The Fairly OddParents

Fairly Odd Baby

Aired Daily 7:00 AM Feb 18, 2008 on Nickelodeon

• Uhhh...

2.5
    This episode was just too unusual. Male fairies have babies?? Seriously, what sort of ideas were the writers trying to put into younger viewers' heads when they came up with this? I understand it's just a cartoon, but it's just downright ridiculous even for this show! I will admit I did sort of like the plot for this special, and I got excited when I first heard about Cosmo and Wanda having a baby, but this special just did not live up to the hype it got. Also, I might add that most of the jokes in this episode were really lame. A lot of the humor was running gags that got old very quickly, such as Cosmo throwing up on Timmy and the "new baby smell" gag. There was even a whole scene that basically repeated itself. If that isn't a sign of writers' block, I don't know what is. I also thought the ending was lame. However, there were a couple scenes I got a mild chuckle out of, the parts where Timmy corrected himself when he started talking baby talk and the scene with Jorgen dressed up like a pink bunny. Overall, though, I did not think this was a good special, and I would not go out of my way to watch it again. Final grade: F. Marebear2009, out!