly,ie...not simply based on beauty,but skill. most brit actors are well trained theater actors and even the youngest are vey well educated in the craft. the writing is bolder in many ways. they have differant censorship rules. not crazed about showing the human body....we will showhorrific scenes of ultr-violence and torure,but at the same moment block out someones buttocks...it is creepy how the mind that makes that decision works...(oops tirade)...the fades has to come back for many more seasons...it was an inovative approach to a subject that has been done to death...it felt fresh and new ans suspenceful...

dragon22a

[6]Feb 23, 2012
    • level: 32

Too bad about Jay. Finally a nerdy guy gets the girl who was actually into him from the start and some crazy guy shoots her in the head. That scene was well played. Paul tried like hell to heal her but couldn't. She could have come back as a fade but Paul seems to have wiped them all out and caused them to ascend. Maybe he did what he did to save her.

Either way, he seems to have upset some sort of balance. That is what the ending meant. He has opened a door that now he has to find a way to close. I really hope that there is a second series that picks things up.

For one thing, Neil needs to pay for the things he has done and go on the run. He now has no friends and I could see Paul gunning for him. Anna and Mac should be a bigger part of things. Perhaps Anna has some powers that she has not discovered yet that could play a part in things. Paul needs to find out what is going on and what his part is. I could also see him trying to bring Jay back.