The Fairly OddParents Forums

Daily 7:00 AM on NickelodeonIn Season

A Challenge

gideonbernstein

[1]Dec 3, 2012
    • level: 43

I have a challenge for you all. I dare you to give one good quality about Vicky.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

PookaMustard

[2]Dec 3, 2012
    • level: 5
    Haha! It took me a while (1 minute), but I guess it has to do with Wishology.

OK. Having her cold heart melted by a baby, and not torturing said baby (unless Poof used magic). Also warming up to Timmy on some... very rare... occasions.

And formerly, not torturing our, erm, her sister, Tootie. Noticed I said "formerly".

FOP_fan17

[3]Dec 3, 2012
    • level: 22
    There was one episode....it was a long time ago, and I can't remember which one....where Vicky thought Timmy had done something to Tootie and seemed ready to defend her. I'm pretty sure she asked him something like "What are you doing to my sister?" I remember thinking that that was nice of her, wanting to defend Tootie from someone.

PookaMustard

[4]Dec 3, 2012
    FOP_fan17 wrote:
    There was one episode....it was a long time ago, and I can't remember which one....where Vicky thought Timmy had done something to Tootie and seemed ready to defend her. I'm pretty sure she asked him something like "What are you doing to my sister?" I remember thinking that that was nice of her, wanting to defend Tootie from someone.

Which is exactly my point, that is not torturing her sister, but DEFENDING her, and even using her to torture Timmy... before she's no longer used in torturing Timmy and instead gets tortured. Hello, old days.

By the way, there's also a comic in which she thought Timmy lied to Tootie, and tried to punish him for this.

stephdumas

[5]Dec 3, 2012
    • level: 10
    The episode where Vicky was trapped with Timmy in some cave due to an avalanche. We see Vicky crying and confessing, it was one time we fell sorry for her.

PookaMustard

[6]Dec 3, 2012

We can now say that the challenge is busted. Everyone dared to give at least one good quality about Vicky, all by looking at my first post then bringing the examples out of it. I'm waiting for a tougher challenge though.

By the way, she's my 3rd favorite all time character... maybe that's why I know a lot about her.

Edited on 12/03/2012 11:43am

LRifle

[7]Dec 5, 2012
    • level: 10
    FOP_fan17 wrote:

In the first episode Tootie was in, Vicky oversees her birthday party and has a pretty nasty attitude still, though not toward Tootie. She does end up accidentally wrecking her party though. She also brings her over to Timmy's house later and leaves them together. Tootie seems oblivious or uncaring to Vicky's meanness at the time. In a later comic appearance (released before Tootie was introduced in the main series) Vicky angrily confronts Timmy when she learned he lied to Tootie, though she was likely doing it just to have an excuse to torment Timmy further. Tootie later stops that from happening and Vicky listens to her.

Overall I find those two early appearances to be very nice portrayals of both characters. Then Tootie appeared in Boy Toy and from then onward, she was victim #2 behind Timmy instead. However, that arguably also strengthened Timmy/Tootie's position on the show as aligned Tootie away from her sister and more toward Timmy's camp, instead of making it seem like Tootie was just another weapon of Vicky's against Timmy. Still, the relationship between the three of them really could have been explored better, with more episodes, instead of just random episodes focused on mundane extra characters and Vicky/Tootie getting 5/2 episodes tops per season.

FOP_fan17

[8]Dec 6, 2012
    • level: 22
    ^Exactly. All of the characters have been given good potential to some degree, but not enough. FOP is one of those shows that had so much material, and so much POTENTIAL, that it could have been 10x better than what it was during the last four seasons. It's one of those rare shows that really didn't have limitations and could have gone many seasons with high quality episodes. I daresay it could have earned an even higher good reputation, like one that rivals SpongeBob, had it not turned to crud during Season 5. I see some pre-Poof episodes on Nick occasionally and it makes my blood boil that while they've expanded the number of episodes they use, they are "gems" from the older days like "Talkin' Trash," etc. I don't see why Nick chooses to ignore the first four seasons of this show. Had it not been for those seasons, FOP probably wouldn't have survived for long. Another nice thing about Vicky is her love of animals. Sure, she used to take them to a terrible vet, but she wasn't trying to be mean. She was a good dog owner and thought Cosmo was a cute squirrel. I would love to see more nice moments like that again. It would have been interesting to see live-action Vicky and Tootie interact.