The Fairly OddParents Forums

Daily 7:00 AM on NickelodeonIn Season

"A Fairly Odd" sequel in theaters. Good or bad idea?

alfa9delta

[1]Jun 10, 2012
    • level: 6

So, this December is coming a sequel for "A Fairly Odd Movie", and it's christmas themed.

But, if you think well, Butch Hartman isn't a guy who knows the time to stop. If this "Fairly Odd Christmas" movie do good (or satisfatory) ratings he'll certainly try to take the next step on this "Fairly Odd" franchise. And Nick seems to be letting the guy do whatever he wants....

But, what would be the next step for this. I mean, would you enjoy if they decided to make lots of Fairly Odd specials, like, "A Fairly Odd Haloween" or "A Fairly Odd Valentine"?

Or else, would you support if they decided to take a live-action FOP movie to the big screen. Of course that they'd need a (very) higher budget and a better script. A movie with the quality of "Grow Up, Timmy Turner!" in theaters would be a failure of critic and public.

Personally, I'd rather an animated FOP movie for theaters. My dream is to see the FOP characters in big screen. But if they hire a professional screenwriter, like Disney did with the upcoming "Phineas and Ferb" movie (the show's creators wrote the script and Michael Arndt, from Toy Story 3, was hired to rewrite it), a FOP live-action movie in theaters may not be a totally bad idea.

What you guys think about it?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

FOP_fan17

[2]Jun 10, 2012
    • level: 22
    Not in theaters, for two reasons. 1) I couldn't go see it with anyone and 2) I don't think it would work. I would like to see an animated movie again, though.

cozmorocks12

[3]Jun 11, 2012
    • level: 14

FOP_fan17 wrote:
    Not in theaters, for two reasons. 1) I couldn't go see it with anyone and 2) I don't think it would work. I would like to see an animated movie again, though.

Also if Paramount wasn't bold enough to release a threatrical FOP film back in its heyday back in 2004/2005 I doubt now would be a good time when FOP is way past it prime.

But I would love to see what Marmel and Hartman had written for that film that was cancelled. Last thing I heard was that production stopped after a script was written.

LRifle

[4]Jun 14, 2012
    • level: 10

No theatre movies, no more live action... Seriously, this show has taken too many bold risks. It's survived cancellation twice now. Just stay the course, try to find some funnier writers, and focus on more than just tiresome characters like Crocker, Cosmo, and anyone who is alien.

alexspotsme

[5]Jun 28, 2012
    • level: 15
    Like another, I wouldn't have anyone to go with me to see it.

I'll enjoy watching a movie from home, with my laptop and twitter feed up.