The Fairly OddParents Forums

Daily 7:00 AM on NickelodeonIn Season

ComicCon 2011

FOP_fan17

[23]Jul 21, 2011
    • level: 22
    ^I think it's more TUFF Puppy stuff we'll be hearing, since FOP is almost finished. Judging from the list at Comic Con's official site, I don't even think Tara Strong or Susan Blakeslee are going to be there, and they are part of the main cast.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

LRifle

[24]Jul 24, 2011
    • level: 10

Didn't hear much from the FOP panel, it seemed to be mostly focused on year two of TUFF Puppy. Apparently some storyboards were shown and questions about the FOP movie were answered, but Im still waiting (Hoping) for a video of the whole thing like we had last year

FOP_fan17

[25]Jul 24, 2011
    ^There might be one up tomorrow. I was looking for two videos ofyesterday's panels, and they were posted on YouTube today. But those shows also have a lot of fans and their network even posts videos for them, so I don't know about FOP. I thought last year's FOP video was cool to watch, too.

edmasterchaos

[26]Jul 25, 2011
    • level: 41
    Couldn't get into that panel (i think i was too busy waiting for the Legend of Korra panel?) and, didn't see any FOP cosplayers, but, i saw a FOP poster and took a pic of it, i'll put it here tomorrow i think.

FairyFan13

[27]Jul 25, 2011
    • level: 16
    edmasterchaos wrote:
    Couldn't get into that panel (i think i was too busy waiting for the Legend of Korra panel?) and, didn't see any FOP cosplayers, but, i saw a FOP poster and took a pic of it, i'll put it here tomorrow i think.
    awesome!!!

edmasterchaos

[28]Jul 26, 2011

Here you go guys.

FOP_fan17

[29]Jul 26, 2011
    ^Looks cute!

alfa9delta

[30]Jul 26, 2011
    • level: 6
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0P4HMwD3geo

Here a video with Butch and the cast of TUFF and FOP on Comic Con. It shows the poster edmasterchaos uploaded.

FairyFan13

[31]Jul 27, 2011
    • level: 16
    awesome!!!

LRifle

[32]Jul 27, 2011
    Nice poster, pretty much every character in FOP's history is crammed in there. A keen eye may notice a few are missing (I didnt spot Happy Peppy Gary & Betty). Dave Thomas spoke some more on his blog. Timmy's Secret Wish is the last special we have not yet seen. Anything else is an episode. I'm not sure if he means its the last episode either, as he admits he is confused by the production ordering. Either way, I'm not expecting to see a true finale like Hartman promised, what we saw in the FOP movie is likely what we'll get.

cozmorocks12

[33]Jul 27, 2011
    • level: 14

Ever since the summary for the Fairly OddMovie came out it did have the finale smell to it.

And seeing what Hartman did with "Phantom Planet" I don't think he's capable of ending a show like FOP. That's why so far this last small season of "closure" has been full of pointless mediocrity like "Love Triangle" and "Invasion of the Dads".

Edited on 07/27/2011 10:06pm

LRifle

[34]Jul 29, 2011

Well here is a bit of news...

Hartman just posted on his twitter that he is working on ideas for a FOP movie sequel.

I don't know if he's serious, but Nick has been playing this movie ALOT and I think they were more than pleased how it did. Considering how low budget this was, and that the DVD continues to be a high seller (and the itunes ripoff thing...) I'm sure they made truckloads of money so this is not entirely unexpected.

alfa9delta

[35]Jul 29, 2011
    • level: 6

LRifle wrote:

Hartman just posted on his twitter that he is working on ideas for a FOP movie sequel.

I don't know if he's serious, but Nick has been playing this movie ALOT and I think they were more than pleased how it did. Considering how low budget this was, and that the DVD continues to be a high seller (and the itunes ripoff thing...) I'm sure they made truckloads of money so this is not entirely unexpected.

OMG! Seriously Mr. Hartman?

Seriously, Mr. Hartman?

cozmorocks12

[36]Jul 29, 2011

Oh oh. I certainly hope Scott Fellows comes back to write this one as well.

But really where else could they go with this? FOP is beyond a dead horse now, it's pretty much decomposing now.

EDIT: Looks like TUFF Puppy has been renewed for a third season.http://www.nickandmore.com/2011/07/29/nickelodeon-renews-t-u-f-f-puppy-for-third-season-brings-series-to-60-total-episodes/

Hartman had to say in the press release: ""I am truly thrilled to be able to make a brand-new litter of T.U.F.F. Puppy episodes," said Butch Hartman. "I love working on the show and I'm looking forward to expanding the world of Dudley Puppy with more villains, more gadgets, and even some surprises from Dudley and Kitty's past.""

This sounds great as TUFF Puppy definitely needs this in the first season. I wonder if season two is just going to be more of season one, if season three is when Hartman is thinking about barely starting this? ;D

Edited on 07/29/2011 1:24pm

edmasterchaos

[37]Jul 30, 2011
    Grow Upper Timmy Turner? Followed by the classic trilogy end, Grow Uppest Timmy Turner? so much growing? Well. I guess for what it was, it really was a success. And, Drake Bell's gonna get more popular now that he's voicing the next animated Spider-man, so, this makes sense. IDK how i feel about it but it makes sense.

fewmet

[38]Jul 30, 2011
    • level: 12

alfa9delta wrote:

LRifle wrote:

OMG! Seriously Mr. Hartman?

Seriously, Mr. Hartman?

That's the truth. Is Drake Bell going to appear again as Timmy - in his 30's? What's the title going to be - "Grow Old, Timmy Turner"? This just goes to show how unsuccessful Nicks' most recent attempts at creating new hits have been. It's squeezing every last drop out of FOP despite the fact that it's performing much worse now, ratings-wise, than it did before it was cancelled the first time. Yeesh. As for the movie making money for Nick...really? When it never rose above #3,000 in the sales rankings on Amazon? Don't think so. This is Nick using every worn-out property it's got against its rival Disney, which still pretty much kicks its butt in the 6-11 and 9-14 demos. We should remember that the new FOP episodes did lousy, didn't even make the top 40 Nielsen rankings. Hmmm....maybe that explains a second movie, though. Maybe Nick is more willing to do another movie than finance a whole new season of the animated version of FOP.

The only good thing about this news is that maybe we'll see more of Cheryl Hines and Jason Alexander as human Wanda and Cosmo. They were the only good thing about the first movie.

Edited on 07/30/2011 10:38am

fewmet

[39]Jul 30, 2011
    • level: 12

cozmorocks12 wrote:

But really where else could they go with this? FOP is beyond a dead horse now, it's pretty much decomposing now.

EDIT: Looks like TUFF Puppy has been renewed for a third season.http://www.nickandmore.com/2011/07/29/nickelodeon-renews-t-u-f-f-puppy-for-third-season-brings-series-to-60-total-episodes/

Hartman had to say in the press release: ""I am truly thrilled to be able to make a brand-new litter of T.U.F.F. Puppy episodes," said Butch Hartman. "I love working on the show and I'm looking forward to expanding the world of Dudley Puppy with more villains, more gadgets, and even some surprises from Dudley and Kitty's past.""

This sounds great as TUFF Puppy definitely needs this in the first season. I wonder if season two is just going to be more of season one, if season three is when Hartman is thinking about barely starting this? ;D

I didn't even know that Tuff Puppy had finished its first season, much less been greenlit for a second and third. Nick's got a strange way of spinning things...

cozmorocks12

[40]Jul 30, 2011

fewmet wrote:

cozmorocks12 wrote:

I didn't even know that Tuff Puppy had finished its first season, much less been greenlit for a second and third. Nick's got a strange way of spinning things...

TUFF Puppy is about to barely finish airing it's first original greenlight of 13 episodes (once those two new episodes air in August). However it's first season was bumped up to a 20 episode season in Oct 2010, then in Feb 2011 TUFF Puppy received an additional 20 episode season. I'm surprised that Nick is being so quick to order episodes. They must really be starting to feel the pressure from Disney's rival programming especially from Phineas and Ferb, which beat a morning of Spongebob repeats last week again.

I'm surprised however at Nick's insistence for another FOP live-action movie. Especially since with no news of a further renewal for FOP animated episodes since May 2009, I thought Nick was done.

I definitely agree more Hines and Alexander is never a bad idea.

Nick has recently shown to be a bit too eager when it comes to ordering new episodes. I recall many times Nick would order additional seasons of it's "hits" barely half way through seasons. It would tend to backfire especially with "hits" like Mighty B! and FanBoy and ChumChum.

Edited on 07/30/2011 12:32pm